• September 22, 2024, 10:22:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Energica Experia aftermarket accessories  (Read 1866 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Energica Experia aftermarket accessories
« on: February 24, 2023, 10:38:11 PM »

The aftermarket is already selling parts for the Energica Experia: https://machineartmoto.com/products/advance-guard-energica-experia-kit-3-ee
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Energica Experia aftermarket accessories
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 10:56:50 PM »

The aftermarket is already selling parts for the Energica Experia: https://machineartmoto.com/products/advance-guard-energica-experia-kit-3-ee
Glad to see that. But I cannot figure out what handguards do. I have them on my Kawasaki Verseys.  On a cold day, my hands will freeze on it as fast as a bike without them.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 02:54:30 AM »

Rick Flashman has a set of these fitted to his bike, l believe he used the Aprillia items and a longer bar end bolt, but they fitted fine.
I've ordered a set also, should arrive here in Aus next week.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

most

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 11:59:45 AM »

On a cold day, my hands will freeze on it as fast as a bike without them.

There are folks that praise hand guards during cold temps but also people like you Don saying there is no difference.
I also strongly believe that handguards will not prevent cold fingers/hands at all - but I have no robust evidence. If you want to keep something warm (or cold) you have to establish a layer of insulating air. Gloves do the trick - most winter gloves have an air tight layer  inside just underneath the top surface.
Handguards do not do this. They might prevent the direct blast, but there‘s so much turbulence behind that any thin layer of warmer air will be dissipated in not time.
I do have the fantasy that without guards, the direct air stream might be more intensive thus cooling down the gaps between the fingers a bit more „effectively“. You might even be able to measure a very subtle but steeper heat gradient on your hand surface in some areas - but in real life your hands will get cold with our without in about the same amount of time.

Only motorcycle muffs will help preventing this as there is almost zero air movement around the gloves and this helps for sure! If it‘s really cold, put your hands (with gloves on :D) in air-tight plastic bags! You‘ll be surprised how much that helps!

Positive aspects:
In rain, guards will keep the glove dry for a few minutes longer (maybe 15mins?!?) PLUS guards prevent insects from directly flying up your sleeves.
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 12:51:13 PM »

Wearing gloves with the proper insulation for conditions will do a hell of a better job at keep your hands. That said guards do deflect some air around the bars, if you have heated grips this can help them maintain a higher temperature.

On dirt bikes hand guards are there to protect: your hands, clutch and brake levers getting hit by: bushes, tree limbs and rocks kicked up by other bikes.
Riding on the street you (hopefully) do not encounter bushes but getting smacked in the knuckles by a small rock kicked up by another vehicle is no fun.
Also depending on the design of the guards they can be a life saver. I got clipped by a pickup truck several years ago when riding my F800GS. His side view mirror made contact with the bikes handlebar on the right side.
Thankfully I had these super beefy guards installed. Without them the impact would have probably locked up my front brake and done some damage to my hand. Instead it removed his mirror and I stayed rubber side down.

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2023, 03:21:19 AM »

Glad to see that. But I cannot figure out what handguards do. I have them on my Kawasaki Verseys.  On a cold day, my hands will freeze on it as fast as a bike without them.

-Don-  Reno, NV
Does it really? I've been looking into handguards for a while now since the heated grips only keep the inside of my hand warm up to about freezing and the outside stays good up to about 10c. Due to most of my riding at highway speeds, I see the wind as the greatest factor. During the colder months, I always have a beefy set of gloves on but I would hope the handguards would at least help.
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS[LL]
2015 Yamaha FZ-07[TOTALED]

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2023, 03:52:26 AM »

Does it really? I've been looking into handguards for a while now since the heated grips only keep the inside of my hand warm up to about freezing and the outside stays good up to about 10c. Due to most of my riding at highway speeds, I see the wind as the greatest factor. During the colder months, I always have a beefy set of gloves on but I would hope the handguards would at least help.
I can remember riding that bike with very thick winter gloves and my hands were freezing cold and that was when I decided those hand guards do not do much.

