• September 30, 2024, 06:13:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Aftermarket rearset for rear brake assembly  (Read 1566 times)

whome?

• View Profile
Aftermarket rearset for rear brake assembly
« on: May 19, 2023, 11:49:52 PM »

hello !!
does anyone know of compatible aftermarket rearsets? looking to change my 23 ribelle rearsets for something adjustable. also, does anyone know of comparable ICE bikes that I can use to look for parts for this task?
thanks
 :P

thinkrevolutionx

• View Profile
Re: Aftermarket rearset for rear brake assembly
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2024, 12:05:19 AM »

bumpppp, wondering the same thing

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2024, 11:36:56 AM »

Can anyone explain to a non-native speaker what a rearset means?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 11:39:56 AM by jotjotde »

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2024, 02:49:36 PM »

Something like this.  Footrests and levers for the foot controls.  Rear Sets.  I would take measurements and contact a manufacturer that makes rearsets for Ducat and Aprilia.  I would bet one of their bikes those are compatible.

https://woodcraft-cfm.com/products/05-0655b-ducati-panigale-v4-rearset-kit

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2024, 04:19:52 PM »

@Pard, thx for enlightening me  :D

If memory serves me well, the footrests of the EGO are adjustable and most probably could be mounted to a Ribelle. Surely Aaron can confirm.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2024, 07:36:48 PM »

Doesn't all the hardware for brakes come from the manufacturer as well, in this case Brembo?
Looking at the Ribelle and the EGO, they are pretty close to each other, and remind you, the EGO is a race bike, not the street version so it has slightly beefier parts to it, but Id believe the two have identical parts otherwise for street bikes.

I am not seeing where they really are adjustable very much, then again maybe im missing something very obvious.

One thing I DID notice, and im fairly certain it was NOT caused from one of my tipovers, since i don't see signs of stress or damage around it, is the rear brake level is curved inwards towards the frame a bit, which I actually like !!  Id assume that's giving clearance room for lean angle on a track?  Maybe this could help you?

Might want to check with Braketech as well, they make brakes for the EGO / Ribelle family also.

Aaron

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2024, 07:48:53 PM »

The rearsets are not made by Brembo, only the rear master cylinder.  The rearsets are manufactured for Energica specifically, but the attachment points might have the same dimensions as other italian sportbike manufacturers, which would make the search for aftermarket rearset options easier.

In any case, one could adapt most any rearset to fit most any bike with some adapters for placement.

I would look into something like this and see what it would take to get it mounted.

https://www.af1racing.com/giamotospgrey-rfr-ss-epc-fold-giamoto-2017-2020-superpole-rearsets-grey

This is actually an example of where a ICE sportbike/naked bike dealer could be very helpful since they stock loads of rearset options for the bikes they sell, and could help find a good match.

Give AF1 a call.  I bet they know a good aftermarket rearset solution for the bike.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 08:44:49 PM by Pard »

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2024, 11:50:04 AM »

Doesn't all the hardware for brakes come from the manufacturer as well, in this case Brembo?
Looking at the Ribelle and the EGO, they are pretty close to each other, and remind you, the EGO is a race bike, not the street version so it has slightly beefier parts to it, but Id believe the two have identical parts otherwise for street bikes.

I am not seeing where they really are adjustable very much, then again maybe im missing something very obvious.

One thing I DID notice, and im fairly certain it was NOT caused from one of my tipovers, since i don't see signs of stress or damage around it, is the rear brake level is curved inwards towards the frame a bit, which I actually like !!  Id assume that's giving clearance room for lean angle on a track?  Maybe this could help you?

Might want to check with Braketech as well, they make brakes for the EGO / Ribelle family also.

Aaron

Sorry, apparently I was on the wrong path!
I saw that the EVA's of 2018 had the option of adjustable foot pegs and maybe automatically assumed that the EGO would have that as well, being sold as a racetool. FYI I attached an screenshot of the 2018 manual.

