• September 23, 2024, 06:14:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: It's February and . . . .  (Read 6378 times)

Specter

• View Profile
Re: It's February and . . . .
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2023, 09:50:29 PM »

Commodore, it's easy to make your OWN adapter.  Literally two plug ends, and 3 or 4  conductor wire.  Goto one of the hardware stores and all the pieces can be bought for maybe 20 dollars.  I'd go with 12 gauge wire, however since the max it will ever see on AC is 15 amps you could get away with 14 ga for a few pennies cheaper.

If you are going to be doing L1 or L2 charging, or mooching off wherever you happen to park at and see an outlet, you never know what they have there!  Make a few pigtails to carry along with your charger head and you'll be set for whatever you pull up on.

As a side note, when charging, AFTER the charge is done, or if you interrupt it, always try to set your charge rate down to around 3 or 4 amps.  This way, when you plug in somewhere new, it'll get started, initiated and going while you take a minute to look around and see what the overall electric scene looks like.  if it's fairly new and you are the only one there, you can probably bump it up to 10 - 15 amps and get that charge.  if it's some raggedy ass rusted out crap with spider webs on it, you may only be able to get 8 or 9 amps, but by starting low, you don't risk tripping the breaker and now getting nothing, besides a pissed off station person who may nor may not have a clue how to reset the breaker.

Aaron

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2023, 12:51:24 AM »

Where are you located?  I'm really hopeful for all of us, soon.   :o

WOW, you ordered over 1 year ago and still do not have the bike?! Geez, how are they telling others 12 weeks???  That's about what I was told.

My order is officially dated May 6th 2022. I'm surprised others jumped the line here somehow. I was told others had dates earlier than mine.
Yep, every update for order times I had to email, call and pry it out of them, they had not once called me to say we have an updated timeframe. It was originally end of September, November, before the end of the year, first couple weeks of January, first week of February, then mid March and now the latest is late April early may. I'm getting quite tired of this.
Bay Area, CA
[/quote]

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2023, 01:33:48 AM »

I was "told" by my dealer, that my bike is "on the water" as of last week (2 containers full, not sure what models).  He's expecting to get 3 experias from that shipment, I'm the first on his list.  So, maybe early June?  I sure hope so. 

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2023, 05:54:59 AM »

That depends where they are coming in from.  If it's a cali port, which I am sure it is, yah it's going to be a while making it thru.  Id look more at early July or so, from my experiences waiting on stuff coming thru Oakland or any west coast ports.

I sell green coffee online and buy it in bulk from around the world, and frequently have shipments coming in via the west coast, and have seen delays of a month or more.  The ship may get here, but be stuck waiting to offload for a while is what the general delay seems to be.  Then there's customs, potentially a bonding warehouse bla bla bla.

Good luck and hopefully you DO see it soon.  I know how frustrating it is waiting for a bike and you can't get any info on it other than it's on the way!

In the mean time, keep signing up for 'Test Drives' from your dealer until it does arrive  ;D 8)
Tell him, you are just not quiiiiite sure yet and would like to run it for a week or to to get a real feel for the bike hehe.

Aaron

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2023, 06:14:16 AM »

Thanks Aaron. I believe they come in through Florida now based on what I heard from some other discussions. Faster into country but then criss crosses it 1.5 times to get to me. Lol

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2023, 07:04:49 AM »

I will confirm that all bikes, for the time being, go to the port of Miami. Energica used to use the port of Oakland but ever since COVID it got hopelessly backlogged and it's cheaper/faster to offload in Miami and truck them to the South SF warehouse for the inspection by the service technicians.

One of the customs agents in the Port of Oakland has ordered an Experia and I asked him if he thought Oakland might clear up anytime soon so they could resume shipping there instead. He just laaaaaaughed.

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2023, 10:36:28 AM »

I was "told" by my dealer, that my bike is "on the water" as of last week (2 containers full, not sure what models).  He's expecting to get 3 experias from that shipment, I'm the first on his list.  So, maybe early June?  I sure hope so.
From what dealer? I hope they shipped more than 3! I'm definitely getting one of those.
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS[LL]
2015 Yamaha FZ-07[TOTALED]

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2023, 03:16:39 PM »

Morgan, you should convince Energica to open up shop in Jacksonville.  We have an awesome port of entry, lightning fast to get thru!!, plus if they do the final 'assembly' here, it then qualifies for the 7500 cash back when people buy them here, which can be a HUGE incentive to get one!  Given Energica is expecting to gain traction very quickly here, it'd make very astute business sense.  The got you guys on the west coast, handling things over there, open up a shop on the east coast, that way you got two POE's in case one bottlenecks.  Instead of shipping the bikes there then back here to sell, get it in, screw it together and ship right out of Fla, not to mention Fla is a LOT friendlier to business' than cali is tax wise and pretty much everything else wise too.

