• September 23, 2024, 06:12:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Clearing Faults  (Read 526 times)

Pard

• View Profile
Clearing Faults
« on: February 05, 2023, 09:40:03 PM »

What does a reset of the bike actually reset?  What is occuring?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/energicaownersgroup/posts/938136503650455/

A reset of the bike should clear the fault. Turn the bike off and then turn it on. center press the "mode" button and the button used to change the drive profile of the bike once you see the splash screen. Continue to hold them for ~10 seconds till the dash goes black. Once it goes black release it. Depending on the firmware version of your bike you may hear a series of clicks once the bike starts up. Wait ~30 seconds and then try to use the bike as you normally would.

How is the above fault clearing method different from the below?

from r/EnergicaMotorcycles

Go to vehicle status in the service menus and see what the code is. Then look in the manual to get a hint of what component is throwing the fault. Often an undefined fault is just a minor hiccup in the bike's normal procedures and it just needs a reset. Reset it by keying on, putting it in run mode, kill switch, run mode four times back to back. If it's a one-off fault it shouldn't come back.
My undefined fault on my 2018 was p0335 motor position error. Turned out to be a little VCU connector beside the inverter not making good connection and wiggling loose over bumps.

Dryer667

• View Profile
Re: Clearing Faults
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 01:02:10 AM »

The second option is just cycling the bike enough times that the check "engine" light goes out. It doesn't actually reset or reboot anything. On Zero's and I believe Energicas, the check "engine" light can come up when there are minor faults that remedy themselves but the light stays on for 3-4 run cycles of the bike. On my Zero it actually has to turn on and off that many times, not just flipping the run/go mode.

yhafting

• View Profile
Re: Clearing Faults
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 03:40:27 AM »

The second option is just cycling the bike enough times that the check "engine" light goes out. It doesn't actually reset or reboot anything. On Zero's and I believe Energicas, the check "engine" light can come up when there are minor faults that remedy themselves but the light stays on for 3-4 run cycles of the bike. On my Zero it actually has to turn on and off that many times, not just flipping the run/go mode.
I guess what you are referring to is switching between go mode and either kickstand down or killswitch 4 times which will reset the VCU. This procedure will clear fault messages that may otherwise hinder the bike from starting, such as carious "undefined faults", unless the fault is persistent (i have not experienced such persistence).

The downside is that any error messages may be lost in such a procedure, but it will get you going most of the time. If possible check the diagnostic screen before performing this routine.
Pages: [1]