• September 21, 2024, 03:49:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What's your longest day?  (Read 1173 times)

Motoproponent

• View Profile
What's your longest day?
« on: July 20, 2023, 10:15:28 PM »

What's the most miles you've covered in one day on an Energica?

I love road trips. Currently the longest trip I've had with an electric is a 230 mile day on a 2020 Zero DSR. What kind of days are you folks putting in with the ability to DCFC?
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: What's your longest day?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 10:21:13 PM »

Mine was probably the 550 or so mile trip from Anaheim to Reno we did a couple years ago. Fun but god we picked a hot day.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 12:38:34 AM »

What's the most miles you've covered in one day on an Energica?

I love road trips. Currently the longest trip I've had with an electric is a 230 mile day on a 2020 Zero DSR. What kind of days are you folks putting in with the ability to DCFC?
The first two people to pick up their Experias in South SF rode them home to Florida.

But the most I have done is just a little under 300 miles on any electric.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2023, 01:12:01 AM »

The first two people to pick up their Experias in South SF rode them home to Florida.

But the most I have done is just a little under 300 miles on any electric.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Yeah, I followed them on Facebook for that trip. They were on vacation and took a couple weeks. December 15 to January 3. I don't think they were looking for big miles in a day.

2024 Energica Experia

Dryer667

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2023, 08:53:51 AM »

Most I have done on my SS9 is about 370mi in a day. I like to keep days between 200-300mi on ICE or electric if I have the ability to.

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2023, 11:45:02 AM »

A bit more than 1000 km in two days exclusively on highways just as an experiment.

If you are interested, here's the link to the thread (or post  8)): https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=12570.0

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2023, 01:24:45 AM »

I did over 500 miles recently, did Scotlands NC500 in one day as a challenge.
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2023, 03:36:56 AM »

I think I did 200 ish in a day.  Just went riding with friends,  did about 50 to his house, charged there, drank, ate and BS for a few hours, then hit the road for about 60 to a bar, they had a 115v let me charge a bit, sat, drank, ate, bs there for a few hours, let the bike charge a little bit. 

then another bar about oh, maybe 25 away, again, let me hit a 115, so why not?, we were having fun, bartender loved the bike and promised me that if we came back he'd have 240 volt for me, we laughed and he showed me the plug for his deep fryer, which amazingly WAS 240. 
I was NOT even thinking of charging on this trip really, just at my friends house so didn't bring my 'kit' just the plug head I knew fit mikes dryer outlet, but yah he would have let me park in  back and run a cord thru the door jam to charge.  which I thought was really cool.   
We goto hole in the wall bars, it's a thing we've been doing for years, we'll just ride out, him on bike, before I had mine id just go by car, or we'd take my boat up the creeks looking for places to moor and walk out to grab a drink etc.  Maps and google shit don't always show them because they don't / can't pay the huge $$ they want to advertise, but we manage to find them.

from there, we took off back home on the highway,  had about a 2 mile 'free spirited' run,  we were laughing, and then I turned off on my exit and he continued back home. when i got home I was at 24 percent and 202 miles. 

Can't complain, and honestly, all the gripe about e bikes and range.  If you are just out having fun, it's really NOT a problem!

Aaron

Ashveratu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2023, 03:01:29 AM »

I just road a non-stop 2.5 hours covering 125 miles on one charge with 20% battery remaining (all back roads averaging 45 mph). Not my longest day but definitely my longest stint on a single charge. Not something I want to repeat...I was very ready for a stop when I reached my destination.
2022 Energica Esseesse 9 RS Bormio Ice
2018 Tesla Model 3 Metallic Red wrap (Black) LR AWD

2020 Harley Livewire Fusion Yellow (traded in)
2014 Brammo Empulse in Yellow (Sold)
2013 Zero S 11.4 - Black (returned to Zero)

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2023, 10:05:10 PM »

Last weekend went out for a 156 mile total trip.  Some stop and go, stopped at a few places to visit a bit (no charging), highway speeds, city speeds, a few short sprints, all kinds and just about every type of driving.  When I got home the bike said it had 52 miles still left on the battery.  The final 5 to 7 miles was running about 45 to 50 MPH or so, so it might have biased it slightly higher.

So 208 real miles on a charge, in all kinds of driving, yah, I can do that.  Range worries, greatly alleviated.  Now if I can get my fingers to stop falling asleep on the throttle.  (I know, it's my gloves,waiting for a better pair to show up).

Range worries or not, Ice or Electric, after a hundred or so miles of riding, it's time for a stop and a stretch!!

Aaron

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2023, 08:41:45 PM »

I went to a Rally in Weaverville with a bunch of my friends over the weekend. Went up Friday, came back on Sunday with Saturday chilling, bench racing, and ogling everyone's motorcycles.

from my house in the East Bay to the hotel where the rally was it was 377 miles on one day, 430 on the other. They took 11 and 12 hours respectively.

2024 Energica Experia

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2023, 03:31:19 AM »

I did over 500 miles recently, did Scotlands NC500 in one day as a challenge.

That's awesome! What was the weather like for that ride? How long did it take, like how many charge stops?

2024 Energica Experia

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2023, 05:17:45 AM »

440 miles in 11.5hrs on a 13.4kWh Ego, but I've been meaning to try that same ride again on my new 21.5kWh Ribelle.  I think I can do it with only 3 stops.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2023, 05:30:14 AM »

That's one thing I want to try here, a longer run with a charge stop, just to see how long it takes to get from say 20 ish maybe 30 to 80 ish whatever.  I don't want to plan a trip stretching the battery too far down for risk of finding an OOC charger and now it's oh crap, where is home depot so I can sneak around back and 115 it for a few hours :D

When you do make your trips, obviously you plan them, about what interval do you generally look for chargers?  That is another thing I really need to do on my bike is get her on the highway and just run, see how far, realistically it's going to run on a charge at highway speeds, which me for is 70+ mph or so generally speaking. 

Aaron

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2023, 05:35:22 AM »

I find myself stopping every 100 miles pretty organically, so that's about the range I plan between charging stations.  That way you get there with 15-20% so you're not freaking out too much, and you can still unplug at 80-90%.
Pages: [1] 2