• September 23, 2024, 10:33:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: It's January!  (Read 2049 times)

smithy

• View Profile
Re: It's January!
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2023, 01:28:16 AM »

I've finally got my VIN for my Experia....#029 which I assume means it was the 29th Experia built..?? Apparently the very first Experia to touch Australian soil. ;D

Pic below is of my bike being removed from the shipping crate late last week at my local-ish dealer - AEMC, (Australian Electric Motorcycle Co), at the Gold Coast near Brisbane Australia.

Smithy.

When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2023, 12:07:52 PM »

I've finally got my VIN for my Experia....#029 which I assume means it was the 29th Experia built..?? Apparently the very first Experia to touch Australian soil. ;D

Pic below is of my bike being removed from the shipping crate late last week at my local-ish dealer - AEMC, (Australian Electric Motorcycle Co), at the Gold Coast near Brisbane Australia.

Smithy.
My Experia Vin is 018.

-Don-  Anza Borrego Desert State Park, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

electrictwowheeler

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2023, 01:01:21 PM »

I was at Pro Italia in Glendale CA today to test ride an SS9 and there was an Experia sitting in the show room. What a surprise! Looks just as good in real life as all the pictures. Does this belong to someone on the forum? Congratulations!
2020 SR/S Premium
2007 Vectrix Lithium Conversion

ddennis669

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2023, 01:21:06 PM »

I wish it was mine but it's not. I spoke with Pro Italia today to check on my Experia order from June 1. They seemed impressed with the fit and finish of the Experia.

They did say there are 30 more on a boat headed to the US. Expected in dealers within two months.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 01:31:32 PM by ddennis669 »

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2023, 05:12:30 AM »

wow, that's going to be an awesome case study on the durability of the batteries for sure.  I for one will be very interested to see how it holds up over the next few years.  Most people may put a few K a year on their bikes, but you,  hats off !

Aaron

As I still wait for my VIN, I'm doing some research looking for the owners manual and am surprised to find they do not have any manuals or support pages on the Energica website at all. The one thing I was able to find is that the 5y warranty is included on orders from 2022 and is available for purchase on newer orders, The new extended warranty lasts until 47,000 miles and makes good sense to me. As a heavy user, I would definitely take advantage of it within the 5 years but most likely not within 47,000 miles(or within the first 2 years for me). This is good to hear because it lowers my expected cost by about $1.1k and I may not need a loan at all since my Zero got bought back(they still screwed me on that one after reflection, but nothing I can do about it).

With how the warranty is structured, I'm more incentivized to take proper care of it vs my zero by charging it to 70-80% overnight and doing what I can to avoid leaving it at 100% unless I'm intentionally balancing cells. On the zero, I'd go from 100-15% just about everyday and 15-100% every night with a plan to utilize their open to debate 5y unlimited mile warranty.

I believe I saw the info about the extended warranty to 2022 orders in another thread but forgot about it.
https://www.energicamotor.com/us/warranty/
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS[LL]
2015 Yamaha FZ-07[TOTALED]

smithy

• View Profile
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

AsHperson

• View Profile
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS[LL]
2015 Yamaha FZ-07[TOTALED]

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2023, 10:35:49 AM »

Thanks, is it hosted anywhere else? I don't have a FB account.

Not that l'm aware of. There's a pretty healthy Energica group on Facebook.

Smithy.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2023, 06:32:09 PM »

Unless you REALLY have to get those extra few ounces out of the battery.  Running them 20 / 80 will be so much better for them in the long haul.

I have close to 100 KW storage on my house, yes I know apples to oranges but they ARE batteries nonetheless.  After a year or so of tinkering, I finally convinced myself that NO you really do NOT need to squeeze that extra kilowatt out of it, and in return you double the expected life expectancy of the battery at XX capacity remaining.

For those of us who may only put a few K a year on the bike, this genuinely is a non ssue, but for those who ride them like us hillbilly's ride our pickups, that can become significant.

Aaron
Pages: 1 2 [3]