Aaron

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2023, 09:59:20 PM »

Big news, a shipment of Experias arrived at South City and they're being assembled! Looking forward to mine in a week to two when they're done!
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2023, 10:20:52 PM »

@Morgan, maybe you can pass this up to Energica.

How much 'assembly' goes on for the bikes when they get here.  Is it enough to count as being 'Assembled in the USA' ?
If so then Energica NEEDS to contact the IRS about it and have them change their bike status to being manufactured IN THE USA.
That means basically, just the final assembly is needed really to count for Assembled in the USA.

Why?

Easy, we can get our 2500 to 3k federal dollars back then when we buy one !!   I tried and was told the bike is listed as NOT assembled in the USA and I did not qualify for the tax rebate.  This little thing right here might make them eligible.

THIS IS A BIG THING.  IF WE CAN LET PEOPLE KNOW THEY GET AN AUTOMATIC 10 PERCENT OFF, THAT'S A BIG SELLING POINT!!

If they (Energica) need help dealing with the IRS, I already done some of the research and already, unfortunately am well versed in dealing with them on 'issues', so if they need help, you got my info, please reach out to me!!

They took my money to fund this shit, at least I want US to be able to get a little of it back!

Aaron

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2023, 10:25:15 PM »

I don't know what he's talking about. They arrive assembled in crates unless there's something that Italy didn't have and would send later, like carbon fiber fairing parts.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2023, 10:26:40 PM »

Morgan, when I did my taxes, I tried to claim my bike, and the IRS clearly has it listed as NOT assembled in the USA. They denied my claim for it.  Maybe some paperwork needs to be done, or something but the IRS does not recognize it as being final assembled in the usa.

IRS website, I plugged in my bikes VIN and it came back, NOT ELIGIBLE,  NOT Assembled in the USA.

Aaron

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2023, 11:23:44 PM »

They're probably just doing the final checks as it's probably as assembled as it is in the AU video. The cases don't come assembled and the windscreen along with a few other small things I think.
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2023, 11:45:45 PM »

Morgan, when I did my taxes, I tried to claim my bike, and the IRS clearly has it listed as NOT assembled in the USA. They denied my claim for it.  Maybe some paperwork needs to be done, or something but the IRS does not recognize it as being final assembled in the usa.

IRS website, I plugged in my bikes VIN and it came back, NOT ELIGIBLE,  NOT Assembled in the USA.

Aaron

Uh, I thought the federal incentive for motorcycles expired effective Jan 2022. The new law only includes federal incentives for cars, trucks, and SUVs. I don't think it matters if the bike is assembled in the USA or not there is no federal tax break for electric motorcycles.
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2023, 01:23:09 AM »

It was extended, renewed for 2023, read the laws again.  Biden's law, enabled it, they have not approved it yet, BUT, the old law, which did expire, DID get extended until this one goes into affect.  Motorcycles ARE included, they fall under the baliwick of vehicles.  In fact you can go right to the IRS website explaining this benefit, and see if your vehicle is eligible by putting your VIN in and it will flat out tell you, YOU are eligible for XX dollars back at most. 

See there are other aspects of the laws as well, in that each manufacturer is only allowed like a few million dollars in rebates to be charged to their vehicles and other things, so putting it onto the website is also looking to see if there is any money left, on your Tesla Model GFY, as an example.  By putting your VIN in, it checks to see if there is any money left for you, and how much, IF you qualify.   One of the DIS qualifiers was that, the vehicle had to have assembly / FINAL assembly in the USA to qualify.

Technically, if they put the Ribelle together in a warehouse in California, that would qualify for FINAL assembly in the USA.  When Energica first started selling in the USA, did they do that?  When they applied for their US permit, HOW did they explain it to them, what / how the bikes were built?  Did they put them together here, or did they essentially full build them in Italy and just crate them over here for an arrival inspection?  If that is the case, then they may need to amend their paperwork they filed, so the IRS knows that YES, they ARE final assembled here in the US, so they can change their charts and include them in the money available category.

Aaron
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8