• October 01, 2024, 04:11:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Scheduled Charging Should not Stop an Ongoing Charging  (Read 393 times)

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile
Scheduled Charging Should not Stop an Ongoing Charging
« on: June 28, 2023, 12:34:23 PM »

Yesterday, and several other times in the past months and years. While on tour I plugged my bike to charge shortly before 18:00, witnessed how the charging begins, and then went away for a walk, a drink and snack, knowing that it will be back to full 30 minutes later when I return.

Well, again it didn’t. The darned thing stopped charging at exactly 18:00. On this charging station I had a fat base fee which ended up being the bulk of the final cost.

In my opinion this makes no sense. In such a situation the charging should continue no matter what I have configured in the scheduled charging. I cannot think of any reason what this should be otherwise.

My suggestions for Zero:
  • An ongoing charging should not be affected by the scheduled charging feature. It should finish to whatever charging limit was set.
  • Should the battery be below 30% while plugged in the "Plug-in Window", then it must begin charging immediately, once it reaches 30% then the charging can stop, and the scheduled charging takes precedence.
  • Ready time (RT). An option to program a time when I want my bike to be charged at 100% (or configured SoC limit). The scheduled charging would bring it to 80/70% and those last 20/30% would be finished just before RT (I heard Apple does a similar thing on their iPhones).

What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 05:20:00 PM by Zelidar »
- Zero SR/F Premium (since 22.11.2019)
- (2007-2019 nothing and no car since 2017)
- Yamaha FJ1200 (2nd), FJ1200 (1st)
- Honda CBF 750, NX 650, MTX 125
Pages: [1]