• September 22, 2024, 08:32:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Trade in and Trade up  (Read 466 times)

Pard

• View Profile
Trade in and Trade up
« on: June 01, 2023, 08:46:56 PM »

Sklith

• View Profile
Re: Trade in and Trade up
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 10:30:52 PM »

You can request the promotion after 1 year and 1 day, up until the 14th month from the registration date of your new Energica

Sadly this won't apply to a lot of us. Also, why doesn't the Ego qualify?
2020 Energia Ego

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 10:34:14 PM »

Must be in perfect condition.  So the slightest scuff or rub and it's bets off.  Unless you drop a few K on a new fairing etc??

Something about this sounds a bit.. off to me.  Why are they so anxious to buy back the old years models?  What's so super about the 24's coming out?

Energica a bit more info please?

Where do you stand in filling all the BACKORDERS of all your other bikes?  Id much rather see you fill your current customers orders, instead of trying to entice recircs here.  Are you in a cash crunch, what's the deal here?

The wording is kind of odd.  Are you saying that if we HAVE a Ribelle or Esse you'll give us this deal or the deal only counts if we BUY one of those?
Aaron
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 10:52:07 PM by Specter »

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 03:12:23 AM »

Must be in perfect condition.  So the slightest scuff or rub and it's bets off.  Unless you drop a few K on a new fairing etc??

Something about this sounds a bit.. off to me.  Why are they so anxious to buy back the old years models?  What's so super about the 24's coming out?

Energica a bit more info please?

Where do you stand in filling all the BACKORDERS of all your other bikes?  Id much rather see you fill your current customers orders, instead of trying to entice recircs here.  Are you in a cash crunch, what's the deal here?

The wording is kind of odd.  Are you saying that if we HAVE a Ribelle or Esse you'll give us this deal or the deal only counts if we BUY one of those?
Aaron

Also mentions your old bike must comply with all "service interventions". This is near impossible for owners who are 100's or 1000's of km away from their nearest dealer.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 12:09:00 PM »

At least according to European law, the maintenance can be done by any certified shop, it does not have to be an Energica dealer/shop.

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2023, 12:59:04 PM »

At least according to European law, the maintenance can be done by any certified shop, it does not have to be an Energica dealer/shop.

Same here in Aus....but most normal motorcycle dealers won't touch electric machines for fear of the unknown.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2023, 06:29:01 PM »

If it's just general stuff, like check fluids, tighten chains, Id think you could do it yourself, just keep receipts where you bought the fluids and gunks to show you did it and mark it in your ledger  That should count.

Aaron

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2023, 12:20:46 AM »

As it was mentioned in the facebook group, this is probably because they are all about the Experia right now. No one is really buying the Ribelle and SS9 as we are all waiting for the latest and greatest.

I view it as a proactive attempt to stop the bleeding that will happen in 2024 when they still have an inventory of 2022/2023 Ribelle and SS9 that they will have to slash the price to move. Especially if they plan to add another model to the lineup based on the Experia platform.

If they move some units now, by assuring potential buyers they will get 90 cents on the dollar in a year, the loss it is easier to plan for than waiting to see what the market will bear for the old tech when the new stuff is out there at the same time.

Plus I'm sure there is some way to put the "overvalue" trade ins into a loss column for tax deduction purposes or something similar.

"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2023, 01:04:38 AM »

USA even better. Do it all yourself, as I do. I just now got done doing such with my Experia. Mainly consists of adjusting the drive chain and changing the 50 ML of 80W50 gear oil. And checking the coolant level.

But no way that I know of to get rid of the service indicator. But that doesn't bother me. I also have it on my Moto Guzzi.

-Don-  Reno, NV

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X