• October 01, 2024, 03:19:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GPS Type/Mounting on Experia  (Read 1732 times)

Commodore

• View Profile
Re: GPS Type/Mounting on Experia
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2023, 11:28:01 PM »

I put the bandsaw and drill press to work, and fabricated my own mount out of some 1/2" billet I had laying around, based on Most's amazon link.  Some longer allen head bolts were all else that was needed.  Nuts and washers were what came with the Garmin kit.  For now, I'm simply using the USB takeoff right on the dash.

I find this a very clean and stable solution, eliminating goosenecks, etc.  The Energica GPS mount is in the high position, which does limit the windshield to the highest and mid positions.  But from my seating position, I get full view of the dashboard.

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2023, 01:54:53 AM »

I did this with $20 worth of hardware and a phone belt holster.

"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2023, 10:16:09 PM »

That looks nice commodore, and it doesn't intefere with your vision much?

Aaron

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2023, 10:48:03 AM »

Y'all have the classic GPS while I love my Beeline moto! I used it on the whole trip to Vancouver and back and it served me well!
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS[LL]
2015 Yamaha FZ-07[TOTALED]

Commodore

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2023, 08:35:07 AM »

Specter, no problem with my height.  Although not that happy with the GPS, as it, as does a IPhone, gets overheated in even indirect sunlight.  So at the critical point of my 160-mile journey, when I was in an urban environment close to my destination, the screen went dark (to 20% brightness), which forced me to pullover multiple times to take a close look (without helmet nor glasses) to see where I was supposed to go.  PITA.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2023, 09:12:08 AM »

Oh I hate that.  You can set your phone to not do the auto brightness thing, but if it's overheating then the dark can also be the lcd getting too hot as well or the phone going into some sort of super low power stupid mode to try to cool off.

For the GPS, I used to have that problem with my boat GPS, Garmin had heat issues for a LONG time, not sure if they ever corrected them or not, BUT.. in the settings you can set it to show / do 2D instead of 3D on the graphics, which would significantly reduce the cpu use and help keep it cooler.  Id imagine if you have a setting like that, it could help a lot.  Also settings like turn off surrounding terrain etc, as in, do I really need to see the 'wavy grass icons' all lined up on the side of the road to know it's grass?  type thing.

Aaron
Pages: 1 [2]