• October 01, 2024, 04:28:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Diagnose this  (Read 3064 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Diagnose this
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2023, 10:32:09 PM »

Takes at least 2 weeks shipping each way under the current Energica outsourcing of transport.  3 weeks more likely.

Cost saving procedure I assume.

I estimate a minimum of 2 months before I see the bike again.

May just try and get a refund and order another bike.  Will lose some dough but get a bike faster.
OIC, I guess for that distance they have to make arrangements & schedule with another company.

BTW, do lemon laws apply to motorcycles?

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2023, 10:33:35 PM »

Takes at least 2 weeks shipping each way under the current Energica outsourcing of transport.  3 weeks more likely.

Cost saving procedure I assume.

I estimate a minimum of 2 months before I see the bike again.

May just try and get a refund and order another bike.  Will lose some dough but get a bike faster.
OIC, I guess for that distance they have to make arrangements & schedule with another company.

BTW, do lemon laws apply to motorcycles?

-Don-  Auburn, CA

Looking into the Lemon Law application in this case.

Good idea.

Not every state has motorcycle lemon laws, but there are federal laws in place.

https://www.forthepeople.com/breach-of-warranty-lawyers/motorcycle-lemon-law/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 10:54:32 PM by Pard »

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2023, 03:43:19 AM »

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2023, 08:12:37 PM »

Energica is swapping my bike for a new one.  I am stunned by their commitment to customer satisfaction.  WOW!

most

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2023, 08:14:59 PM »

WOW :o
I‘m aware of cases where they swapped the battery without any further discussion - but the complete bike…! Well… congrats!?! Is that the right response?!?
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2023, 08:17:03 PM »

Amazing response.  Blown away.  Right response from my perspective.  Smart investment in brand loyalty and reputation.

Commodore

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2023, 04:49:51 AM »

I am happy to hear that Energica is resolving your issue in this way.  It really is in the interest of the manufacturer, especially one that is "new" and expanding.  I believe Lemon Laws apply to motorcycles too, having had to research the topic for a Ducati I had that became an endless problem, which included catching fire.  Lucky Ducati bought it back before I had to sue.  It took firm, respectful pressure, research, and a helpful dealer supplying me with internal email addresses.  The tide changed after I quoted the service rep's resume to the President at the time: "...maximizes manufacturer's profits when negotiating with dissatisfied owners..." Funny the things you can find on the internet...

Being without that motorcycle for almost a year was a tremendous disappointment, although I had others to ride.  Being new to Energica and EV's has me concerned enough without having to worry about being stranded.  Not regretting my purchase, but possibly the choice of keyless option haha.  One thing I do have, that has saved me in the past, is towing on my full coverage insurance.

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2023, 06:46:22 PM »

Swap the whole bike? Yeah, WOW!

If Zero reacted that way when I got trouble with a faulty SR/F I would still own a Zero.
In a German moto forum I read about a Zero owner waiting more than 6 months for a new battery. Five years warranty on the battery is worth S**T when they are not willing to act on it!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 06:48:18 PM by jotjotde »

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2023, 11:03:19 PM »

In a German moto forum I read about a Zero owner waiting more than 6 months for a new battery. Five years warranty on the battery is worth S**T when they are not willing to act on it!
A few years ago, I had my battery replaced while in warranty on my 2017 Zero DS 6.5KWH. They replaced that battery with a 7.2 KWH at no cost to me. It was in the shop for perhaps three weeks. I would say that is reasonable. I had no complaints at all. That was at Eurocycles here in Reno.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2023, 11:10:48 PM »

That was a good experience you had with Zero.

I found Zero to be disinterested in my continued business.

Strange choice for any small company in an emerging and competitive industry to treat customers in an adversarial manner.  I suppose, once a certain scale of business is achieved, the culture changes.

Energica seems to have extraordinary concern for my positive experience.  Willing to risk money, time and energy with a company like that.

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2023, 12:31:12 PM »

Energica seems to have extraordinary concern for my positive experience.  Willing to risk money, time and energy with a company like that.

It's more about the potential hazards that can result from a battery module that is out of spec and the tarnish to reputation for delivering a safe product.  One of the cost cutting measures EV makers take to counteract material cost increase is reduced effort / concern for cell grading which mitigates the kind of issue that is likely at play with this defect.  No proof of anything, just a guess based on industry trends strugling to make profit.
BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2023, 10:26:59 PM »

Another way to look at it is.
Replacing your bike.
A. Really is the right thing to do, so they can get the old one back and do a full review to find out exactly where root point of failure is.
B. Keeps YOU and everyone else you talk to happy, saying WOW what awesome customer service.  It's essentialy free advertising.
C. That thing catches on fire, and it hits the national lamestream news. ENERGICA MOTORCYCLE CATCHES FIRE !!!!!
    how damaging is that to their rep and future sales.  Especially when there are so many mouth  breathers in today's society who'd see a headline like that and never ever consider Energica ever again.

They did the right thing for the right reasons.

Also, yah it sucks when you have something brand new and it dies.  Sometimes components just fail, Energica got it bad, you can't tell with electronics, it ran for a few hours then died.  Infant mortality while crappy, does happen.  I had a brand new XRF I paid almost 40k for die after about 30 minutes of use.  Solid state thingamajig went bad on the HV side.  Typically these things take a day or two to calibrate, so it was being used for a bit before being sent to me.  Sometimes this stuff just happens.  The important thing is that THEY SEE THIS TOO, and are not playing games, are saying, here, take a new bike, get back on the street, and we'll figure this out on our time w/o hindering you.

I wish Bruker would learn this lesson.

Aaron
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 10:32:07 PM by Specter »

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2023, 12:21:36 AM »

In 2018, a few 2012 Zero's caught on fire while charging. Zero recalled the entire year's produiction of S and DS models and bought them back for cash. So you are right. No EV manufacturer want their vehicle to catch of fire for any reason.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2023, 06:31:46 PM »

My new Rebelle arrived at  dealer.  Will pick it up this week.  Hope I have better luck this time.

If it survives 500 miles, will be looking to put on OZ forged aluminum wheels and Ohlins suspension to compare.

Hearing rumors that Energica of New England is working on an alternate design for a suspension that outperforms and comes in at a lower price point to Ohlins.

That would be interesting indeed.

Also heard he was recruited by Energica to help work on the Rebelle Hooligan bike at Daytona.  That is impressive cred.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 06:33:49 PM by Pard »

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2023, 01:01:30 AM »

Enjoying the new bike.  Despite the weight, the bike is easily maneuvered even on demanding twisty sections. 

Some of my favorite terrain here:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4