• September 23, 2024, 08:18:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: It's February and . . . .  (Read 6382 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: It's February and . . . .
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2023, 11:18:53 AM »

Sunnyvale, it's a bit of a stretch but I can make it work on a saturday.
That's only around 35 miles from you. 

BTW, a couple of years ago, I rode my SS9- to the Livermore shop from here. It was a nice ride. I had to recharge a few times on the way. But I would have gotten there the same time if I took an ICE bike as I like to take breaks about that often anyway and plenty of places to recharge on the way.

I assume you know they can deliver the bike to you. My SS9- came from the old shop that used to be in Mt. View. They delivered it to Auburn.

A&S delivered my Experia today to here, but they are in Roseville, not too far from here.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2023, 11:21:40 AM »

Great! I have not yet ridden the bike. Too cold here today anyway. So this is a good time to set it up the way I want.
-Don-  Auburn, CA

We have temps of 30C plus here in Brisbane ATM...So tomorrow, (Friday) will be the same...basically perfect riding weather..! I have a ~140km ride from the dealer to my home...so it'll be a good "baptism of fire"..

Wish me luck.

Smithy.
It should make it easily from what I hear!
Sunnyvale, it's a bit of a stretch but I can make it work on a saturday.
That's only around 35 miles from you. 

BTW, a couple of years ago, I rode my SS9- to the Livermore shop from here. It was a nice ride. I had to recharge a few times on the way. But I would have gotten there the same time if I took an ICE bike as I like to take breaks about that often anyway and plenty of places to recharge on the way.

I assume you know they can deliver the bike to you. My SS9- came from the old shop that used to be in Mt. View. They delivered it to Auburn.

A&S delivered my Experia today to here, but they are in Roseville, not too far from here.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
I did NOT know that, I'll ask Arlie about it, that would be a much better use of time!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 11:23:25 AM by AsHperson »
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS[LL]
2015 Yamaha FZ-07[TOTALED]

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2023, 01:00:09 PM »

I love the storage on the bike, wish my Ribelle had that.
Those side boxes?  is that a special order, or is that something that can be put on the Ribelle.  The ones that came with it are kind of stupid shape and don't hold a lot for the money one pays for them :(

Aaron

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2023, 07:07:25 PM »

This is now in my garage here in Auburn, CA:

Glad you finally got it Don! We’ll have to meet up again when the weather warms up a bit more (I’ve got my Ribelle in LPR mode while the morning commute temps are in the 30’s). I would love to check it out in person and talk your ear off about how it compares to your SS9.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2023, 08:54:22 PM »

Glad you finally got it Don! We’ll have to meet up again when the weather warms up a bit more (I’ve got my Ribelle in LPR mode while the morning commute temps are in the 30’s). I would love to check it out in person and talk your ear off about how it compares to your SS9.
Sure, I will let you ride it, of course. Yours is the very first Energica I rode. And then I was rather hooked. I have not yet ridden my Experia. I plan on doing that today when it warms up a little.

It's 36°F here right now at 0700 hrs. But it will warm up to the 50's by noon. Around then, I will go for my first ride on it.

I will keep my Esse Esse 9- of course. I still will enjoy riding it as much as ever. Its very small windscreen is very nice for the very hot days.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 01:27:26 AM by DonTom »
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2023, 04:55:44 AM »

They give you full coverage?!? I tried to register mine with them almost two months ago and they kept trying to ask if it was a bicycle, or said that because of it's lower power output, it couldn't be covered, on and on. Two supervisors later, they gave me liability only. If they're doing full coverage now, I'll need to call back and get it fixed!

On the way home, I stopped off at A&S Motorcycles in in Roseville, CA I am now the legal owner of the 2023 Energica Experica, all insured and all.

The total out-the-door price here in CA with sales tax, DMV fees, etc, was $29,291.90. That includes all CA DMV fees and taxes, my deposit, etc. Everything except for the insurance.

Very nice looking bike. They will deliver it to me sometime next week, perhaps on Tuesday.

My VIN number ends on 000018. The 18TH Experia made by Energica. First one insured by Progressive. Wasn't on their list. Is now, thanks to me.

It will take me a while to learn this thing.  Screens are quite a bit different.

-Don- Auburn, CA
2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2023, 10:37:07 AM »

They give you full coverage?!? I tried to register mine with them almost two months ago and they kept trying to ask if it was a bicycle, or said that because of it's lower power output, it couldn't be covered, on and on. Two supervisors later, they gave me liability only. If they're doing full coverage now, I'll need to call back and get it fixed!
Perhaps the difference is that I already had an Energica insured with them. Also, a Zero SR. Yes, full coverage.

