• October 01, 2024, 11:04:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: power tank on fxe  (Read 617 times)

Francois

• View Profile
power tank on fxe
« on: July 05, 2023, 03:33:54 PM »

hello everybody, i am owner off a fxe, very happy with it, but i would like have un smal additional range, do someone hade never try to had a power tank on a fxe?
why can we add a 3.6 power tank on the actual 7.2 battery that will be 10,8kwh that perfect

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: power tank on fxe
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 06:38:52 PM »

Were would you put it

Francois

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 07:43:57 PM »

it is true you have to mouve some element, maybe mouving the controleur, put the additioal batterry, and put the controleur ander the site like de drs

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 08:33:46 PM »

*sigh*

No. The frame is entirely different. There is no, "move some element" in this. You're looking to add a large 40lb brick onto the bike. It must be inside the frame for safety reasons and there is *just nowhere to do that*. There is no room. Everyone else recognized this 10 years ago which is why it hasn't been done.

Francois

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 03:34:57 PM »

it is a 1/2 brick to add i think it is possible, but the main probleme for me is : do the BMS support 3 brick power
FX = 1 or 2 brick power
FXE = 2 brick power
S and DS = 4 brick power
S with power tank = 5 brick power

can we do a fxe with power tank = 3 brick power?

Francois

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 03:41:56 PM »

like this

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023, 05:45:44 PM »

Sure there's technically space for it, an S/DS manages to fit 14.4kW/h in roughly the same amount of space (the frames may be slightly longer, I don't know for sure), but by that point you're looking at modifying the frame (cutting and welding) and also custom wiring to relocate the charger that is in that spot. If you had that ability I imagine you probably wouldn't be asking here, you'd have the bike partly disassembled and be doing measurements and mock-ups. If you really want the extra range then sell the FXE and buy an S/DS, either a 14.4 or a 7.2 with a power tank. As a bonus you'd get a little storage compartment and faster charging.

Francois

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2023, 06:32:17 PM »

i like the light weight off the fxe and the position
14.4 is to much et 7.2 is not enough 10.8 will be perfect for my nead

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2023, 07:08:03 PM »

Then a custom frame it is. Electrical wise I think it would probably work as each battery has its own BMS. I think the software is going to give you issues though as the bike likes to be able to communicate with all of the main components and you're trying to make a configuration that has never existed. You'd probably need to make it think it was a 7.2 S/DS with a power tank, and if that level of reprogramming isn't possible then maybe it's going to mean a MBB swap.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2023, 10:19:52 PM »

Ah yes. Hack into the already known-to-be-problematic FX frame to weaken it and add 40lbs. Change out your wiring harness and re-route everything so you have an S or DS harness that will accept the additional battery module. Put the controller under the seat where there literally isn't room for it to exist. Route new wiring or bus bars from the motor phase leads which can't reach the new controller location. Shove the MBB *somewhere*. This is gonna be lit.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2023, 02:47:09 AM »

It might be self lighting,  please share the vids.
Aaron
Pages: [1]