• September 30, 2024, 04:21:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Balancing good practices  (Read 3437 times)

wadejesu

• View Profile
Re: Balancing good practices
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2023, 12:37:03 AM »

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2023, 02:16:08 AM »

End Of Charge Cycle

https://youtube.com/shorts/xvFtqBBmZ_Y?feature=share

That video does not seem like expected behavior.  My 2023 rebelle will show that balancing message as it approaches 100% and when it hits 100% the charging process turns off and the cable lock is released, no charge is complete message.  The screen goes dark if I had the bike keyed off during charging.  When I turn on the bike, I see 100% charge.  No error or fault message.

Valen

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2023, 12:58:52 PM »

End Of Charge Cycle

https://youtube.com/shorts/xvFtqBBmZ_Y?feature=share

That video does not seem like expected behavior.  My 2023 rebelle will show that balancing message as it approaches 100% and when it hits 100% the charging process turns off and the cable lock is released, no charge is complete message.  The screen goes dark if I had the bike keyed off during charging.  When I turn on the bike, I see 100% charge.  No error or fault message.

Same on my 22 Ribelle RS and the tech's confirmed that the real indicator of the end of the balancing is when 100% shows on the dash

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2023, 03:03:54 PM »

Seems like maybe some communications issue.  It tried to tell the charger, ok turn off im done, and it did not, it was still pulling 1.1 kw.  So, either you were NOT at 100 percent on the bikes side or the charger did not turn off when told to.  The fault flipped, WHICH yes, that does end the charge cycle, and it is complete.

Id chalk it off to another bug.

I have seen on my Ribelle,especially when multi mode charging w/o cycling bike power, that sometimes it'll say 95 percent, and balancing, then all of the sudden, just pop to 100 percent, charge complete and we are done.

When the bikes power is cycled, it shows 100 percent and everything is fine.

Maybe @Desmoni can answer this.

The programming for the Bikes,  is this done inhouse or do you contract an outside source to do this for you, and fix bugs etc, which is why it don't happen as often as it really should IMO ?

Inhouse = Easy fixes IF they have the talent.  Push updates fairly often.
Outhouse = a lot of money, so wait until you have a long list before spending the cash, and do it all at once, and hope they are not like GE and you actually have some competence working it and it's not more buggy shit.

Aaron

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2023, 07:13:20 PM »

At least now I'm getting to 100% SOC after I ran battery down to -10%. Just wish I knew what fault was.  Is that Desmo guy a real service manager?

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2023, 07:52:52 AM »

Just wish I knew what fault was.

Yeah, that one, at the end of a full charge...before display goes blank.

Normal and nothing to be concerned about in my experience.

Seat open, seat switch contact closed (during charge) was thought to be the faulty logic that causes that but it was never confirmed.
BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2023, 07:56:37 AM »

.  Is that Desmo guy a real service manager?

Yes he is the real deal.

How many other e bike companies have their service managers scan the forums to answer questions about their products?

That is true customer service right there!

Aaron

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2024, 03:27:25 AM »

He never answered my question, I still get the fault

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2024, 03:50:36 AM »

Send him an email and he'll get to it when he has time. At this moment they're about to be VERY busy as the next MotoAmerica SuperHooligan races are next weekend in Washington. So I wouldn't be surprised if most of his focus is on race prep temporarily. serviceusa-sf@energicamotor.com

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2024, 04:44:01 AM »

He never answered my question, I still get the fault

Me thinks this is a phantom fault that occurs when balance session times-out at same time charge current is present versus no charge current present when the cycle terminates.

The video example in this thread shows the charge current at 4-amps when session terminated, need to capture 0-amps event when session terminates to validate this is just a bug.

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2024, 10:44:20 PM »

I get the same thing at 0 amps

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2024, 02:45:55 AM »

I get the same thing at 0 amps

Same fault here....mine follows up w/ "Contact Service" if ignition is keyed "on" when charging terminates.

No functional issues otherwise or nuisence alerts while riding...ever...so not too concerned this fault indication is an issue.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2024, 04:59:39 PM »

Sometimes you get goofy messages at the end of the charge cycle.  Im going to say it's just buggy soft ware, lets be honest about it.
Typically when you cycle power on and off, those messages are all gone, there are no lingering notifications and everything is fine.
I tend to just ignore them and go about my day.
Yes they are annoying, and for a new user, who does not know any better yet, can seem a bit frightening, oh crap,  the bike is brand new and there's a problem already ?!?!?!?!???   At the end of the day, if that's the only major issue going on, is a buggy notification, they are doing pretty good, when you consider how many other's have had entire season's / years ... recalled due to bad batteries etc etc.

Aaron

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2024, 06:58:21 PM »

True bike is fine otherwise, it's just annoying. It didn't do it when new

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2024, 12:30:00 AM »

that is true wade, which makes one ask.
WHAT was the thing that made it start?
Was it an update that began all this crap, or did a log finally fill up,  did a now being used battery, finally shuffle off a high value into normal ranges and dings in and out of that now?  WHAT was the thing that triggered these?

Aaron
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]