• September 29, 2024, 04:57:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: That's a pretty cool thing about fw43  (Read 1415 times)

Motoproponent

• View Profile
That's a pretty cool thing about fw43
« on: October 18, 2023, 03:47:27 AM »

I noticed that on the Experia, the key now has to be on to open the storage compartment. Previously if the bike was "awake" ,like when it's charging, you could hold the back button and open the compartment.  I remember thinking if it becomes common knowledge on any level that an unattended bike that is on a charger can be opened, my life would suck a little bit more.

The new firmware seems to have nullified this little thieves' exploit.

curious about how it works for keyless bikes with the fob.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 03:56:31 AM by Motoproponent »
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

svelectric

• View Profile
Re: That's a pretty cool thing about fw43
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2023, 05:15:38 AM »

I didn't know that.  I just tested it.  It definitely doesn't open when charging.  It does, when keyed on.  I never tried it before 43.  Good catch.  FW43, so far, all improvements for the Experia IMO.

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 11:33:13 PM »

I'm also happy to report that the autocharge with the EVgo chargers is the Mutt's Nuts!! I really lean into EVgo chargers now and actively seek them out. They are my faves on road trips.
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 12:41:31 AM »

Does the brake light flash when you back off ( regeneration) with FW43?

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 02:43:43 AM »

Does the brake light flash when you back off ( regeneration) with FW43?

I know the brake light comes on during regen in FW42....but I wasn't aware of any "flashing" as such. Interesting to see if they change it on on FW43.

My bike is being "updated" to FW43 in a few weeks.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2023, 10:30:59 AM »

basically when you are doing a harder regen, the brake light will flash on and off, I want to say 3 to 5 times a second? to let people behind you know you are slowing down, but it's not a I guess you could call it, brake pedal induced braking.  A brake pedal will give a solid light, a regen a blinking light.

Not sure why the difference though TBH.  BOTH are braking / slowing down the bike, one is just electronically doing it.  Given many people are not familiar with what that means when they see the blinkey lights, it causes confusion.  Maybe the difference is so that people are not like, WTF does this a-hole keep hitting his brakes for? and realize it's just regen kicking in.  But still can get annoying if you keep going in and out in and out of it. 

Then again, engine braking on a bigger bike can have the same affect I am told, so why does one get lights and the other doesn't when both give the same affect to your motion?

:shrug:

Aaron

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2023, 03:32:06 PM »

Having the brake light come on during regen has been a feature for many years. I tested that out on my Eva 107 back in 2018. Not sure about the brake light flashing but it definitely came on.

SBK74

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2023, 01:57:25 PM »

There used to be a intermittent flashing of the brake light with regen on medium or max, like F1 cars do with regen. Somewhere in an early 2021 update , Energica silently changed that feature for a less continiuos blinking (a bit like a bad contact wire), and continious on at high regen. Last tour I got comments from fellow riders on braking erratically, but that was just using regen halfway.
2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2023, 02:59:31 PM »

Last tour I got comments from fellow riders on braking erratically, but that was just using regen halfway.

Same here! My companions thought I have a short circuit in my brake light  :)
I find it somewhat deplorable that nothing about that dynamic brake light can be found in the owner's manual.

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2023, 02:24:37 AM »

Does anybody know or have witnessed what happens when the dealer does an update? What is the interface? Do they access internet then connect to bike via some magic box ?

I'm 800 miles from nearest dealer and wonder what all is involved?

Commodore

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2023, 10:52:04 AM »

My experience looking over the dealer's shoulder:  Dealer uses Energica-supplied cable to hook up laptop with Energica diagnostic software to Experia through port under left side cover.  Ducati dongle removed from laptop. Software analyzes moto and determines that update 43 can be installed.  Some initialization process starts over the airwaves, and download from remote (Energica) source material begins. 13,000 +/- modules or lines of code download to the laptop, with 'most' of them downloading correctly.  Communication with moto is reestablished, and upload to moto begins.  Upload finishes, and update process 'seems' to be finished.  Laptop unplugged.  Moto shut off then restarted.

Moto does not restart.  It looks like it restarts, but immediately goes dead.  Multiple retries.  Remember the 'blue screen of death'?  I am a little panicked.  Total: an hour has passed.  I now own a "brick".  Dealer calls Energica.  A 'process' may not have shut off during the update.  Solution:  take the fairing plastic off and manually short a small connector underneath the fairing.  Another hour has passed.  Unable to access the small connector.

Dealer 'discovers' a RECOVER tab on the laptop's update software.  Plugs the laptop back in to the Experia, and voila, we are back to Firmware 42.  Another hour has passed.

Back on the phone with Energica, dealer downloads the entire update to the laptop before ever connecting the moto.  Another hour passes.  Download successful in entirety.  Cable and laptop are reconnected, and update process is initialized.  Fairing is reassembled.  After another hour, I am advised all is well, and now have a 70 mile nighttime ride in 40 degree temps in rush hour traffic home.

I hope this was somewhat humorous Wadejesu, in hindsight, but I would make sure your dealer is familiar with the Energica update process, has a working cable and software installed before the update begins.  Everything works fine, although I have not ridden that much after the update, and have not charged on the road, so cannot judge the great new charging station interfaces, but everything works and I am still very happy with my Experia.

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2023, 08:32:30 PM »

Joy

Sounds typical. I could do this myself if I had the cable and software, I hate to travel 800 miles to a dealer and go through what you did.

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2023, 09:07:18 PM »

I got lucky with my firmware upgrade.  I was there for maybe 2hrs total, but there were other things they were doing to the bike as well.  It was a large bmw/ducati dealer, so I had lots to look at and talk about with the guys there.  Hopefully you didn't get charged on top of it.

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2023, 01:59:16 AM »

Can anyone comment on the keyless activation, does the nuisence FOB alert persists w/ FW43 or has this been fixed?

Still riding on FW37 would be nice to update if this issue is addressed.
BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2023, 02:49:59 AM »

Can anyone comment on the keyless activation, does the nuisence FOB alert persists w/ FW43 or has this been fixed?

Still riding on FW37 would be nice to update if this issue is addressed.

I had the "key not in range" issue on my Experia from new....Energica sent me a new Keyless module, keys and FOB to fit, firmware updated to .43, haven't had the fault since.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Pages: [1] 2