• September 29, 2024, 08:22:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bar graph at top of display  (Read 2894 times)

wadejesu

• View Profile
Bar graph at top of display
« on: September 05, 2023, 02:53:17 AM »

On my 2023 Ribelle I noticed TC and Motor current indicators on top of display don't work anymore, any ideas? I did have a MIL but it cleared, top of display still blank.

Items 3 & 4 on page 26 of owners manual

PWM

• View Profile
Re: Bar graph at top of display
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 10:02:26 AM »

Mine worked when bike was new then stopped working but the LEDs do activate @ <10% SOC as a safeguard-aid me thinks to mitigate trashing cells.

Prior attempts to make it work thru menu selection has failed. could it be a calibration issue?

BTW - what firmware version are you running?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 10:03:50 AM by PWM »
BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 11:30:05 AM »

Did you try to make them work in Rain Mode or Eco Mode?

Maybe they made this 'insensitive' for Urban or Track Mode because the graphic information about the amps is not very useful.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 05:27:28 PM »

I know there are some user settings where you can set what you want displayed,  like the kw/mile thing  you can set the decimal place essentially.  Maybe yours is set too high and it's just running out of range really for the resolution you choose?  Try a lower setting.  I had this on my bike where it would just basically flop back and forth between 0 and 1 sometimes 2 for KW / mile, turns out I had it SET to show KW per mile, when if I set it for WATTS per mile, it opened up the resolution so the data shown was actually useful because it was much more precise, ie NOT rounded to 1000's unit.

Note: My use of the terms  KW/mile  Watts/mile are NOT exact to how the bike displays it, and the display IS kind of counter intuitive there when setting things, but you'll see what I mean when you get into the menu selection mode.

Aaron

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 07:32:49 PM »

Odd thing is that they used to work and now they don't and I have not changed any settings.

chisquare

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2023, 02:41:15 PM »

What is your SOC? Do you still get the full power? In limp mode, afaik, the LEDs don't work. Maybe already a low SOC makes them inactive?
Energica Esse Esse 9+ RS
BMW R1300 GS

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2023, 07:14:52 PM »

SOC 95% bike has full power No LEDS, have them set to ON in Display settings.

chisquare

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023, 04:20:59 AM »

Ok, then that is eliminated as a possible cause. Maybe @Demoni can chime in?
Energica Esse Esse 9+ RS
BMW R1300 GS

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2023, 06:24:05 PM »

I remember seeing something in the manual, a sentence somewhere on how you can change that display on the ribelle.  I think some part of it was tied in with the green eyeball setting as well, but don't quote me on that.

Putting the bike in ECO mode or a very low battery putting you into a conservative power mode, would actually make the LED's activate more, as you'd be going to full throttle a lot faster than in normal mode, since the power applied is so much less than normal driving.  Rain mode will also make them much more 'active' as well.  In normal or sport mode, you crank the throttle all the way the bike is going to want to stand on end, so you don't do that very  much at all!  In rain mode,hammering the throttle, all the lights light up like a christmas tree across your dash but the acceleration is very conservative, comparatively.

Put it in rain mode, and give it good throttle to take off, and cycle thru all the screens and see what you get out of it.

I have a PDF version of the instruction manual, let me do a word search and see if I can find that little blurb where they talked about it again.  Now im interested

Aaron

chisquare

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2023, 03:26:56 AM »

Are you sure that the LEDs are just reflecting the throttle position? I was under the impression that it was a measure of the actual current from the battery to the motor.
Energica Esse Esse 9+ RS
BMW R1300 GS

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2023, 08:24:52 AM »

Current

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2023, 09:11:38 AM »

Hmmm, LEDs serve as "Motor Current Indicator" but that's not how they respond because the max (red) threshold shifts proportional to SOC meaning at 100% current limit is likely fixed to 40Amps which was published in early bikes having Rinehart traction drives.

Suspect a master reset when battery pack is physically at 100% will solve this because that's all we have to calibrate the system.  The menu activation works but the trip point for LEDs is out of range until battery gets to silly SOC levels...that's my data point.

NCM chemistry has a high voltage slope for SOC measurement which makes it easy to adjust "Available Motor Current" but how the system gets lost is anybody's guess.

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2023, 07:14:36 PM »

Right now SOC is 85% still no LEDs , I'll try a master reset after a 100% charge and see what that does.

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2023, 06:19:53 PM »

I know there are some user settings where you can set what you want displayed,  like the kw/mile thing  you can set the decimal place essentially.  Maybe yours is set too high and it's just running out of range really for the resolution you choose?  Try a lower setting.  I had this on my bike where it would just basically flop back and forth between 0 and 1 sometimes 2 for KW / mile, turns out I had it SET to show KW per mile, when if I set it for WATTS per mile, it opened up the resolution so the data shown was actually useful because it was much more precise, ie NOT rounded to 1000's unit.

Valid point on throttle usage, will certainly try Eco/Rain settings suggested and see how LEDs respond.  Will also try master reset before full charge and after full charge , bike has never had a master reset cycle as best memory serves....

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2023, 06:52:33 PM »

Ironic thing is , I did not change any display settings, got a undefined fault which cleared, but now no LEDs. I do now have the current bar item 7 in the display which I don't thing worked until LEDs went away. I guess I need to know where to change power profile settings, damn if I can find it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 06:59:30 PM by wadejesu »
Pages: [1] 2