• September 30, 2024, 02:27:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Regina HPE Chain - 10,000 km / UPDATE at 14,000: Chain Is DEAD!  (Read 3385 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Regina HPE Chain - 10,000 km
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2023, 10:53:41 PM »

Back on topic:  I've had bikes with chains, belts and shafts.
I used to only buy street bikes with driveshafts, such as my 1971 BMW, 1984 Yamha Venture and my 2013 TTSE. But unlike the past, driveshaft problems are getting more common, especially with BMW.

These days, I cannot say I have a preference between chains, belts and shafts. All of them occasionally give problems. I don't find chain maintenance to be a big issue, just keep it lubricated. I don't bother to clean chains, some people say it is best not to, normal riding gets most of the junk off. Just make sure it doesn't get dry.

But what I don't like is not having a centerstand on my Energicas to make the chain lubing job easier.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2023, 11:49:47 PM »

I literally dropped my Ribelle trying to get it on the paddock stand the other day (first time I've done it) and it reminded me how much I miss centrestands.

Broke one of the plastic panels but don't worry, the empty paint tin definitely came off the loser ...
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2023, 11:58:18 PM »

Stonewolf sorry to hear that. I tipped mine in the garage a few weeks ago, I was moving the bike forward to get it all the way in so I could close the door because a T storm was coming and the kick stand snagged something and sprang up, (it's a real bastard about that!! ) I leaned the bike just a little and that was all it took, away she went.  Thankfully it leaned up against a work stand I had in there and didn't go totally down, so I was able to squeeze onto the other side of it and grunt it back into an upright position.

People don't realize how top heavy they are and it only takes a few degrees of lean for that sob to tip, and if you are sitting on it, or standing aside it, NO you are NOT going to stop it !  :-X

Do yourself a favor.  Get yourself an extra set of turn signals too, and potentially mirrors.  those all are in the 'fall path' if it tips totally.
So is the brake handle and the rear brake leverl.

For the cracked fairing.  You can kind of mesh the parts together and glue them to hold them together until you get new ones if you are going to get new ones.  Also, if you got the black bike, a black sharpie works wonderfully for covering up the scuff / blending in the break mark back with the rest of the fairing color.  (ask me how I know this  :-[  ).  If it's a bit shiny just rub it a bit with your finger and it'll blend right in.

Aaron

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2023, 02:09:53 AM »

I literally dropped my Ribelle trying to get it on the paddock stand the other day (first time I've done it) and it reminded me how much I miss centrestands.

Broke one of the plastic panels but don't worry, the empty paint tin definitely came off the loser ...
I wish those stupid (IMAO) paddock stands were never invented. Then our bikes would still come with centerstands, like they all used to.

-Don- located here
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2023, 01:42:49 AM »

What annoys me most about the paddock stand actually is the precision Italian engineering ... it doesn't quite line up with the ergal bolts and that's what I was trying to resolve when I dropped it ...

Meanwhile the panel isn't falling off or anything, it's one of the higher up red ones and the crack hasn't caused any of it to hang off but it's really obvious. I'm only 2k short of my next service so I'll get on to EEMC and have them order a part now so I can get it done when bring it in.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2023, 07:06:49 AM »

Order your parts NOW and you may get them in time for Christmas.

I ordered a brake handle for my bike 3 months ago and the fucker still hasn't made it to the states yet, so the dealer claims.  I also ordered the rear shifter lever too, and it's still not here either.  THIS I don't understand,  these are common parts, not highly advanced machined parts, and also are shit that one should expect will get buggered up in ANY tip over.  WHY isn't there an abundance of these in parts / repair bins?

If there was one complaint I had about Energica besides the software bugs, this would be it.  The supply chain is well.... not very well.

Aaron

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2023, 11:44:12 AM »

@Stone: Had a fall with my Ribelle as well. One guy told me, you never really own a bike until you dropped it at least once  :P
For paddock stand, consider getting a one-hand operated one. like from Pitbull (https://www.pit-bull.com/single-swingarm-rear-stands) or from Kern-Stabi (https://www.louis.de/artikel/kern-stabi-mono-zentral-grundstaender-2038/10002675?filter_article_number=10002675).

The fairing cost about 450 €. Delivery time to Germany was approx. 7 workdays.
Gave the splintered fairing to a repair shop. They fixed and re-painted it for 200 €.

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2023, 02:32:04 PM »

Order your parts NOW and you may get them in time for Christmas.

I ordered a brake handle for my bike 3 months ago and the fucker still hasn't made it to the states yet, so the dealer claims.  I also ordered the rear shifter lever too, and it's still not here either.  THIS I don't understand,  these are common parts, not highly advanced machined parts, and also are shit that one should expect will get buggered up in ANY tip over.  WHY isn't there an abundance of these in parts / repair bins?