If you want warm hands, that will be the highest setting on my Harley of the six. You will have no doubts it is on and it has no hand guards. Almost too hot. I also have heated grips on my TTSE, they also work well, but nothing like the Harley. My Moto Guzzi Stelvio also has both, heated grips and large hand guards. The Harley is best, by far of all my bikes for keeping hands warm and it has no hand guards.

Now that I have said that, I will NOT make the claim that the hand guards do not help at all, but I cannot tell the advantage, if there is any, when it comes to keeping hands warm.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2023, 04:05:42 AM »

I have hand guards on three of my motorcycles. I would estimate that they add about 5 degrees of warmth to the wind chill on my hands.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2023, 04:17:04 AM »

I have hand guards on three of my motorcycles. I would estimate that they add about 5 degrees of warmth to the wind chill on my hands.
Yeah, but where you live, you don't have a clue what cold is!  When it is below freezing as when you need to be able to at least tell the difference.

There will be no riding around here for a while. The snow is deep on top of this 5K' hill.

-Don- Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2023, 10:14:19 PM »

-Don-  Reno, NV

I think basically they are there in front of the brake pedal so if say you are racing and somehow tap the guy next to you or get your arms flailing, or something, you don't accidentally tap the brake cause an issue.  Another thing i see is, if you happen to tip the bike, it may hopefully land on that first, and possibly buffer tearing up your brake handle, breaking the end off it etc from the fall.

Aaron

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2023, 10:19:04 PM »

Another thing, sounds goofy but it works. just put latex gloves on under your regular gloves and that will help a LOT keeping your hands warm.  If not latex, some other rubber.  They wont breathe and you may sweat a bit but they do work.
Another thing if you can find them, we have full body tyvek suits we wear when working around the concentrated H2SO4 tanks and pumps etc.  They have tyvek gloves which are VERY good at keeping you very warm too.

I have bees, and when I know I am going to be doing something that is most definitely going to piss them off.  I'll put the tyvek  suit on under my bee shroud to keep the sneaky little s41ts out of my socks, ankles and between the toes or anywhere else they can sneak in!  The suit keeps you VERY warm and is really like a thin paper sort of.  They are reusable and only cost like 8 or 9 dollars I think.

Aaron
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 10:02:04 AM by Specter »

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2023, 11:56:07 PM »

Another thing, sounds goofy but it works. just put latex gloves on under your regular gloves and that will help a LOT keeping your hands warm.  If not latex, some other rubber.  They wont breathe and you may sweat a bit but they do work.
Another thing if you can find them, we have full body tyvek suits we wear when working around the concentrated H2SO4 tanks and pumps etc.  They have tyvek gloves which are VERY good at keeping you very warm too.

I have bees, and when I know I am going to be doing something that is most definitely going to piss them off.  I'll put the tyvek  suit on under my bee shroud to keep the sneaky little s41ts out of my socks, ankles and between the toes or anywhere else they can sneak in!  The suit keeps you VERY arm and is really like a thin paper sort of.  They are reusable and only cost like 8 or 9 dollars I think.

Aaron
Wow, that's great to consider, thanks!
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]

SHAG

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2023, 08:22:39 AM »

I have been using these to keep my hands warmer and the rain off. They work on most bikes with hand guards. Can switch from one bike to another in a minute !
https://obradvgear.com/enduro-grip-mitt/
2022 FXE
BMW F750-GS
Yamaha X-Max
Lectric XP 2.0

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2023, 09:29:48 AM »

I have been using these to keep my hands warmer and the rain off. They work on most bikes with hand guards. Can switch from one bike to another in a minute !
https://obradvgear.com/enduro-grip-mitt/
That totally slipped my mind! You still need hand guards to fit these or mitts like these.
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]

SHAG

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2023, 09:12:10 AM »

I have these on my FXE.

https://barkbusters.net/products/bbz/
Single Point Mount products are not designed for impact protection. If impact protection is required, choose from our TWO POINT MOUNT options.
2022 FXE
BMW F750-GS
Yamaha X-Max
Lectric XP 2.0
Pages: [1] 2