• September 30, 2024, 10:29:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Experia 1000km/600mile service indicator light.  (Read 3550 times)

smithy

• View Profile
Experia 1000km/600mile service indicator light.
« on: February 21, 2023, 05:52:05 AM »

Hi All,

My new Experia is rapidly approaching it's first service @1000km or 600miles....I understand the service light will come on as a reminder when a service is due.....is there a way to turn it off?? Or do I have to travel 100's of kilometers out of my way to my nearest dealer to get them to do this?? I'm an aircraft engineer by trade so doing the actual service itself is a simple excercise.....but the software side of things may prove to be an issue for people a long way from their dealer.

The owners manual mentions the service light but not how to turn it off. Is there an OBD-II unit/software available for this..??

Cheers,
Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

ultrarnr

• View Profile
Re: Experia 1000km/600mile service indicator light.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 06:17:46 AM »

I have the same issue with my Ribelle. Will let you know when I find out something.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 09:17:54 AM »

Hi All,

My new Experia is rapidly approaching it's first service @1000km or 600miles....I understand the service light will come on as a reminder when a service is due.....is there a way to turn it off?? Or do I have to travel 100's of kilometers out of my way to my nearest dealer to get them to do this?? I'm an aircraft engineer by trade so doing the actual service itself is a simple excercise.....but the software side of things may prove to be an issue for people a long way from their dealer.

The owners manual mentions the service light but not how to turn it off. Is there an OBD-II unit/software available for this..??

Cheers,
Smithy.
Just leave the thing on and forget about it. It's not annoying or anything. On my Moto-Guzzi, that service light has been on for seven years. Who cares? Not me!

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 09:12:44 PM »

I solved the service reminder light on my KTM Duke by setting the current date to before the bike was built. I have seen the light since then.  ;D

Unfortunately, that didn't work on my BMWs and probably won't work on an Energica, but it might be worth a try just to see if someone forgot that part of the date-setting programming.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 02:03:01 AM »

I solved the service reminder light on my KTM Duke by setting the current date to before the bike was built. I have seen the light since then.  ;D

Unfortunately, that didn't work on my BMWs and probably won't work on an Energica, but it might be worth a try just to see if someone forgot that part of the date-setting programming.  ;)

I have all the diag hardware/software, (GS-911 and Motoscan), for my BMW S1000XR too and it's a simple matter to plug in and reset service reminders and do all diagnostic work and recalibrations etc... I'd dearly love to be able to do the same with my Experia.

As far as resetting the date is concerned, I might give that a try....but I've also noticed that setting actual "time" doesn't seem to stick, I've set it a couple of times now and it seems to stay 2 hours into the future for some strange reason...maybe I'm doing it wrong..?? :o

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 02:10:45 AM »

After the clock is reset to the past, can you put it back on the correct time and still have the service needed indicator off?

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 02:28:59 AM »

After the clock is reset to the past, can you put it back on the correct time and still have the service needed indicator off?
-Don-  Reno, NV

Don't know yet Don, I haven't reached the fist service distance yet....am only just past 550km....I suspect the light, (if it does actually come on), will be nearer the 1000km mark. I spoke to Rick Flashman about it on the Facebook group and he mentioned that the light didn't appear on his Experia...So I'm a bit baffled at this point. :o The owners manual clearly states that it does come on and is part of the service to reset it..! Page 150 in my owners manual is where it tells you to reset it..second to last of the service operations.

Smithy.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 02:49:07 AM »

-Don-  Reno, NV

Don't know yet Don, I haven't reached the fist service distance yet....am only just past 550km....I suspect the light, (if it does actually come on), will be nearer the 1000km mark. I spoke to Rick Flashman about it on the Facebook group and he mentioned that the light didn't appear on his Experia...So I'm a bit baffled at this point. :o The owners manual clearly states that it does come on and is part of the service to reset it..! Page 150 in my owners manual is where it tells you to reset it..second to last of the service operations.

Smithy.
Is it really a light or just an LCD indicator? I am 100 miles away from my Experia and owner's manual right now.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

joesedroid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2023, 02:59:33 AM »

Its part of the display. I dont have a dealer around me for 400 miles so Ill keep it on. Only they can remove it, Im at 2010 miles now.

Commodore

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2023, 03:07:40 AM »

If my BMW dealer is indicative of other dealers/manufacturers, it was a $60 charge to shut off the service indicator, without service.  And it would go on regularly for mysterious reasons.  Luckily, it was an unobtrusive "service" message in a small font that could be ignored, which I of course did.

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2023, 03:57:43 AM »

If my BMW dealer is indicative of other dealers/manufacturers, it was a $60 charge to shut off the service indicator, without service.  And it would go on regularly for mysterious reasons.  Luckily, it was an unobtrusive "service" message in a small font that could be ignored, which I of course did.

I'm too anal retentive and OCD to leave it on ;)....I like to make things right....or as "right" as they can be.

I'm just curious as to how it can be reset...and whether codes and diagnotic stuff can be done by us mere mortals using an OBD-II dongle and some sort of "software"....can't be that difficult surely.? I have quite a few OBD readers/scanners at home....I might have a fiddle in the near future.

Smithy.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 05:49:07 AM by smithy »

joesedroid

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2023, 04:28:43 AM »

Well, let me know if you find a way. With my inability to go to a dealer I had to do my 600 mile gear change and would like the indicator gone.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2023, 04:57:00 AM »

I'm too anal retentive and OCD to leave it on ;) ....I like to make things right....or as "right" as they can be.

