• September 23, 2024, 08:32:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: It's February and . . . .  (Read 6386 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: It's February and . . . .
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2023, 08:29:36 PM »

@DonTom , thanks for that comparison.

The lighter handling is reported by many.  Big Plus.

If you don't mind, can you speak to the following in comparison:

Suspension/ride quality.  Better, same, no significant change in feel?

Front end feel through the bars.  Does the road feel more connected to your hands?

Acceleration.  Slower under normal use?  Same?

Braking.  Quicker, same? More or less front end dive?

Drive train noise.  Louder or quieter?

Many thanks!
I am not very sensitive to changes in suspension, but it's a real pleasure to ride the way mine came as is.  I didn't want to change anything (other than the rear brake pedal position). I would say the braking is the same as my SS9-.  I have not noticed any front-end dive in either bike. But I mostly ride like a little old lady, so I am not the best person to ask. I am a rather slow rider, which is great for electric bikes as I get decent range.

I have not yet even tried the Sport mode in the Experia. I have been keeping both bikes mostly in Urban which has more than enough acceleration, power and speed for me. 

Drive train noise on the Experia is much less. Its max noise is at a slower speed than my SS9-.   My SS9 is loudest around 40 MPH, IIRC, the noise is less on the Experia but loudest at around 25 MPH.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2023, 12:31:37 AM »

Excellent info  ^^   Thank you!

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2023, 05:40:18 AM »

@DonTom , thanks for that comparison.

The lighter handling is reported by many.  Big Plus.

If you don't mind, can you speak to the following in comparison:

Suspension/ride quality.  Better, same, no significant change in feel?

Front end feel through the bars.  Does the road feel more connected to your hands?

Acceleration.  Slower under normal use?  Same?

Braking.  Quicker, same? More or less front end dive?

Drive train noise.  Louder or quieter?

Many thanks!

Just my humble opinion...but here goes..!

Lighter handling..?? Yes, it handles very well for a relatively heavy machine, turns in well and holds it's line in corners very well.

Suspension is also very good for stock items....could it be better..?? Probably but it would come at a considerable cost.

Front end feel is very much like my BMW S1000XR, near telepathic sometimes and goes exactly where you point it, there's very little in the way of wandering or tracking etc...

Front brakes are just ridiculously powerful and feel is good, dive under hard braking is there but negligible. Rear brake is what I would describe as "adequate".

Drive train noise is less than the late model Ribelle that have ridden.

Acceleration is actually better than I was expecting, not many ICE bikes that will keep up with it off the line and up to ~100kmh or so.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2023, 02:28:15 PM »

Thank you @smithy !

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2023, 06:18:20 PM »

Have any more Experia’s been delivered in the US after those deliveries in February?

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2023, 11:44:27 AM »

Have any more Experia’s been delivered in the US after those deliveries in February?
I'm still waiting on mine, they keep pushing estimated dates back :(
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS[LL]
2015 Yamaha FZ-07[TOTALED]

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2023, 01:36:55 AM »

When did you order?  Doesn't make me feel that mine is coming any time soon, I ordered early this year...

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2023, 12:50:06 AM »

I'm still waiting on mine, they keep pushing estimated dates back :(

I also have one that I'm waiting on from CalMoto in Livermore. They reached out to me a few days ago to let me know that HQ confirmed the lead time on new Experias is still 12 weeks. They confirmed that 3 months is a realistic expectation so for me that is mid June.

This looks like the place to post when they arrive. I live really close to the South San Francisco location so I'm hoping I will save a few days by picking it up directly from them rather than waiting for it to be delivered to the dealership.
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2023, 06:26:47 AM »

It seems there really is a nice demand for these bikes.
Any reason given why the lead time is so high?  I mean if they are having issues with some components, can't they stock pile some so it'll last thru to their next order or something?

Just curious

Aaron

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2023, 07:30:37 AM »

They confirmed that 3 months is a realistic expectation so for me that is mid June.
That was exactly what I was told. Ordered on June 1.  I would have it in September-- I was told. I received it in February of the next year. So they were five months late. Their 3-month wait was 8 months for me. And I was not told anything during that time.

-Don-  Barstow, CA

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2023, 10:27:25 AM »

They confirmed that 3 months is a realistic expectation so for me that is mid June.
That was exactly what I was told. Ordered on June 1.  I would have it in September-- I was told. I received it in February of the next year. So they were five months late. Their 3-month wait was 8 months for me. And I was not told anything during that time.

-Don-  Barstow, CA

Didn't order mine till Sept last year....and like Don, I received my Experia in Feb this year....not as long a wait...but my dealer pretty much kept me up to date with what was going on as best they could.... I knew beforehand it was going to be a considerable wait time...so I wasn't flustered by that wait time.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2023, 12:10:51 PM »

This looks like the place to post when they arrive. I live really close to the South San Francisco location so I'm hoping I will save a few days by picking it up directly from them rather than waiting for it to be delivered to the dealership.
I lived in 94080 for many years. But I sold that house just before Energica started up their shop on Spruce.

They would be walking distance from my SSF house by the base of San Bruno Mountain. 0.6 mile from my SSF house the Energica place at 170 S. Spruce Ave.

-Don-  Barstow, CA (RV trip with Zero DS)
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2023, 07:42:26 PM »

If you use the Street View of Google Earth you can see a row of Energica bikes in shipping crates in front of 170 South Spruce Avenue, South San Francisco. Interestingly, the Google Earth picture truck drove right down the driveway in front of the multi-use commercial building.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Commodore

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2023, 08:02:23 PM »

I put my deposit down in late July 2022 and have recently been told by Energica that my delivery will be in early June.  They said they are trying to get motos out to northern riders first due to a more limited riding season.  But a subsequent email seemed to hedge on that date.

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2023, 01:07:56 AM »

I put my deposit down in late July 2022 and have recently been told by Energica that my delivery will be in early June.  They said they are trying to get motos out to northern riders first due to a more limited riding season.  But a subsequent email seemed to hedge on that date.

How do you get these emails?   Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8