• September 30, 2024, 10:30:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Experia 1000km/600mile service indicator light.  (Read 3551 times)

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Experia 1000km/600mile service indicator light.
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2023, 06:56:55 PM »

I look at that little wrench as more of a safety reminder.
Make sure you do your service on the bike before you ride it.
Walk around, shake it, make sure everything is tight, not drippy, slippy, or lippy.
Check the brakes, give it the shakes, and check tire pressure.

Your pre ride maintenance reminder...

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2024, 01:06:56 AM »

Given how much time has passed, I suspect many are finished with their first service. Care to share how much you paid total and why? The owners manual says there are around 28 tasks.

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2024, 10:47:55 AM »

Given how much time has passed, I suspect many are finished with their first service. Care to share how much you paid total and why? The owners manual says there are around 28 tasks.

I've not paid for a service of any kind on any of my bikes....I refuse to pay someone to do something I can easily do myself, No special tools are required on the Experia. Most of those 28 "tasks" are just checking things, like brake fluid, coolant level, chain adjustment etc. The actual oil change is a doddle and takes no more than 5 mins to do, no filters on the Experia either....50ml of oil doesn't take long to drain or refill.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2024, 06:03:12 PM »

I have a Ribelle and a EGO.  Not sure that schedule applies to the EGO and I basically check all that every time I take it out to the track regardless.  What I am going to say would apply to ALL of their bikes to be honest.

I DID have the Ribelle serviced ONCE.  Brand new to bikes basically, want my sweetie to last a lifetime so absolutely wanted to be sure everything was done CORRECTLY.  (Little did I know the dealer by me is a goat fuck, but I digress), I also had a warranty issue that needed to be taken care of as well, so decided, let them do it all since it's there, just get it all done so I know the bike is totally back to 100 percent before I make the 180 mile ride again to the dealer.  I figured since they had it on the rack anyways, and taken apart - ish, maybe Id catch a bit of a break on the price.

Anyways, I think it was close to 300 dollars if I am not mistaken?  Yah they stretch the good ole crinkle tart for sure, they need their money somehow.

Now that I am a hell of a lot more in the know on bikes, and a lot more comfortable taking one apart, knowing I have a top notch bike mechanic if I need help.  That would be Eric at Monkey Works Cycle in Daytona.   I can't recommend him enough !  I pretty much do my own work when I can now.  Gas bike, Electric Bike, he can and is very happy to work on both.  I wish I could get him Energica certified but that's another project :D

The maintenance on the bikes is just stupid easy.  Check a few fluid levels, check the chain tightness, and torque some bolts and screws.  Most of the stuff you are checking, you should be doing anyways!   Tire pressure,  Chain Tension, Brake Fluid Levels, that is an EVERY RIDE check point there.  The rest, honestly if you ride your bike any decent amount, Id say you should do monthly, it's a safety thing.  You paid 25K for the bike, why kill it because you are a lazy shit and didn't want to spend 10 minutes to check the level of a fluid that takes another 10 minutes to refill IF needed?

The fluids are very small amounts, we are talking maybe a beer can full, so disposal is easy too, literally dump it into a beer can, and throw it in the garbage, or take to your local hazmat disposal.  (Before anyone wants to cry because I said throw it in the trash, you throw away cooking oil right?  you throw out the oil filter on your car right?  The oil left over in that filter is probably about the same you'd get out of the bike, so why you all tender about that one?_)

Seriously folks, I know a lot of you are NOT mechanically inclined, but this bike is just stupid easy to care for, do NOT let it intimidate you!  You can really easily do this stuff at home, it is NOT rocket  science at all, it's just really THAT simple,  hats off to Energica for that!

The tools to do it yourself may run you a few hundred dollars at tops.  Well, shit, lets say 400 dollars,  the cost of ONE shop visit to do this.  These tools are mostly basic tools, and stuff you'd need for ANY bike really and probably already have.

400 for what.

Mediocre torque wrench 100 dollars. - for all your torqueing needs.  Probably can find them cheaper, don't need a super fancy one

Goofy Ass socket to change front sprocket - 100 dollars -  although you can rent one for like 15 or 20 from Energica of New England and a chain change is a pretty NON often thing to do, unless you are really rough on the bike like I can be.  I think this is the only specialty tool you really need on these bikes,  someone correct me if I am wrong please.

chain break / chain bonding tool = lets say another 100  get the good one or you'll hate it.

and finally another 100 for various metric wrenches/ allen s, screw drivers, basic tools you probably already have.

Unless you have a warranty issue, or really tore something up, or got in a wreck, the maintenance on this bike is pretty much something that just about anyone can do themselves, and save a lot of money at the bike dealership.  The fluids, most of them you can find from any decent dealership, and if not, order them online, again Energica of New England or AF1 in Texas ??? , has all that stuff for you. it shows up in the mail.  It can't get much easier than that!

Aaron
Pages: 1 2 [3]