• September 22, 2024, 06:22:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mysterious case of the disappearing brake fluid...  (Read 2100 times)

BigPoppa

• View Profile
Re: Mysterious case of the disappearing brake fluid...
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2023, 05:19:32 AM »

Does you SOC range prediction correspond accurately with the average wh/mi number that is generated on the third driving screen?

I'll check it next week when I ride it back into work, probably Wednesday or so. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow through Tuesday.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2023, 07:41:59 PM »

Unfortunately this thread went a bit astray, now we're talking about the update 042  :P

First, I am relieved that I am not the only one having these probs with the update. I was already thinking I got something we call a 'Monday' bike here (you know, built on a Monday by hangover guys).

Secondly, I am somewhat glad to report that my dealer contacted me yesterday because he got feedback from Energica regarding the range issue.
He said, this will be fixed with the next update. Therefore there is nothing we can do until then. The battery is not affected by this in any way.

Thirdly, because of the issue with the cooling fan of my onboard charger (not stopping after charge is complete), I will get a new charger.

So, I am happy to report that though Energica took some time, they are going to fix things (unlike Zero  ::)).

@Dryer667: The consumption figures in the third screen remain correct. It appears to me they are not taken correctly for the range prediction - some calculation error probably.
The battery capacity is not affected. This week I rode the bike from 100 to 4 % SOC getting 180 km including some speedy stints over the autobahn.
That was somewhat less I am accustomed to see, but it was 6 degC ambient, that should be the reason.

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2023, 07:39:08 PM »

If a 3-volt battery measures less than 3V, it is time to replace it. They put the minimum operational voltage on batteries, not the max. That is why they always read high when new.  Yours is borderline. I would replace it and measure the voltage of the new battery as well. I have seen a few weak new ones. BTW, that is also why a 12.8 volt car battery is called 12V, not 13V. 12V is considered nearly fully discharged, but still could be usable for a short while.

BTW, I just realized I left my only key fob in my motorcycle pants in Reno. I will be using my PIN number later for today's ride. Did you get two FOBs with your bike? I only got one, I wonder if I can purchase another. My Harley came with two FOBS. So did my Chevy Bolt.  So I wonder if I am only supposed to get one with my Experia.

But my SS9 is key only.

BTW, I have the same blue brake reservoir on my SS9 as you do, has never leaked at drop since the install around three years ago.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

Thanks for the heads up on the battery voltage. Sure enough, I measured a new coin battery and it was 3.3v. While the FOB recognition is much better, it’s still not as good as when I first bought my bike. I’m happy for now though.

As for the Rizoma front brake reservoir, the one I had on my EsseEsse9 was perfectly fine as well. Reading reviews on Revzilla, it does appear that the Rizoma reservoirs have a nearly 50-50 failure rate but since I wanted to get my bike fixed sooner rather than later and since I still had the OEM unit, I had the dealer put that back on. I might order a new Rizoma unit (only a 2 year warranty from date of purchase) when my next service is due and try again.

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2023, 07:43:11 PM »

Does your SOC range prediction correspond accurately with the average wh/mi number that is generated on the third driving screen?

Sorry for responding so late to this. As jotjotde said, yes, the wh/mi number appears to be correct. I have noticed a slight improvement in the mileage estimate over the last few days of riding into work but it’s still off quite a bit from 041. With the storms here in Northern California, I probably won’t ride into work again until the week after next so I won’t know if the mileage estimate continues to improve over time or not for another month or so.
Pages: 1 2 [3]