If there was one complaint I had about Energica besides the software bugs, this would be it.  The supply chain is well.... not very well.

Aaron

Only one explanation that I can figure.  Cash flow problems. 

Makes no sense if there is inventory of parts that they are not being shipped.

Parts are probably not being made because someone is not getting paid.

Unfortunate.

It is a good idea to change both front and rear sprockets when installing a new chain.

Can't get a front sprocket nut removal tool, and dealers don't expect availability for months...

Here is an alternative to the Energica tool:

https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=210006&currency=USD

« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 05:39:19 PM by Pard »

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2023, 07:38:58 PM »

I love the Energica and wish them only the very best, but man, how can you sell an item then have no repair parts available for it?

I get it they got behind with producing all the Experia's for the rollout and the backorder on those but geez, can't you hire a few more people, or outsource the simple to make shit?

A rear brake lever, it's a piece of aluminum that is knurled FFS.  Any machine shop can make these w/o much effort at all!  Why not contract out to a local shop in the US, order 100 of them, or 500 of them to get a bulk discount, and that's one part already on hand, when the rest of the bike gets shipped over for final prep / pre sale bolt up?  Rinse, wash, and repeat the same process for the other countries you sell in as well.  OR one time run a box of them over there so you have them.  You can't find an apprentice machinist, put him on the CNC and say here, run out 100 of these?

I wonder if they have union goons and THAT typical bullshit strangling their business over in Italy like the cancer is doing here in the USA?

I believe they have their own machine shops and stuff Pard,and make most of their parts in shop.  Still, no idea why simple stuff is not being made.  Irregardless of their annual month off vacation they take in the summer months.

I really want to see them succeed, it's an awesome bike, but not having parts available is really a BAD look for any company !

Just my opinion.

Aaron

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2023, 07:41:17 PM »

^^^ Agree 100%, @Specter

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2023, 08:53:16 PM »

It's because they're low volume, nothing they make is mass manufactured.

You want a part? Sure, they'll page Giuseppe down in the 3d printing room and he'll get right on it.

My big impression with their parts is it's transport more than anything else, the lead time depends on how far away you are from Italy and how often stuff is shipped to your geography.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2023, 02:34:40 AM »

I love the Energica and wish them only the very best, but man, how can you sell an item then have no repair parts available for it?

It's been the way Piaggio (Aprilia, Vespa, Piaggio and MotoGuzzi) has been operating for DECADES.  Fortunately they build fairly reliable machines but if you need a part?  God help you!!  Must be an "Italian thing" (though I've never heard that said about Ducati).
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2023, 04:03:10 AM »

It's been the way Piaggio (Aprilia, Vespa, Piaggio and MotoGuzzi) has been operating for DECADES.  Fortunately they build fairly reliable machines but if you need a part?  God help you!!  Must be an "Italian thing" (though I've never heard that said about Ducati).
There is still a worldwide parts shortage causing many issues for many companies.

Here in Reno, there is a sign at Eurocycles that reads:

"Because of the worldwide parts shortage, we will no longer service any bikes more than ten years old."

But the problem is more than just the older bikes. It is affecting many things, even new RVs and such. I guess we still have not yet recovered from the pandemic parts supply issues.

And even the war in Ukraine is causing parts issues. Surprisingly, a lot of parts normally come from there. For an example, I hear most European motorcycle harnesses come from Ukraine.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2023, 10:29:04 PM »

I know it had the para-lever.  So does my K1200LT.  I'd only heard of issues with the GS drive shaft and I think it had to do with the greater suspension travel (and more likely to get abuse off-road).  First I'd heard of a road-only paralever bike having a drive shaft issue.  Did BMW cover it?  In 1991 they still had three years/unlimited mileage.  When my bike came along it was 3 years or 36,000 miles; whichever came first.  Though my rear wheel bearing went at 40K miles they still replaced it at no cost.  That was back in the days with BMWNA actually gave a **** about their customers though...

I had a 2006 R1200 GS, I had it for about a year before I tied the keys to a brick and gave it back through the front window of the dealership.

Just kidding. I wanted to though. I had so many problems and the dealership proved how good they were at denying warrantee claims. The Rear final drive failed 3 times in the span of two months. I blame it on BMW not racing in any series. That was the first model year after Paris-Dakar and Baja banned multi cylinder bikes. BMW had to continue to innovate but they were answering questions no one asked. (Dual plugs, Hydraulic assist boosters on the brakes, the new Duo-lever front end on the K bikes, elastomer vibration dampeners in the shafts). Its the reason I'm selling a KTM to offset the cost of my Experia, instead of a BMW.
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

jscho

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2023, 10:46:55 PM »

Hi, does anyone has an info, where to buy this chain ( REGINA HPE) for an esseesse9+ as a complete
kit?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4