• September 23, 2024, 12:32:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Daytona Super Hooligan  (Read 894 times)

wadejesu

• View Profile
Daytona Super Hooligan
« on: March 11, 2023, 02:23:56 AM »

Stefano came in 7th out of 28 , next race 03-11 10am EST

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Daytona Super Hooligan
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 03:57:03 AM »

Are these races open to the public like if I showed up tomorrow I could get a ticket there or not?

Aaron

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 06:45:26 PM »

Forum member Steven Day aka Zero Fun aka Electric Cannonball record holder, is down there and putting out some very nice high quality videos of the event with some highlighted interviews with team members.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4pFR0p6mjsicb1tT319lCw

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 10:15:58 PM »

this looks like something i definitely should look into for next year!
maybe by then there''ll be a few more in Jax with e bikes and we can go as a group or something.

Aaron.

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 11:01:51 PM »

Hope I don't get a speeding tkt  this weekend

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2023, 11:57:52 PM »

I wonder if Stefano was running an EGO if he'd be placing higher.  that top end capped at a buck 25 can shave a lead off after a while.

Aaron

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 12:16:05 AM »

I wonder if Stefano was running an EGO if he'd be placing higher.  that top end capped at a buck 25 can shave a lead off after a while.

Aaron

I thought I saw in Practice where the Energica was hitting 167. I’m pretty sure in race trim they remove the limiter.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

SBK74

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2023, 01:12:13 AM »

Looking at the bike, Stefano is not running a showroom stock bike 😉
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 01:14:05 AM by SBK74 »
2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2023, 01:34:06 AM »

Looking at the bike, Stefano is not running a showroom stock bike 😉

Yah right?
If it was like the showroom bike when I went in for my first test ride of the bike, they would have given it to him with 21 percent charge on it and said, it should bring you back here.

Im sure it's tricked out and tinkered with to make it WIN !  I wonder though if you just pulled all the plugs, and said, let this bitch burn. and romped it... what it's top end could be?  Granted prolonged riding with high KW is going to heat stuff up but what if you took the bike fully charged, and just hit it and said go go GO, keep going....

Aaron

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2023, 07:57:36 PM »

Awesome that someone is really competing ICEs with a Ribelle!

I think with a EGO he would be a bit faster, but that depends on the track layout. If there are few straights where you can tuck behind the shield, then the difference will not be that much.

About the heat management of the Ribelle I can say from my last year's experience going between 130 and 160 km/h at 30 degC ambient, the battery indicator gets yellow very quick. Drove about 40 km in that style until my home exit, I do not know if a stable temperature was reached or if the indicator would have gone red a few moments later.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2023, 09:40:23 PM »

I'll have to check mine when our weather gets a tad warmer.  I know I romped it for oh god, .. 14 miles or so, and when I pulled off, about a minute later, battery / motor, everything was just a bit warm, there really did not seem to be any heat issue at all.  I mean I could hold my hand on it comfortably.  I was really surprised at that TBH, granted I was not climbing mountains or anything, but doing over 100 mph for 8 to 10 minutes straight, Id have thought it'd be pretty toasty at that point.  I like the screen that shows KW being used and torque.  The line graph is nice but it's so small that's NOT something you want to be / or really CAN stare at when you are hauling.  i wish they could make it a bit bigger somehow.  I was going a bit faster than you but only for about half the distance.  I think with water cooling, and that radiator up front, it's going to keep the temps pretty low for you.  You'd probably have to fast charge it them romp on it to get it into the red, or be playing in one of our 95 degree Florida days on the pavement where it's 115 degrees with the sun reflecting off the stuff.  In a few months hopefully I will be able to get some real time 'stuff' to report back on. 

But yes, seeing the Ribelle, ie the 'normal' bike racing is really cool, knowing that YOUR bike, not the 'racer X' bike they made but the 'normal people' bike can compete hard in a race is pretty awesome.

Given the Ego and Ribelle are essentially the same bike, with the seating arrangement slightly different, I'd LOVE to see them eventually open up the RIbelle to 150 at some point.  Given how mine just climbed up there to 125 and in the last 2 mph just kind of 'tickled it' like it was being held back, makes me think the Ribelle could easily do this if given the permissions :D  Lean my fat ass behind the wind screen and take those huge bags off and it'd be a piece of cake I bet !  ;D

Aaron

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2023, 07:32:20 AM »

You guys can just look at the race stats if you want; they make all the data public.

http://www.motoamericaregistration.com/2016-results/#

Stefano was clocked at 161.4 mph on Thursday's practice run.

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 12:59:25 PM »

Stefano was clocked at 161.4 mph on Thursday's practice run.

:o :o :o
That's nearly 260 km/h!

OK, obviously they were able to tinker with the bike's software.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 02:59:04 PM »

It's my understanding they flew some of the Energica Moto-E techs out from Italy to assist.
Pages: [1] 2