• September 22, 2024, 10:26:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Top Speed  (Read 1509 times)

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Top Speed
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2023, 06:07:37 AM »

When I put mine into sport mode, I got the 125 mph out of it,  it was actually bouncing between 122 and 124 on the gps, and 124 ish on the speedo.  pretty close IMO.

Aaron

MoneyFor

• View Profile
    • My Current Bikes
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2023, 06:48:19 PM »

When I put mine into sport mode, I got the 125 mph out of it,  it was actually bouncing between 122 and 124 on the gps, and 124 ish on the speedo.  pretty close IMO.

Aaron

No way .... a Ribelle that is showing 124 on the speedo wil do no more then 114 in real life ( GPS reading ) , you must be confusing the middle digit "2" with a "1" on the speedo  ;)

Currently, the only thing that really increases the bikes speed and gives less deviation on the speedo compared to the GPS is changing the sprockets. I did this with the rear sprocket,
I tested both a 41T and 42T. You do lose some acceleration, but there is still more than enough. Because with my Ribelle the limiter kicks in at 210 kmu / 130 mph on the speedo, I
finally reach the promised 200 kmu / 124 mph. It's a shame that you have to do this this way on a expensive bike like this.

I understand there is a regulation on the speedo deviation of 10% for example ( more on the Energica :) ) , so they just have to let the limiter kick in in at a higher speed indicated
on the speedo so that the bike actually manages 200 kmu / 124 mph. That is not difficult to understand for the Energica engineers, is it ?
Click HERE here to see my current bikes.

My current bikes:

2003 - HD  Hugger
2016 - Honda GL 1800
2018 - HD  Fat Boy
2019 - HD  Street Bob
2020 - Energica Ribelle
2021 - KTM Superduke 1290R
2022 - HD Street Glide Special

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2023, 09:52:19 PM »

I had my GPS sitting on the bike, and although it updates maybe once per second, actually I think it's 5 times in 4 seconds, the readings were pretty close to what the speedo said.     Another easy way to figure this out is to also just look at the RPM being reported.  Since it's a locked train device there is no slip there as with an auto tranny, unless you got some really stretchy squishy squinchy tires there.

I will admit though GPS did get erratic sometimes, some days it'd be right on at say 70 MPH and other days seems to be a few MPH off.  I didn't look at RPM when checking this, which I will next time I am toing accuracy runs, but this is what I was seeing and that's all I can report on, is what I seen on my bike.

tunafish_phd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2023, 09:37:28 PM »

Pre Update 42 I was sitting at 70 MPH on the dash and my GPS was very steadily 63 mph

After 42 70 on the dash, 66 on the GPS.

Still not perfect, but better.

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2023, 01:37:26 AM »

Pre Update 42 I was sitting at 70 MPH on the dash and my GPS was very steadily 63 mph

After 42 70 on the dash, 66 on the GPS.

Still not perfect, but better.

I have update 42 on my Experia from new.....and I had similar speedo error, at 100kmh indicated on the bike speedo, GPS actual was only 93kmh....I swapped the front 15t sprocket to a 16t and it's now pretty close to perfect within +/- 1kmh of actual. Acceleration change is negligible.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Pages: 1 [2]