• September 23, 2024, 10:20:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: It's January!  (Read 2047 times)

AsHperson

• View Profile
Re: It's January!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2023, 09:25:25 AM »

I hope this means that the first real wave of Experias has landed and are being unpacked in SSF!!

On another note, has anyone been able to get more details on the 5y warranty such as terms and milage limitations?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 10:19:37 AM by AsHperson »
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS[LL]
2015 Yamaha FZ-07[TOTALED]

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2023, 12:54:51 PM »

I thought the 5 year warranty was just on the battery, and if it goes bad, they fix / replace it.

Aaron

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2023, 08:52:28 PM »

Yeah, the factory battery warranty lasts until 31000 miles or 3 years, which I'll hit in less than half that time
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2023, 08:57:48 PM »

Damn son thats a lot of riding !!

Where are you at now mile / km wise and what is batteries capacity sitting at now .vs. when it was new?

Aaron

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2023, 10:30:22 PM »

Still waiting on an Experia VIN to be assigned to me. I don't have or care to have a car so everyday motorcycle riding gets me to an average of 25k miles a year.
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2023, 10:52:26 PM »

wow, that's going to be an awesome case study on the durability of the batteries for sure.  I for one will be very interested to see how it holds up over the next few years.  Most people may put a few K a year on their bikes, but you,  hats off !

Aaron

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2023, 07:15:16 PM »

Well January came and went. It’s now February and still no Experia. If you live in the US and have not already been given your VIN and delivery information the wait just got a lot longer. I ordered my Experia on June 2nd and I was not one of the lucky people to get one of the first bikes. I talked to them yesterday and was told the factory is building bikes and there is another container ready to ship from Italy but they have not been given a date for the ship to sail yet and to call back in two weeks for more information. They told me it takes about 45 days once the ship sailed for the bikes to reach  California. That takes it to mid May. They will then need to prep the bikes and ship them to the customers. That’s probably another two weeks. Now we are around June 1st.
I think I am done waiting. If you go on the website and configure what was the launch edition the price for the bike with the same options is slightly less. There are also more colors available. I think I will just wait until next year when they have bikes in stock at the dealer where I can walk in and ride out that day. May get a discount too for last year’s model.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2023, 12:19:45 AM »

Sorry to hear about your wait there and yah it gets real frustrating when people won't talk to you.
I don't think your problem is going to be fixed that easily though.  Once the things do start hitting the states, I don't think you will find many dealers with an overflowing stock for you to just waltz in, sit on one and say ok ill take it.  I have a feeling they'll be flying out the doors about as fast as they can take them in for a while.

That is, unless they put the world into a global depression and nobody can afford one anymore because the price of food went up 4500 percent and your motorcycle payment just went for the BLT you had for lunch...

Aaron

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2023, 08:11:14 AM »

Oh no! That's a big pain. I put my deposit in in around may of last year. I was really looking forward to it in September so I'd have heated grips for the winter. I've been slowing down with my hand on the clutch and hugging my engine on the freeway.
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2023, 08:54:24 AM »

I ordered my Experia on June 2nd and I was not one of the lucky people to get one of the first bikes. I talked to them yesterday and was told the factory is building bikes and there is another container ready to ship from Italy but they have not been given a date for the ship to sail yet and to call back in two weeks for more information. They told me it takes about 45 days once the ship sailed for the bikes to reach  California. That takes it to mid May. They will then need to prep the bikes and ship them to the customers. That’s probably another two weeks. Now we are around June 1st.
It is beginning to seem Energica is getting a LOT worse than Zero ever was!  I ordered mine on June 1, paid the 3K$ on the first day possible (June 2nd) and was promised I would have it in September. Tom Hoff told me on the phone he was sure I would have it in September.  I have not heard an official word from anybody since then. I am getting all my info. here in this forum and nowhere else. My local dealer also gets no information. Dealer (owner) has made calls and sent emails he gets no replies. Just leaves voice mails and emails that never get answered.

I made the correct decision to go on an RV trip because it looks like I won't see the bike for another few months. Then perhaps more delays. I wonder if a year will be enough time. That will be June 1 for me.

-Don-  Anga Borrego Desert State Park, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2023, 09:00:15 AM »

Not sure about that one with Zero for me. For the 2 years I had "owned" a 2020 SR/S, I was able to ride it for half that due to limitless warranty issues and all with it finally getting bought back last November after way too much work and hassle for not enough money.

How's the desert btw?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 09:17:34 AM by AsHperson »
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2023, 10:19:56 AM »

Not sure about that one with Zero for me. For the 2 years I had "owned" a 2020 SR/S, I was able to ride it for half that due to limitless warranty issues and all with it finally getting bought back last November after way too much work and hassle for not enough money.

How's the desert btw?
I have heard such stories before. But my own experience with Zero has been reasonable. I had the battery replaced under warranty with the Zero DS I have with me right now. I have no complaints, took a few weeks and I had a 7.2 KWH battery as a free warranty replacement for my 6.5 KWH battery.

Not hearing a word from Energica after the bike being promised in September is not reasonable, IMO.

I came here for the nice weather. 75F/24C here, perfect days, IMO. Perhaps was a little warmer today, felt like above 80F/27C  here today.

-Don-  Borrego Springs, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2023, 11:08:32 AM »

How's the desert btw?
I have heard such stories before. But my own experience with Zero has been reasonable. I had the battery replaced under warranty with the Zero DS I have with me right now. I have no complaints, took a few weeks and I had a 7.2 KWH battery as a free warranty replacement for my 6.5 KWH battery.

Not hearing a word from Energica after the bike being promised in September is not reasonable, IMO.

I came here for the nice weather. 75F/24C here, perfect days, IMO. Perhaps was a little warmer today, felt like above 80F/27C  here today.

-Don-  Borrego Springs, CA

Nice, that's actually a good time getting the battery replacement. I did here there are some bugs with the Experia software so sopefully some of those will be ironed out soon. I hope I can have some time to learn the bike and the DC networks before my big trip in July.
I still have not heard any details on the 5 year battery warranty.
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2023, 08:52:24 PM »

I have owned three Zeros over the years, all of which were special ordered through my dealer, the last two with power tanks. I would pay a $500 deposit to the dealer (the same as most ICE dealers ask for a special ordered model around here) and the bike would arrive two weeks later. My 2014 bike had the power tank installed by the dealer upon its delivery from Zero and my 2018 model's power tank was installed by Zero as the bike was being assembled at the factory. So I have never had a problem with delayed delivery after signing a purchase agreement. And fortunately I have never had a problem with hardware or software on my last two Zeros, although the 2012 model did have a couple of formal recalls and was eventually bought back by Zero for cash.

Don: But asking $3K seems a bit much for a deposit to secure the sale of an Energica, especially when they are in such high demand and if you are not asking for unique equipment that would make it difficult to sell to another customer if you bailed out of the deal. Needing to wait many months longer for delivery after the dealer has your money, seems unreasonable to me, especially when there is no explanation for the delivery delay. Your $3K deposit should at least be enough to keep you in a tight loop regarding delivery of your bike. My feeling is that the dealer should return most of your deposit to you until the bike arrives in the U.S., if nothing else as a goodwill gesture - assuming that he hasn't had to send your deposit to Energica to get them to manufacture the bike, which would be something that I have never heard of before.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

most

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2023, 12:38:05 AM »

There are no deposits required from dealers in Germany, doesn’t matter if you order an Experia or Ribelle/SS9/Ego. Sounds to me that this is a pure dealer request but not an Energica requirement.
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:
Pages: 1 [2] 3