• September 26, 2024, 02:30:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mirror paralysis.  (Read 386 times)

SonOfAnakin

• View Profile
Mirror paralysis.
« on: December 31, 2022, 01:39:06 AM »

The stock mirrors on my 23 Ribelle RS were only good for checking out my arms while I ride.  So I put the Rizoma Reverse Radial bar end mirrors on that I used to have on my Zero.

But then I damaged one and no one has them in stock.  They are also pretty pricey.

They provided much better visibility but I had to look down further to see.  I also didn’t like how they blocked my hand from coming off the handlebar toward the outside. 

So I’m looking for new mirrors.  I don’t like the look of mirror extenders, or the original mirrors.  I’m looking for something more low profile, but can see something other than my arms. 

It seems like whenever I find something I might like, it’s not available with M8 left and right threads.  I’ve been scanning the web all day. I almost purchased the Rizoma stealth naked mirrors, but holy crap are they pricey.

This bike seems to demand better mirrors than what I can find.  Something that suits the styling of a high tech Italian street fighter.

Has anyone found better mirrors?

2023 Energica Eva Ribelle RS (ordered)
2021 Zero SR

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Mirror paralysis.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 01:53:26 AM »

It seems like whenever I find something I might like, it’s not available with M8 left and right threads.
Try some adapters like these.

With some web searching, you should be able to find left and right thread conversions to different sizes and all.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 01:57:01 AM by DonTom »
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 02:03:40 AM »

These offer superb visability and some drop protection.  Used them on several different bikes.  You need to specify the inside diameter of the bar for the correct fitting.

https://moto-science.com/products/folding-bar-end-mirror-with-lever-guard-right-7490-each

SonOfAnakin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 02:20:53 AM »

These offer superb visability and some drop protection.  Used them on several different bikes.  You need to specify the inside diameter of the bar for the correct fitting.

https://moto-science.com/products/folding-bar-end-mirror-with-lever-guard-right-7490-each

Those are very interesting. Thank you for the pointer.
2023 Energica Eva Ribelle RS (ordered)
2021 Zero SR
Pages: [1]