In my (still unfruitful) search for an OEM rear brake disc I saw that Brembo offers brake upgrades for Energica now if someone is interested.
https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue-bike/energica-ego/20668
« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 12:48:27 PM by jotjotde »

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2024, 08:38:34 PM »

Again, braketech sells all sorts of stuff for Energica, and they have race tested their brake rotors.
Might be a tad more expensive but  trust me, once you try racing brakes over what comes stock on your street bike, you'll be asking WHY haven't I had this all along.  Yes they ARE that amazingly better IMO.

https://braketech.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/BT-Energica-Apps-8-23-3.pdf

Aaron

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2024, 09:05:01 PM »

Nice!  Did not know BrakeTech made stuff for Energica.

I run their front rotor on my 400.

Proper pads make more of a difference than the rotor, but they sure are beautiful!

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2024, 10:34:04 PM »

Im looking to possibly make both bikes the same with one of their setups.  The rotor one is like 6 mm smaller than the other, but at 300 mm, that bit is negligible, you won't really notice it.  yes you'll have to put the proper spacer in but you really won't see the difference in performance.

I really love the brakes on the racer .vs. the street bike.  The stopping, it's just another world, I really should get my camera shit together and make some sort of video to demonstrate it.  It's like the diff of acceleration between and ice and an electric... the braking between normal .vs. racing brakes.  But MAN I gotta be careful... running the track and being RIGHT next to someone, well on the street, that can spook some people, and coming up to someone at 3 digits, and feeling that your brakes are NOT your stop right fkn now racing bike brakes, umm, yah, EEEaaaSSSYYyy Aaron...  I honest to god really try to behave on the road, but sometimes people are just being morons, and those tend to cluster, and it's like, man I gotta get around these a holes before one of them hurts me.   Love the 'lecric !!

With that though, even driving very conservatively, being wilbur milquetoast,you will still get the fktard who will want to merge into your lane with you still there,  want to pull in front of you and STOP !! etc etc.   Good Brakes can save your life.  Trust me, having to contemplate, 'ok where do I want to hit him at at to minimize my injuries', is NOT a place you want to be!

Also, being able to swap parts between bikes, totally awesome, the money saved NOT having to have two sets of spare stuffs, is worth it.

Aaron

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2024, 12:08:43 AM »

Check the rearsets and rotors on the Hooligan Bike.

toothless

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2024, 10:37:51 AM »

Looks like the old adjustable ego rearsets?

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2024, 01:01:43 PM »

Looks like the old adjustable ego rearsets?

The rotors used on the bike are custom Brembo T drive 336mm units. They are also much thicker than standard road focused rotors 7mm vs 4.5mm to better cope with the high temps. They are paired with Brembo GP4-MS wide band calipers running Z04 race pads.

The Hooligan EVA runs standard EGO rear sets with 2 changes: larger boot guards and solid foot pegs. The larger guards were a rider preference, the pegs allow use of jack stands to facilitate shock removal.

does anyone know of compatible aftermarket rearsets? looking to change my 23 ribelle rearsets for something adjustable. also, does anyone know of comparable ICE bikes that I can use to look for parts for this task?

The EVA, EsseEsse9 and EGO rearsets are interchangeable. The peg position of the EsseEsse9 is ~1.5" lower and 1.5" further forward vs those found on the EVA. The EGO is fitted with rearsets that provide multiple mounting points for the pegs, 9 positions in total providing ~1" of adjustment, in the lowest setting they are 1' higher and 1" further back vs the EVA.

Most factory and aftermarket rearsets are bike specific, there is little information on bolt spacing. You would need to find another bike that shared the same spacing and provided a mounting point for the Brembo PS13 master cylinder. The Aprilia RSV4 uses the same master cylinder but I am unsure if the mounting points on the frame at the same.

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2024, 08:12:51 AM »

Thank you @Demoni  .  Always enlightening!
Pages: [1] 2