• September 30, 2024, 04:27:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: AeroMotoEnergica  (Read 951 times)

Commodore

• View Profile
AeroMotoEnergica
« on: March 18, 2023, 08:42:30 AM »

PWM

• View Profile
Re: AeroMotoEnergica
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 08:52:02 AM »

The irony...in a few years...BMW started w/ airplanes now makes motorbikes...Energica started w/ motorbikes and now makes airplanes.

Seems like a good fit, short-hop electric flight industry is evolving quickly.
BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 03:38:26 PM »

If Energica's business model is the production of electric toys for rich people's amusement these thingies are surely a step in the right direction.
Presumably we will hear of an electric speed boat in the near future.  8)

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 09:56:52 AM »

If the rich want to buy their toys LET THEM.  The money then spent in R and D, lets us commoners get stuff more affordable eventually!

but on that, with drone use picking up, this could be a boon for them!  let's say Amazon warehouse A and B, or factory A and B need to transfer goods frequently.  ONE part, ONE trip, known location, known distance. bla bla.  Electric plane, pretty much plug and play once you got the logistics programmed in,  load send, unload / reload /send. repeat.  Run 5 x then recharge for an hour or two.  This absolutely could work well.

Boats??  !!

As someone who does commercial fishing as well,
Id LOVE to see an electric boat, but that's a brutal drive train .vs. capacity there!  Water, especially salt water environment, I see as a huge hurdle that will be a plague on that overall.  Not to mention, a car /a truck / a motor cycle is one thing.. so is an airplane really, but a boat in rough water can beat the living shit out of you !!  That's going to be rough on those batteries physically too!  Id be happy to volunteer to test a few of their prototypes out for them.

Who want's to go fishing with me to try this new boat out?  :D

Aaron

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 12:27:27 PM »

The use of 'toy' as a description was intentionally  ;D   
So I doubt that anything really useful will come up besides something you impress your friends with in good weather conditions.

With regard to flying, I do not see that coming up in urban settings. Or should I rather say I do not want to see that.
Life in large cities is already dangerous enough, getting the traffic into the third dimension is not a good idea from a safety point of view.
But that is my European thinking, having grown up and living in densly populated areas.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 07:54:09 PM »

If the rich want to buy their toys LET THEM.  The money then spent in R and D, lets us commoners get stuff more affordable eventually!

but on that, with drone use picking up, this could be a boon for them!  let's say Amazon warehouse A and B, or factory A and B need to transfer goods frequently.  ONE part, ONE trip, known location, known distance. bla bla.  Electric plane, pretty much plug and play once you got the logistics programmed in,  load send, unload / reload /send. repeat.  Run 5 x then recharge for an hour or two.  This absolutely could work well.

Boats??  !!

As someone who does commercial fishing as well,
Id LOVE to see an electric boat, but that's a brutal drive train .vs. capacity there!  Water, especially salt water environment, I see as a huge hurdle that will be a plague on that overall.  Not to mention, a car /a truck / a motor cycle is one thing.. so is an airplane really, but a boat in rough water can beat the living shit out of you !!  That's going to be rough on those batteries physically too!  Id be happy to volunteer to test a few of their prototypes out for them.

Who want's to go fishing with me to try this new boat out?  :D

Aaron

An article in my newspaper last month (I think I posted it in the General Discussion section) said that an electric ferry boat was being developed for commercial commuter use on the San Francisco Bay.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Starpower

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 10:53:01 PM »

Electric boats of all types already exist. Numerous co's are also making elec. outboard motors. At this stage pretty much any type of transportation has an electric option. Planes, drones, jet ski's, snowmobiles, surfboards, kayaks, skateboards, skates et al. The EV dirt bikes are doing very well and those batteries take a far greater beating than any boat will.

https://robbreport.com/motors/marine/gallery/10-electric-powered-boats-1234668640/5-navier-foiling-daylight-1/
'13 Zero S 12.5 100% Solar charged, '14 BMW S1000R, '23 Admit Jet Armor, '21 Ninja 400, '21 WR250R

heroto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2023, 06:00:31 AM »

electric boat company that's been around for a long long time:

https://www.gdeb.com/

Commodore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2023, 06:56:02 AM »

And let's not forget the grand daddy of them all, ELCO.  https://www.elcomotoryachts.com/our-story/
Pages: [1]