• October 02, 2024, 04:37:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: MyEnergica App not in App Store anymore  (Read 637 times)

jotjotde

• View Profile
MyEnergica App not in App Store anymore
« on: August 24, 2023, 01:20:37 PM »

Hi!
Bc I unnecessarily  ::) crashed my iphone 8 I got me a new 14 these days.
Now I see that the MyEnergica app isn't avaliable for download anymore.

OK, it never was a great app and obviously was not maintained anymore, nevertheless I occasionally used it e.g. for checking the charge status from afar.
Another helpful function was the charger map but that was also not updated anymore.

Does anyone know details e.g. if Energica plans to revive the app?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 11:56:22 AM by jotjotde »

Hans2183

• View Profile
Re: MyEnergia App not in App Store anymore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 04:52:23 PM »

Back in 2021 somewhere it was also gone and I reported it to my dealer that time. When it was back in the app store my dealer told me. So I would just report it and hope for them to fix the issue. Not much else we can do.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 03:24:16 AM »

Does anyone know details e.g. if Energica plans to revive the app?

New Energicas over the last couple of years don't come with a Bluetooth module...so I suspect not.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 07:09:34 AM »

It's my understanding that the app is no longer supported.

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 07:23:13 AM »

Abandoning the app is a big mistake, in my opinion.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2023, 08:11:25 AM »

It's my understanding the energica's are not bluetooth connected anymore or wifi connected so the app would be rather moot.

Before they go fucking with an app though that just has 'feel good' stuff on it, id rather then put  effort into fixing the existing bugs they got going on like the key fob issue IMO.

Just saying.

Aaron

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2023, 02:27:06 AM »

It's my understanding the energica's are not bluetooth connected anymore or wifi connected so the app would be rather moot.

Before they go fucking with an app though that just has 'feel good' stuff on it, id rather then put  effort into fixing the existing bugs they got going on like the key fob issue IMO.

Just saying.

Aaron

Those things are unrelated.

An app can be extremely useful on an EV as you can get SOC at destination estimates, add navigation/routing based on charging locations, etc.

Every other EV manufacturer is working on expanding their app. There is a good reason for that.

Specter

• View Profile
Re: MyEnergica App not in App Store anymore
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2023, 07:36:04 AM »

Why spend good R and D dollars on an app with navigation, when there already ARE plenty of those apps already on the streets.
why pay google to license their maps from them for your 'mee too' app when people are just going to already use google maps or Waze anyways?  No matter WHAT they come out with, it will NEVER be better than what's already out there because it will have to use their feeds!

As far as remote monitoring of your bike and stuff, yes those are nice features, but it still means, they would have to put bluetooth back onto the bike and support it.   you are at goobers gas and grill eating a booger burger, and your bike is 1/4 mile away in the parking lot of the shopping mall the G and G is at.  You want to talk to your bike to see what it's charge state is.  Ok, your bike will need an internet connection somehow, you can't rely on just riding on everyone elses 'free', so now you need more infrastructure on your bike to license /support a dedicated wireless feed for your bike to talk to, to talk to you, when your phone is not in phone to bike range of the bike.

Do you want to pay 20 / month to keep your bike 'hot' on the internet so it can update, talk to you, sing karaoke with you etc?  Not to mention the security of it all but I am sure they could keep the bike's brains out of that stream so no accidental hacking /killing your bike for ransom etc.  Many people would not.  It all comes down to money. some things are just not worth the investment one has to put into it for such a small feedback / return for so few who actually use the services it provides.

Aaron
Pages: [1]