I'm just curious as to it can be reset...and whether codes and diagnotic stuff can it can done by us mere mortals using an OBD-II dongle and some sort of "software"....can't be that difficult surely.? I have quite a few OBD readers/scanners at home....I might have a fiddle in the near future.

Smithy.
I am glad I don't have that hangup! That is much like the wrench on my Moto-Guzzi screen. I couldn't care less that it shows a wrench on the screen. It's been there for years and just don't care if it's there or not. It means nothing to me at all. If it was an annoying red light or something like that, it would then be different. A small thing like that could prevent me from buying the bike! But a wrench on the screen? Fine with me if it showed three or four of those wrenches. That is how much I care about that!

BTW, I have noticed bugs in the Experia software and that doesn't even bother me. For one example, I stopped the DC CCS fast charging. There was no message on the screen, but it released the charge lock thingy okay.  Then I ride home. Around five miles later, as I am riding on the freeway, my screen says "you may now disconnect the charging cable."  Well, it's been disconnected for about ten minutes. A very delayed message!

I also notice if I keep my key fob in my right pocked, as I usually do, as I am riding, it will say on the screen "key fob out of range". I don't care about that either, but I assume I could get rid of that message with the key fob in my left pocket instead of right.  I will continue to keep the key fob in my right pocked. I just press the mode button once and the message is gone. Not a big deal.

These little bugs don't bother me at all. The bike rides great and that is what I care about.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2023, 05:15:03 AM »

Its part of the display. I dont have a dealer around me for 400 miles so Ill keep it on. Only they can remove it, Im at 2010 miles now.
82% SOC and only 41 miles range left? Have you been riding at 90 MPH?

Or was that just after a charge when the range shown is flakey for a few miles?  There are more bugs in the Experia than in my SS9-. But none of them are big deals, except for the fact that I cannot use newer CCS Chargepoint chargers. I wonder how much of that is the fault of Energica Vs. ChargePoint. I hope CP fixes that incompatibly issue soon!

I kinda think the charging flakiness is also part Energica's fault.  CCS cars have a lot less hassles than the bike (in most cases) to get them started. Cars can follow the CCS instructions. Often, where it says "plug in first" you must plug in last with the Energicas or they may not charge at all. I think the Energica times out too fast at the initiation screen.

More bugs are expected with the Experia, IMO.  The SS9- has been around much longer and they had a lot of time to remove any bugs than with the Experia.

-Don-  Reno, NV

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2023, 05:33:52 AM »

I'm too anal retentive and OCD to leave it on ;) ....I like to make things right....or as "right" as they can be.

I'm just curious as to it can be reset...and whether codes and diagnotic stuff can it can done by us mere mortals using an OBD-II dongle and some sort of "software"....can't be that difficult surely.? I have quite a few OBD readers/scanners at home....I might have a fiddle in the near future.

Smithy.
I am glad I don't have that hangup! That is much like the wrench on my Moto-Guzzi screen. I couldn't care less that it shows a wrench on the screen. It's been there for years and just don't care if it's there or not. It means nothing to me at all. If it was an annoying red light or something like that, it would then be different. A small thing like that could prevent me from buying the bike! But a wrench on the screen? Fine with me if it showed three or four of those wrenches. That is how much I care about that!

BTW, I have noticed bugs in the Experia software and that doesn't even bother me. For one example, I stopped the DC CCS fast charging. There was no message on the screen, but it released the charge lock thingy okay.  Then I ride home. Around five miles later, as I am riding on the freeway, my screen says "you may now disconnect the charging cable."  Well, it's been disconnected for about ten minutes. A very delayed message!

I also notice if I keep my key fob in my right pocked, as I usually do, as I am riding, it will say on the screen "key fob out of range". I don't care about that either, but I assume I could get rid of that message with the key fob in my left pocket instead of right.  I will continue to keep the key fob in my right pocked. I just press the mode button once and the message is gone. Not a big deal.

These little bugs don't bother me at all. The bike rides great and that is what I care about.
-Don-  Reno, NV

Hi Don,

I haven't tried CCS charging yet, unfortunately there isn't one near to where I live, closest one is ~35km (22miles) away. When charging, it says "Extimated Time left" instead of "Estimated"...I suspect it might be an Italian translation thing...or whomever wrote the code can't spell.. ;)

I get the "Key out of range" mesage quite often too...and I have my FOB in the "Frunk", so less than 1 foot away from the sensor....which BTW lives behind the right side dash panel about 1.5" to the lower right of the TFT screen. The manual says to keep the FOB within 1.5 meters of the sensor...so with it being in your jacket pocket....on either side should be sufficient.

I've also had a few "Right & Left indicator" fault messages...when working normally they flash fine...but when the fault message appears, they still both work but flash fast like a blown globe on a normal bike. I have the LED turn signals too, I believe the US still uses the old incandescent bulbs, is that correct..??

I've been in contact with my dealer and he has suggested I do a "reset" using the 10 second Mode/set button procedure...I'm going to give that a whirl some time today and see what happens.

As yours does...mine rides great too...handles exceptionally well considering it's 260kg weight...certainly doesn't feel that heavy when riding....it actually feels a bit lighter on it's feet than my BMW S1000XR which is only 228kg.

Smithy.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 10:38:26 AM by smithy »
Pages: [1] 2 3