• September 23, 2024, 06:18:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: It's February and . . . .  (Read 6379 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: It's February and . . . .
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2023, 05:47:10 AM »

How do you get these emails?   Thanks.
Be sure your local dealer has your email address and that should take care of the others who need it.

-Don-  Kingsburg, CA (rest stop)The free CCS chargers here are working fine, disregard Plugshare, I just reported them as working and they are now being used by others.)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 06:27:20 AM by DonTom »
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2023, 07:15:18 PM »

My dealer definitely has my email, no updates like those above though (I've asked).

How do you get these emails?   Thanks.
Be sure your local dealer has your email address and that should take care of the others who need it.

-Don-  Kingsburg, CA (rest stop)The free CCS chargers here are working fine, disregard Plugshare, I just reported them as working and they are now being used by others.)

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2023, 09:06:58 PM »

My dealer definitely has my email, no updates like those above though (I've asked).
The only reason I know others got my info. from the dealer is when Tom Hoff called me at home not long after the Experia order. He asked if I wanted a 120 VAC or 240 VAC charge thingy. Come to think of it, I never got any type of charge cable with my bike. But I have many of them anyway, both for 120 VAC as well as for 240 VAC. And I rarely use them until I need to charge more than one EV at the same time. I normally use my Tesla Wall Connector with a Tesla Tap. I have that setup at both my houses with several types of charge cables as well.

Did others get a charge cable with their Experias?

-Don-  Turlock, CA

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

most

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2023, 09:42:17 PM »

Yes.
At least in Germany, all Energicas including Experia come with the 220V ICCB. My Experia LE even had an Energica-branded motorcycle garage mat on top - that was coming from Energica, not from my dealer.
However, neither is clearly listed on Energica's Web Page as "the bike comes with...". I can see there's a Type2 charge cable listed as accessory - but the ICCB is not, so my interpretation is the ICCB is standard accessory.
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2023, 01:33:33 AM »

The reason they are calling you is to make it as easy to use as possible for you.  They will want to know what kind of outlet you will be plugging the thing into so when you get it, it literally is plug and play, and you won't have to get an electrician to put in a new plug for you or find some sort of goofy adapter which may or may not work for you.  This is info you should make sure they receive, or your dealer so that you can be supplied with the proper plug.

Note, if you are a US customer and go with the Level 2 charger that does 240 volts, you CAN use it to charge on 115 volt too, however the adapters you find online, most of them don't work because they are wired incorrectly, with the power lead, tapped to both hots, instead of one being tied to the N for the 115 return on what would otherwise be a 'power leg'.  It's super easy to make an adapter though that literally is a female of XX connector you got for your 240 plug, and a M of the 115 outlet that YOU wired correctly across the hots.

Aaron

ddennis669

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2023, 01:36:21 AM »

-Don-  Turlock, CA

When I picked my Experia up the Dealer said the charger would be sent to me by the next Friday. That was February. It has not arrived. Hard to feel bad when others are still waiting for the bike.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2023, 01:43:16 AM »

Get on the dealers ass about it.  Don't let them get away with shitting on you, this is not some beemer bullshit that should just be 'accepted' as par for the course.  Energica has much higher standards as to how they expect their customers to be treated, so hold the bastards at the dealership to task with it.

Aaron

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2023, 02:38:39 AM »

I received a 240vac charge cable when I picked up my Experia...came with one of those Energica roll up shop mats too....all the luggage, panniers, mounting frame and top box came in boxes for me to fit if I so choose.

The only thing I haven't received yet is the "pre-ordered" centre stand....I believe they're in big demand...but none have yet been delivered that I'm aware of.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2023, 03:03:03 AM »

When did you order?  Doesn't make me feel that mine is coming any time soon, I ordered early this year...
My order is officially dated May 6th 2022. I'm surprised others jumped the line here somehow. I was told others had dates earlier than mine.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 03:20:13 AM by AsHperson »
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS[LL]
2015 Yamaha FZ-07[TOTALED]

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2023, 03:28:42 AM »

WOW, you ordered over 1 year ago and still do not have the bike?! Geez, how are they telling others 12 weeks???  That's about what I was told.

My order is officially dated May 6th 2022. I'm surprised others jumped the line here somehow. I was told others had dates earlier than mine.
[/quote]

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2023, 03:34:09 AM »

WOW, you ordered over 1 year ago and still do not have the bike?! Geez, how are they telling others 12 weeks???  That's about what I was told.

[/quote]
Yep, every update for order times I had to email, call and pry it out of them, they had not once called me to say we have an updated timeframe. It was originally end of September, November, before the end of the year, first couple weeks of January, first week of February, then mid March and now the latest is late April early may. I'm getting quite tired of this.
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2023, 03:59:56 AM »

When I picked my Experia up the Dealer said the charger would be sent to me by the next Friday. That was February. It has not arrived. Hard to feel bad when others are still waiting for the bike.
I was not told anything about a charge cable. I was only was asked what type I wanted back in June.  But I really do not care as I own many of them, more than I can use.

I am a lot more interested in getting the centerstand.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2023, 08:58:59 AM »

Where are you located?  I'm really hopeful for all of us, soon.   :o

Yep, every update for order times I had to email, call and pry it out of them, they had not once called me to say we have an updated timeframe. It was originally end of September, November, before the end of the year, first couple weeks of January, first week of February, then mid March and now the latest is late April early may. I'm getting quite tired of this.
[/quote]

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2023, 10:38:45 AM »

Where are you located?  I'm really hopeful for all of us, soon.   :o

[/quote]
Bay Area, CA
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]

Commodore

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2023, 07:43:57 PM »

I'm in regular contact with my dealer, as well as Tom Huff at Energica, by email.

As for the charging cable, shortly after I placed my order, I was asked what kind of outlet I have in my garage.  I planned on having a 220v outlet installed, and Energica sent me a list of outlets with different plug configurations compatible with their cables.  I told them I installed the 50 amp NEMA1450 outlet, and they then said they will supply the appropriate cable.  Recently, my dealer told me that I will need to get an adapter as Energica will only be supplying one type of cable.  When I complained that this is another $150 extra I did not expect, Energica told me that they will in fact supply the cable compatible with my outlet.

As I learn more (this is my first EV), I realize I probably will want to carry an adapter with me when traveling...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8