• September 23, 2024, 04:23:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: experia  (Read 1056 times)

TF104

• View Profile
experia
« on: February 19, 2023, 09:53:29 AM »

I am glad that i am not in the market for the new Experia new owners finally taking delivery and all we get is " I got mine".

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: experia
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 10:33:14 AM »

I am glad that i am not in the market for the new Experia new owners finally taking delivery and all we get is " I got mine".
That doesn't explain why you're glad to not be in the market, IMO.

But I am glad "I got mine". Only took three times as long as they said it would. But it's all ready for spring and that is what counts!

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2023, 11:07:33 AM »

It's kinda like waiting for the Steam Deck, except Valve launched their product on schedule. With all of the reservations, we'll see how soon Energica can fill orders before most of the riding season to make others happy who made a reservation a bit later or want to check out a demo bike before purchase.
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS[LL]
2015 Yamaha FZ-07[TOTALED]

most

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2023, 11:52:19 AM »

Two reasons from my point of view:
1. Part Shortages
My dealer said Energica was completely caught off guard with the vast numbers of orders - so they had to rearrange volumes for all components with their direct suppliers. And we all know how well that works these days… Their direct suppliers will have to re-arrange their raw material plans with their sub-suppliers and so on and so forth... that is a complex task these days!
2. Launch Problems
The initial plan was to launch production in Spetember, which they announced in May. Four months in advance. Seems that it was delayed to December, so circa three months. From my point of view, that is within normal range. Furthermore, lauch problems are also connected to not have parts available. With no or too few parts available you cannot set up the assembly line properly.

However they certainly need to improve communication.
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 01:13:10 PM »

However they certainly need to improve communication.
That was my main complaint. I was expecting the bike in September and have not heard a word until January when my local dealer told me he heard I will get mine in February, which was true. However, even that news did NOT come to me. I went down to the dealer and was then told that. I doubt if I would have heard anything until February if I didn't go down there that day in January.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Zekoslav_Mrkva

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 08:23:45 AM »

Just spoke with the dealer today and was advised that production of the new model was stalled due to parts shortages.  Everything was pushed back about two months.
2024 Energica Experia

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2023, 08:17:02 AM »

What parts are on short order?  I thought they manu'd a lot of the stuff inhouse?

Aaron

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2023, 10:53:10 AM »

What parts are on short order?  I thought they manu'd a lot of the stuff inhouse?Aaron

I understand some parts are manufactured elsewhere too, switchgear and possibly some of the other electronics may be made in the Ukraine or other countries which are suffering as a result of the Russian invasion.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2023, 11:41:36 AM »

They should look elsewhere.
Allen Bradley, ABB, Druck, Bruker, Siemens just to name a few places that have a ton of good stuff.  Yokogawa, and the American products as well.  Cutler Hammer, Westinghouse, ITT, ITB,   plenty of other places that are NOT at war and have plentiful high Qstuff.

Aaron

Zekoslav_Mrkva

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2023, 01:13:42 AM »

Energica just sent out a newsletter via email:

MYSTERY MOTORCYCLE SPOTTED
First Experia have arrived… and more are coming. 
But the wait has been too long: and we know it.
The Experia Green Sport-Touring motorcycle has been our most popular offering ever.  Launched at Mugello last May to great acclaim as the world’s first electric sport-touring machine built ‘from the ground up’ for that very purpose, instantly the Pre-Sale orders started to pour in from all over the world.

At our Dolomites Press Ride in mid-June, we informed attendees that we anticipated series production would begin within a couple of months. We also promised, whenever within our power, to deliver the new Experia based on the strict order in which deposits were placed.

In fact, because of delays in receiving components, series production did not begin until November, and even then, we have been continuously hampered by a shortfall in parts from some of our subcontractors.  The result is that only a few lucky riders who were first in line with deposits have so far received their bikes, while the remaining Experia fans are still sitting at home, wondering when their own electric sport-tourers will arrive. 

Although this situation is finally starting to clear up and production on the Experia is gradually restarting in our new facility in Soliera near Modena, it’s still been too, too long.  Therefore, we’d like to offer all Pre-Sale customers who placed a deposit a reward for their loyalty and patience:

Free Extended Battery Warranty, up to 5 years - a $1,095 retail value.

This is applicable to all Experia Pre-Sale customers who placed a deposit or confirmed order for Experia from May 28 to December 31, 2022, who had not yet taken delivery as of March 1, 2023. 

Customers need to do nothing, as the Extended Battery Warranty will be applied automatically at the time of sale.  If an Experia Pre-Sale customer decides they are tired of waiting and opts instead for one of our Legacy models (the EGO+/EGO+ RS, EVA Ribelle or EVA EsseEsse9+/EVA EsseEsse9+ RS) then we’ll transfer the Free Extended Warranty to that purchase instead.  (And yes, if you do that before March 31, 2023, you can also combine this ‘thank you’ with the new March 3.99% APR.)

We thank you above all, for the patience and understanding you have shown as we’ve worked through these supply issues over the past several months.
2024 Energica Experia

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2023, 01:29:21 AM »

I certainly was nice for Energica to make that offer to their customers.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2023, 01:59:01 AM »

Hopefully they have the foresight, and the cash reserves, that the parts that they are having issues getting, order an ass load of them and stock them up, so that they can continue working on new bikes while waiting for the next backordered batch to come in, because they have a surplus.

Aaron

most

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2023, 02:00:27 AM »

But that free battery warranty is not new.
This was already offered during the EICMA in November, applicable for ALL bike orders until Dec 31st 2022. It appears to me like selling old wine in new bottles...
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2023, 02:03:09 AM »

it is, it's marketing.
When you look at the average user, how much they actually Do drive their bikes per year, how many would actually  need this warranty?

let's say you get 100 miles per charge.... and you get 1000 charges per battery... how many people put 100k on their bikes in 3 years?  or even 5 years?   for many / most.. that's an awful lot of bike miles.

Aaron

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2023, 04:58:44 AM »

it is, it's marketing.
When you look at the average user, how much they actually Do drive their bikes per year, how many would actually  need this warranty?

let's say you get 100 miles per charge.... and you get 1000 charges per battery... how many people put 100k on their bikes in 3 years?  or even 5 years?   for many / most.. that's an awful lot of bike miles.

Aaron

My work commute is over 100km per day...except weekends of course. So...over 500km per week, plus any rides l may do on the weekend.

Will still take a long time to do 100k km though.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Pages: [1] 2