• September 30, 2024, 12:18:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2022 SR Center Stand Installation  (Read 502 times)

theoutsider

• View Profile
2022 SR Center Stand Installation
« on: May 11, 2023, 02:30:59 AM »

Has anyone installed the Zero Center Stand on an SR/F or 2022 SR? The instructions say that you need to hoist the whole bike up in the air to do the install. Just wondering if this is really necessary?

It seems like you'd be able to install it while it's on the side stand...
2022 Zero SR

LeverCommaJohn

• View Profile
Re: 2022 SR Center Stand Installation
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 03:01:32 AM »

I installed a center stand on my SR/S while the bike was resting on the side stand. There is no mechanical reason why the bike needs to be hoisted up. It's probably a safety CYA reason.

theoutsider

• View Profile
Re: 2022 SR Center Stand Installation
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 04:31:00 AM »

Indeed, the bike does not have to be hoisted in the air to install the center stand! ;D

Just a note on the installation, there are 2 hard parts to getting the stand on:

1. When fitting the actual stand to the mounting brackets on the bike, it helps if you loosen one side of the bracket, slide the stand on the brackets and then retighten. The tolerances are very tight and you won't be able to slide the stand between the brackets if both are already on tight.
2. Attaching the spring is challenging. It would be easiest if you have one person stretch the spring using a Robogrip tool and a second person to put the screw into the mounting point on the bracket. I was able to do it solo, but it took a few tries.

Overall, it was a pretty easy install for someone who isn't great with tools  8)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 09:51:54 PM by theoutsider »
2022 Zero SR
Pages: [1]