• October 22, 2024, 09:00:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New Zero FX owner looking for advice on foot pegs and rear shock  (Read 350 times)

linkomthsed

• View Profile

I have just rolled the dice and gotten a new to me Zero FX 6.5 for a reasonable price (given the battery has 0 warranty on it) from a dealership here in the UK.

I'm looking to get some Pivot Pegz for the bike as every off-road bike i have ever used off-road has had them fitted however, they don't sell them for the zero. I did a quick look on the Unofficial Zero Manual which told me 2008-9 Suzuki RMZ450 will fit it (https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=9937) so went back to the Pivot Pegz shop to find that's the one model year they don't have. They have them for that year for the 250 only https://pivotpegz.com/collections/suzuki/products/suzuki-2005-2007-rmz-250-450-2008-2009-rmz-250. I emailed them and asked if they would fit or any other bikes ones would. They got back to me and asked me to fill in the attached R&D Form (added to button of post and they will look to see if any of the ones they make will fit. I will not be picking up the bike for a while and wanted to know if anyone would be able get the measurements from there bike?

The other part i need to look into changing is the spring on the rear shock for a stiffer one as I'm a rather over weight rider. when i had a test ride on the small single endro track they had at the dealership it was a bit to soft and i was not able to get the sag right for my weight. I seem to be hitting the same issue in that nobody seems to sell  springs for it other then the the fox shock but i don't really need a new shock just looking to get stiffer spring. does anyone know the spring size and spring rate of the stock shock and maybe a bike which is a direct swap that i can buy a spring for?

Once i get the bike and used it for a bit i can put up a new post about how well the 5 year old battery has held up. I'm not expecting much range from it given my weight, low temps and it being 5 years old maybe 25-30 miles at mixed 30-60mph riding but we shall see. I got it to mainly do endro sessions were laps are only 4-6 miles and since my skill level is low it be a pretty slow speeds so i can charge it between sessions once I'm build some sort of quick charger (or just buy the zero ones). so not to worried about its range on the road.

R&D Form © 2016-2019 Pivot Pegz
Do the footpeg brackets unbolt from frame: Yes or No ____________________
Are both the footpeg brackets the same on both sides of the bike? Yes or No _________________
Are both the left and right footpegs the same ? ______________________
The Footpeg Pin OD (outside diameter) is ________________ mm (eg: 9.95mm)
The total Footpeg Pin length is ____________ mm
The Footpeg Pin length from underside of top flange to split pin hole is _________________ mm
Does the Footpeg Pin use split pins or circlips? ________________
The ID (internal dimension) of the pin hole in the Footpeg is ___________________ mm (eg: 10.25mm)
The Footpeg Mount width is __________________ mm
The Frame bracket internal width is ________________ mm (internal dimension)
The angle of the footpeg pin in the frame bracket is ________ degrees. (Normally 45 or 50 degrees)

What is this distance? (image attached to post)

TheRan

• View Profile
Re: New Zero FX owner looking for advice on foot pegs and rear shock
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 07:40:33 AM »

I'm pretty sure the pegs are actually 2010+ for the 250 and 2012+ for the 450, going by what comes up on Ebay. I bought some a couple years ago and I remember the first set being the wrong fitment, likely using the info from that thread (just searching the model year and not taking any notice of the photos). I then bought a second set advertised for the later years and they fit. However, the distance of the part shown in the image you posted isn't the same as the stock pegs and so they're angled too far up. They could be fairly easily ground down, I made a start on one of the pegs but never finished the job.

Pages: [1]