The rest of my bikes have NV plates. I always leave the state's plates on from where the bike was purchased, which will always be either CA or NV.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2023, 11:28:54 PM »

Anyone with an Experia interested in doing a review writeup.  Compare and contrast with the other older Energica models ?

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2023, 12:57:22 AM »

If you want to give me one, or loan me one, Id be happy to spend a month or so with it and do a wonderful write up for you !!

Aaron

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2023, 03:47:50 AM »

Anyone with an Experia interested in doing a review writeup.  Compare and contrast with the other older Energica models ?

I have an Experia and can indeed do a review of it....however l cannot compare it to earlier Energicas as l've not owned one before.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2023, 08:03:58 AM »

I have an Experia and can indeed do a review of it....however l cannot compare it to earlier Energicas as l've not owned one before.Smithy.
I guess that leaves me, as I own both right now and they both have new tires front and back.

Since my 2020 SS9- is a small battery, the biggest difference I notice with the Experia is the range. Now I have enough range to ride with ICE bikes. Seems to me the Experia handles a bit better on a curvy road but there is no problem there with my SS9-. But I am not a speed freak, so I am probably not the best person to compare. Somehow the Experia feels very light when riding. Lighter than my SS9-, but the SS9- doesn't feel bad at all.

My plan, when the weather in the mountains gets better, is to leave the SS9- at my Auburn, CA house and the Experia here at my Reno home. Two reasons:

1. Need more range between charge stations here in NV. If they would fix the broken ones, such as the only CCS in Fallon, NV and the only CCS in Hawthorne, NV it wouldn't be such a big deal. But they have been broken for more than a year. Also, eastern CA is lacking in charge stations, which is closer to Reno. Especially when NW of here.

2. The Auburn area is usually warmer than here in Reno. The smaller windscreen on my SS9- is nice on hot days.

The other advantages of the Experia are obvious. Such as the luggage capacity and a centerstand (someday when it is available).

IMO, there are some minor disadvantages of the Experia:

I find the menu screen to be LESS user friendly on the Experia than on my SS9-. New Experia riders should keep the owner's manual with the bike until they get used to the rather weird menu.

The rear brake pedal is in a stupid position on the SS9-. But it's even in a worse position on the Experia!  Way too low.  Try it every ride or you will most likely miss it when you need it. You could even be thinking your foot is on the brake when it is not. That already happened to me on my Experia. I would have to look at the bike to remember what my foot landed on when I went for the rear brake, but my Experia isn't here with me. It's at my other house.

Good thing I had my Regen on high at the time!

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2023, 10:21:05 AM »

The rear brake pedal is in a stupid position on the SS9-. But it's even in a worse position on the Experia!  Way too low.  Try it every ride or you will most likely miss it when you need it. You could even be thinking your foot is on the brake when it is not. That already happened to me on my Experia. I would have to look at the bike to remember what my foot landed on when I went for the rear brake, but my Experia isn't here with me. It's at my other house.
Good thing I had my Regen on high at the time!
-Don-  Reno, NV

You can adjust the rear brake pedal height on the Experia.....l did it myself as l experienced the same as you, much too low.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2023, 10:36:10 AM »

You can adjust the rear brake pedal height on the Experia.....l did it myself as l experienced the same as you, much too low.

Smithy.
OIC.  I will check into that when I get back to Auburn. I wonder why they set it so ridiculously low to begin with.

I will also check the owner's manual as I have it on this computer as a PDF file.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2023, 12:46:47 PM »

The rear brake pedal is in a stupid position on the SS9-. But it's even in a worse position on the Experia!  Way too low.

-Don-  Reno, NV

As smithy mentioned the rear brake lever is adjustable on both the SS9 and Experia. There is information about the procedure in the owners manual. Please make to adjust the set screw to allow the specified free play in the lever.
Also check your rear rotor for any discoloration after you have put a few miles on the bike after the adjustment. With a higher lever position it is possible to accidently apply slight pressure causing the brake to constantly be applied.
Over the years I have seen a few bikes where a customer rode for extended time with the rear brake engaged. Best case it can cause a warped rear rotor, at worst the heat can melt the piston seals in the rear caliper.

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2023, 03:02:12 PM »

@DonTom , thanks for that comparison.

The lighter handling is reported by many.  Big Plus.

If you don't mind, can you speak to the following in comparison:

Suspension/ride quality.  Better, same, no significant change in feel?

Front end feel through the bars.  Does the road feel more connected to your hands?

Acceleration.  Slower under normal use?  Same?

Braking.  Quicker, same? More or less front end dive?

Drive train noise.  Louder or quieter?

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 03:18:02 PM by Pard »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8