• September 22, 2024, 02:18:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: 22 Ribelle RS huge range loss after last update  (Read 7728 times)

Valen

• View Profile
Re: 22 Ribelle RS huge range loss after last update
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2023, 06:56:09 PM »

My bike was not updated yet but I can report that this 'old' version of the FW has the same numbers (see pic).

That's a bit odd. One would assume that the updated 042 would have some different number.

If it is a "oups sorry we messed up" hotfix maybe they just want to keep low profile.

Anyway, no matter the name it fixed it for me.

Also, when i first used the hotfix, the range didn't go up (actual consumption was like 50% more important than usual). I just reseted the trip on the dash and it fixed everyhting
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 06:59:26 PM by Valen »

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2023, 07:00:43 PM »

@Valen: I agree, the range prediction was a nuisance only.Great to hear that’s been fixed!

@joesedroid: The temperature measurement will keep being off regardless the update. On my bike the reading remained being always 4 degree Celsius too high.

frank_b

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2023, 06:42:45 PM »

I'm going wednesday for the update fix
Energica EVA Ribelle (Stealth Grey)

joesedroid

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2023, 02:39:33 AM »

@Valen: I agree, the range prediction was a nuisance only.Great to hear that’s been fixed!

@joesedroid: The temperature measurement will keep being off regardless the update. On my bike the reading remained being always 4 degree Celsius too high.

We darn. I did notice that on a 65-70f deg day is was only about 6 off. Ive only ridden in sub 30ish degs since I owned it.

frank_b

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2023, 10:45:07 PM »

Range ok now, same as Valen:
Software nr. not changed, but everything look ok again
Energica EVA Ribelle (Stealth Grey)

SonOfAnakin

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2023, 12:23:40 AM »

Nearest dealer is 5.5hrs away.  No way to do the update at home, like with my Zero?
2023 Energica Eva Ribelle RS (ordered)
2021 Zero SR

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2023, 11:34:33 AM »

Nearest dealer is 5.5hrs away.  No way to do the update at home, like with my Zero?

No, that's not possible.
TBH that OTR stuff I cannot find sexy. Updating Microsoft SW on my computers is getting on my nerves quite enough - don't need that with my rolling stuff. I like Energica for not being like Zero!

I'm a leisurely 3-hrs drive (including one charge stop) away from my dealer as well. Next week weather looks nice enough to go there and I will take a day off from work.
I want the update and the bike needs the 15k service.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 04:13:53 PM by jotjotde »

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2023, 08:55:39 AM »

As a general question.    when you bike needs the Yearly service,  the 15 k service etc.
How long does that generally take?

Yes yes, I know it depends on the dealer, how busy he is, bla bla but is this something that if you made an appointment, got the bike there in the morning, and nothing major bad was wrong, they could get the bike back to you at the end of the day, or should one plan on spending the night or more down at the dealership's vicinity?

I have little faith in my current dealer to begin with after the treatment I got on sale date so am wondering when it does come time to make a road trip, how long I should plan for.

Aaron

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2023, 12:35:59 PM »

The 1k check took less than an hour.

For update and 15k service I have an appointment for the morning and I will wait for it there. I recon it will take about 2 hours.
The worst that could happen is that the rear brake pads are worn down, I haven't checked myself yet.

As far as I remember the 15k service is mainly gear oil change and maybe brake fluid and coolant replacement (of the latter I have my doubts because those are usually replaced bi-anually - need to check that in the manual yet). Otherwise lots of visual checks.

The update takes usually about 20 min.
Be advised: After updating the MIL (yellow motor symbol on the display) lights up. You (or the dealer) need to put the bike in the GO-modus four times to make it dissapear.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2023, 04:10:57 AM »

so to make that maintenance needed thingie go away you just turn the bike on and off 4 times in a row?

Aaron

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2023, 12:33:07 PM »

so to make that maintenance needed thingie go away you just turn the bike on and off 4 times in a row?
Unfortunately no - that only resets the MIL.
The MIL lights up after a software update.
According to my knowledge, the service sign is independent from that and can be reset only by accessing the bike's software via OBD.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 12:35:30 PM by jotjotde »

chisquare

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2023, 08:35:18 PM »

Found out why firmware 042 made problems and why they were resolved without the need for a new firmware version.

According to my dealer the actual cause for the range issue was not with firmware 042 itself but rather with the software that was used to install the firmware on the bike. The latter had a bug that caused the issues discussed in this thread. By eliminating said bug from the installer it now is able to install version 042 correctly. Therefore bikes treated with the latest bug fix will still display firmware no 042 - and run fine.

Hope this is the full truth as I will have firmware 042 installed on my SS9+RS on Monday.

Cheers,
Urs
Energica Esse Esse 9+ RS
BMW R1300 GS

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2023, 12:39:07 PM »

Made a nice tour to my dealer on Friday for eliminating the range calculation bug and for the 15000 km service.

The bug dissapeared and my Ribelle has got new brake and gear fluid.  :D
Back wheel brake pads are down to approx. 2-3 mm but weren't changed yet (I use the brake a lot e.g. for crawling speed and tight turns). BTW, tires were replaced earlier (at 13300 km).
Took approx. 2 hours during which I chatted with the dealer guy (and he told me about a hassle they had with Zero - they actually will sell no Zero's this year ::)).

Cost me 199 €, but I got coffee and some kWh for free.

chisquare

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2023, 02:28:41 PM »

@jotjotde Nice. So still on v042 but now running fine? Sounds like the explanation I received is correct. Did your dealer actually confirm that the bug was caused by the installer software, not the firmware itself?
Energica Esse Esse 9+ RS
BMW R1300 GS

chisquare

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2023, 10:20:41 PM »

So, now I'm running firmware version 042 on my Esse Esse 9+ RS, too. The good news is that the range estimation is still ok and the speed deviation is reduced to 4 to 5 percent. Alas, the issues with the keyless system got worse. Despite a brand new battery I get key out of range messages galore. This happens when turning the ignition on as well as while driving. This is completely unacceptable. Either Energica has to solve these issues once and for all in fw version 043 or exchange the keyless hardware under (extended) warranty.
Energica Esse Esse 9+ RS
BMW R1300 GS
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9