• September 30, 2024, 10:36:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just got a 2023 esseesse 9rs  (Read 1804 times)

joesedroid

• View Profile
Just got a 2023 esseesse 9rs
« on: December 22, 2022, 08:49:08 PM »

Hello all,
Just got this bike this week, so far I think I really like it however I do have some questions im not finding answers for...
Cannot connect to app/Bluetooth on any phone Android or iPhone Any hints or tips? (found out my bike probably doesnt have the BT adapter?)
Seems like it is powered on when plugged in, tail light is on. Is that normal?
incorrect ambient temp (off by 15-20 deg)
So far I can go about 110 miles on a 100% charge. Seems a bit off from the 261 range. I averaged about 40 mph.
Thanks all any help would be greatly appreciated !!
Joe
Denver Colorado

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Just got a 2023 esseesse 9rs
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 01:59:25 AM »

Hello all,
Just got this bike this week, so far I think I really like it however I do have some questions im not finding answers for...
Cannot connect to app/Bluetooth on any phone Android or iPhone Any hints or tips? (found out my bike probably doesnt have the BT adapter?)
Seems like it is powered on when plugged in, tail light is on. Is that normal?
incorrect ambient temp (off by 15-20 deg)
So far I can go about 110 miles on a 100% charge. Seems a bit off from the 261 range. I averaged about 40 mph.
Thanks all any help would be greatly appreciated !!
Joe
Denver Colorado
Yes, it's normal for the lights to be on while charging, even if in the LPR mode. You will have a reduced range when cold, which it must be there in Colorado in December. On a nice warm day, you will notice a big difference in your range.

IAC, don't expect the range estimates to be accurate. Too many variables. But sometimes on warm days it will seem you're getting better than spec.  And average speed means little compared to a steady 40 mph.

There is no Bluetooth when the bike is off (unlike Zeros). I never use the Bluetooth with my Energica. I have a Garmin GPS on it with a directory for charge stations.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 04:07:47 PM »

Nice christmas gift you got 🥳

My Ribelleā€˜s lights are off while charging. You can adjust that in the preferences menu (bike ON, kickstand down or quickstop enganged - press menu toggle left for 3 seconds).

The 110 miles range is not bad, depends quite much on your riding style. High accelerations though highly fun draw heavy on the battery. The 260 miles range are possibel for urban riding I think.

Incorrect ambient temp is not uncommon, my reading is 4 degree Celsius off.
Most probably you will also notice the speedometer reading to be about 10% higher than measured with GPS.

joesedroid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 12:04:33 AM »

Good info, thank you
Yes, Ive owned about 25 bikes and really not one of them had an accurate speedo, this one is as close as any of them though so im used to it. Thought I heard somewhere its for safety. I really hope the ambient temp is something that is calibrating or can be fixed. I really like that on bikes.
Im sure the range drops in a linear amount due to temp but it would be cool to see numbers. Like at 80F its 200 range and at 35 and less is 100 miles, or something like that. Probably not near exact enough to do number.
Joe

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 12:20:16 AM »

Good info, thank you
Yes, Ive owned about 25 bikes and really not one of them had an accurate speedo, this one is as close as any of them though so im used to it. Thought I heard somewhere its for safety. I really hope the ambient temp is something that is calibrating or can be fixed. I really like that on bikes.
Im sure the range drops in a linear amount due to temp but it would be cool to see numbers. Like at 80F its 200 range and at 35 and less is 100 miles, or something like that. Probably not near exact enough to do number.
Joe
Harley's and Zeros are on the nose (within one MPH). All European bikes read around 10% high. I think this is because of the speed cameras used in Europe that are almost everywhere.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 03:09:57 AM »

What charging cable came with the bike?

joesedroid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 07:08:39 PM »

I did not get a charge cable, thought that was odd. I called the dealer and they will get back with me.
Im guessing that too was removed from the 2023 models?
Joe

chisquare

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2022, 08:26:39 PM »

In Switzerland, only the RS versions of the SS9+ and Ribelle come with a free charging cable. With the standard versions it has to be purchased separately. Don't know about the Experia.
Energica Esse Esse 9+ RS
BMW R1300 GS

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2022, 02:16:51 PM »

I did not get a charge cable, thought that was odd. I called the dealer and they will get back with me.
Im guessing that too was removed from the 2023 models?
Joe

I confirm your bike includes a EVSE. Just let the team at Green Eye know what version you need (plug type) and they will get you taken care of.

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2022, 08:48:06 PM »

In Germany my RS came including Mennekes charge brick, a cover for the bike and the splash guard.

joesedroid

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2023, 06:01:47 PM »

Getting back to the Ambient temperature thoughts.
Does anyone know where the sensor is for it? Id love to take a look, maybe they left some foam packing material on it thats insulating it??
Ha, but if the sensor could easily be replaced maybe thats a place to start.
Anyone one have a manual that might show where the sensor is?
Thanks!
Joe

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2023, 07:12:32 PM »

Getting back to the Ambient temperature thoughts.
Does anyone know where the sensor is for it? Id love to take a look, maybe they left some foam packing material on it thats insulating it??
Ha, but if the sensor could easily be replaced maybe thats a place to start.
Anyone one have a manual that might show where the sensor is?
Thanks!
Joe

Whatever the issue is with temperature gauges reading high, it seems to be a thing with electric motorcycles. I have owned two Zeros with temperature indicators and both have read about 10 degrees F above the ambient air temperature before starting to ride with the motor cold.  ??? I have heard other Zero owners say the same thing on this forum.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2023, 04:08:39 AM »

Why are you so worried about what the temperature gauge reads.  if you are worried about freezing, being a few degrees off that low, is not going to help much anyways if you are that cold already.

You also have to remember these sensors are not hanging out in open air just flapping in the breeze.  If there is any sunlight or any light really on the bike, it's going to convert some of that into heat, which will be trapped with the bike until you get the air circulating so it's fresh and the temperatures are back closer to normal.  Just like its hot in your car with the windows rolled up, because of the lack of airflow.

Plastic gets hot in the sun, and can radiate that back out as heat.

With this though, that might be a nice little 'tweak' that Energica could add is an offset menu for the temperature so the user can adjust it up or down, say, 10 degrees or so to make it where they are happy with it.

Honestly should not be too hard at all to implement, just one or two logic blocks really.  Input A thermometer, input B, user offset, add them and output.

Aaron

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2023, 03:08:50 PM »

Keep in mind there is more than one temperature sensor on the bike and chances are they are all the same model. The temperature sensor that measures ambient air temp that is 8-9 degrees high is likely to be the same model that measures your battery temp and it may also be 8-9 degrees high so the bike thinks your battery is a lot hotter than it really is. As richard mentioned Zero had this problem to. This was at a time when Zero was having problems with their motors overheating and I always wondered if they really just had a bad temp sensor problem, not a motor overheating problem.

smithy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2023, 04:07:22 AM »

Good info, thank you
Joe
Harley's and Zeros are on the nose (within one MPH). All European bikes read around 10% high. I think this is because of the speed cameras used in Europe that are almost everywhere.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

Experia is "on the nose" when a 16T front sprocket is fitted.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Pages: [1] 2