• September 30, 2024, 10:37:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Chain guard screws  (Read 723 times)

joesedroid

• View Profile
Chain guard screws
« on: September 29, 2023, 12:30:07 AM »

Hello all,
Im sure this screw is nothing odd or out of the ordinary but can anyone tell me where to get one? The top one is always lose and I continually tightening it (probably stripped) and it finally fell off on a ride.
Thanks!
Joe

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Chain guard screws
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 01:31:40 AM »

Well if you stripped the screw out, putting a new one in is not going to help, it will probably fall right out as well.
Call your Energica dealer, they should be able to order you ANY part you need for the bike in theory.

Take another screw to the hardware store, Ace Hardware, Home Depot (good luck getting one of their retards to even know what a screw is let alone how to size it but anyways), and see if they got something in stock or can order it for you.

If you have looseness problems, you probably have bigger issues than just the screw, some locktite might be helpful as well.  Don't get the hardening type that turns into concrete, but the stuff that will hold but you can break it loose when needed.  That should take care of the loose issue but still let you take the cover off when you need to service, and also keep the screw from falling out again

Aaron

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 10:38:03 PM »

Where do you live? I have several

joesedroid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 05:14:37 AM »

Really??
Im in Denver Colorado, USA.
I did go to home depot but they had absolutely nothing that would work. I have some that do, but look totally different and need washers.
Joe

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 07:35:44 AM »

you may have to dig a bit but I have found over the years that ACE Hardware tends to have bins of oddball parts, screws, nuts, pins etc, you might find something there.  If you can get a size for it you can probably order one too.  goto an auto store they might have one too, it does not have to be an 'energica screw' it's probably a standard metric something

Aaron

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2023, 09:35:03 PM »

Mine fell out pretty quick too, after about 3k miles.

joesedroid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2023, 07:23:30 PM »

Thanks! im ordering the Aliexpress ones.
Joe

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2023, 07:51:15 AM »

Sadly I am seeing with numerous manu's, that screws like this, that YOU need to access to do work, tend to strip out very easy.  It's like they are made of shitty Chineeseium potters metal or something like that.  A hex wrench should NOT be going roundy roundy on the second time you took the guard off to do chain work!!

I get the entire sacrificial part thing, and the whole which do you want to break first thing, but geez, for the SacPart, can you pick something that's a little bit more robust?  Do NOT like working on ANYTHING and having to play the, ok, do I snug it up and hope it don't strip out, or do I leave it just rubbing and hope it don't back out / fall out thing.

Aaron

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2023, 03:13:14 AM »

TBH, my bike is out of warranty and I'm looking at that chain guard very much with the view that the only bit that's in the way of checking tension is the very front and sawzall would solve the problem quite nicely.
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2023, 03:32:24 AM »

Stonewolf, oh I hear that, out of warranty Im taking care of it the way it needs to be !!

Problem is, titanium bolt, very tough, BUT whats' going to strip out when it galvanically corrodes, oh the frame screw hole! or whatever,  NOT something you want to be replacing, or tapping.

Really wish they'd use better parts on some things.

Aaron
Pages: [1]