• September 22, 2024, 05:31:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Firmware version..??  (Read 630 times)

smithy

• View Profile
Firmware version..??
« on: July 19, 2023, 06:02:37 AM »

Hi All,

Just curious as to how we can see what version of the firmware/software we have installed in our bikes..?? Especially the Experia.

Anybody know where to look..?? My owners manual doesn't even mention it.

Cheers,
Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

jotjotde

• View Profile
Re: Firmware version..??
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 12:41:49 PM »

G'day mate  :D
On my Ribelle it's in the main menu you can only access when the bike is switched on but stationary. Access is by pressing the left hand front menu button to the right for 3 seconds or more.
There is a submenu 'Settings' and then you select 'About'.
I know from a test ride that the Experia menu can be quite different, but maybe this helps anyway. Good luck!

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 08:01:58 PM »

+1  ^^

The Energica's menu's can be a bit quirky to get it to come up, it likes to sometimes jump around or not immediately 'do' what you wanted it, its seems like it stores button presses and wants to jump past sometimes.

Turn on bike, have it sitting there, kickstand down, and play with the menu's and you should find it as jot instructed.  when you make changes always go back and make sure it was saved properly, and back out using the 'back' menu buttons when available to ensure it is saved properly.

Aaron

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 10:08:00 PM »

If you find the firmware version on the Experia, what do you use as a resource to know the most current firmware version or what the updates do?

Is there a user way to update or do you have to get a dealer to do it?
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 11:54:52 PM »

I don't see anywhere it being listed on my experia.  I did have the dealer record it, so I knew what it was at.  It ends in 42, which they say is the latest.

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2023, 01:08:34 AM »

I don't see anywhere it being listed on my experia.  I did have the dealer record it, so I knew what it was at.  It ends in 42, which they say is the latest.

Had mine updated a week or three back when I had "undefined fault" issues. But I don't know what the original firmware version was....I assume the new one is xxx.042. I plugged my old generic OBD-II reader into the Experia and it came up with the pic below.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2023, 11:44:18 AM »

Interesting, the latest version for the EVA models also ends with 042 (although the 042 was modified but did not get a new count).

@Motoproponent: Firmware upgrades can only be done by a dealer. They need a notebook with Energica's proprietary software and an internet connection. Takes about 30 minutes - first the logs of the bike are downloaded then the upgrade is uploaded.

most

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2023, 11:33:38 AM »

On the Experia, there was a Firmware update issued Jan/Feb. As my bike (VIN 048) was picked up by my dealer in Modena in early Feb 2023, he made the delivery inspection and installed a *just* newly issued SW. Before that version, it was possible to get to a hidden service screen with a totally non-intuitive key sequence. With that firmware it either did not work any longer - or he reconsidered and simply did not want me to know how.
Anyways, on the Energica the FW version does not show, nowhere, nil, nada.

And I’m bugging him every time we speak to check if there’s any update as it seems buggy on quite some areas .
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:
Pages: [1]