• September 25, 2024, 02:26:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Poll

Will I get my Experia before winter starts?

yes
- 0 (0%)
no
- 14 (77.8%)
maybe
- 0 (0%)
My guess is as good as yours.
- 4 (22.2%)
Other (say below)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: December 31, 2022, 02:24:28 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: It's December!  (Read 4467 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: It's December!
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2022, 08:18:58 PM »

Well it looks like the first two Experia motorcycles will be picked up today at Energica in California after preparing them for the 3000 mile ride to Florida. Let the adventure begin.

Good luck to the two new owners riding their Experias across the U.S. during the winter. The weather in the mid-western and southeastern U.S. this winter has been somewhat challenging lately and has not been all that favorable for motorcycle touring. I hope we hear more regarding their adventure and that they arrive home safely.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

MikeL

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2022, 09:55:53 PM »

Good luck to the two new owners riding their Experias across the U.S. during the winter. The weather in the mid-western and southeastern U.S. this winter has been somewhat challenging lately and has not been all that favorable for motorcycle touring. I hope we hear more regarding their adventure and that they arrive home safely.

I have no idea their route plan, but I'd certainly be heading south to LA/San Diego and then heading east. Still cold no matter what right now.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2022, 10:40:40 PM »

I have no idea their route plan, but I'd certainly be heading south to LA/San Diego and then heading east. Still cold no matter what right now.
Cold is NOT the main issue.

"'It just took everything’: Tornadoes kill 3, injure dozens after tearing across southern USA multiday severe weather outbreak has caused destruction across large swaths of the southern U.S., including near major metropolitan areas of Dallas-Fort Worth and New Orleans, as dozens of tornadoes were reported.By Adriana Navarro, AccuWeather staff writer[/font]
-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2022, 01:57:57 AM »

Cold is NOT the main issue.

Nothing to worry about. The weather looks good for the next week across the south. Just colder than normal but above freezing. They will probably follow along I-10 and be close to the gulf coast once they reach Houston TX. Tornadoes move through fast and are only in a few locations. It’s the hurricanes that are more dangerous , cover a larger area and last a lot longer.

"'It just took everything’: Tornadoes kill 3, injure dozens after tearing across southern USA multiday severe weather outbreak has caused destruction across large swaths of the southern U.S., including near major metropolitan areas of Dallas-Fort Worth and New Orleans, as dozens of tornadoes were reported.By Adriana Navarro, AccuWeather staff writer[/font]
-Don-  Auburn, CA

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2022, 03:33:53 AM »

Nothing to worry about. The weather looks good for the next week across the south. Just colder than normal but above freezing. They will probably follow along I-10 and be close to the gulf coast once they reach Houston TX. Tornadoes move through fast and are only in a few locations. It’s the hurricanes that are more dangerous , cover a larger area and last a lot longer.
Yep. The warning has been removed already from the weather report. It came and left faster than expected.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2022, 01:36:42 PM »

First, Energica said we would have our Experia's in September. Then, on-line it says "sometime in the fall".  Well, now fall is over. It's the first day of winter.

I noticed in the poll that nobody believed before winter starts.

Total lack of any communications from anybody after I made my 3K$ deposit in June, other than "in September" back then.

So can I now expect it in winter or fall? Looks like it won't be this year.

-Don-  Aubun, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2022, 08:00:54 PM »

I called Energica and was told some more would be delivered in January and most other preorders in February. We will see. If you have a dealer I would call them to see what they say, at least once a month. They keep saying supply chain issues.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2022, 08:46:02 PM »

I called Energica and was told some more would be delivered in January and most other preorders in February. We will see. If you have a dealer I would call them to see what they say, at least once a month. They keep saying supply chain issues.

It does seem as if "supply chain issues" is the standard reply for every product delay, such as toilet paper, random food items, children's medicine, baby formula, motor vehicle fuel, and just about every other item you can think of that a lot of people suddenly want to buy.  ::)  But with such a complicated and unique vehicle as an electric motorcycle I am more inclined to believe that excuse. Still, it is getting a little tiring. I am ready for a new excuse.  :'(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2022, 11:35:58 PM »

Mine left San Fran on the 13th, transport vehicle was within 30 miles of my residence on the 17th, now according to tracking it's been sitting in Atlanta since the 17th 0400. If I could get hold of someone in the transport co, I would go get it myself. I'm officially starting to get pissed.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2022, 12:10:50 AM »

It does seem as if "supply chain issues" is the standard reply for every product delay, such as toilet paper, random food items, children's medicine, baby formula, motor vehicle fuel, and just about every other item you can think of that a lot of people suddenly want to buy.  ::)  But with such a complicated and unique vehicle as an electric motorcycle I am more inclined to believe that excuse. Still, it is getting a little tiring. I am ready for a new excuse.  :'(
If I could officially hear the excuses, I would be okay with that. I was expecting delivery last September.

I did visit the A&S dealer in Roseville last Friday. I often chat with Randy, the owner. He said he heard they will get my Experia in February.  However, he also thought there was only one Experia in the USA. I told him about the seven in SSF, and that two were picked up by a couple from Florida and should be five left. I have no idea where those five are going, but didn't I hear somewhere that the dealers will get their demo Experias before the customers do?

I wonder what type of connections that couple from Florida had. BTW, I thought we would be able to track them. Did they ever get out of CA?

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2022, 01:24:11 AM »

The couple are being tracked on Spotwalla and are in Tucson right now. They have also posted videos on YouTube under Two4Charge.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2022, 04:17:45 AM »

If I could officially hear the excuses, I would be okay with that. I was expecting delivery last September.

I did visit the A&S dealer in Roseville last Friday. I often chat with Randy, the owner. He said he heard they will get my Experia in February.  However, he also thought there was only one Experia in the USA. I told him about the seven in SSF, and that two were picked up by a couple from Florida and should be five left. I have no idea where those five are going, but didn't I hear somewhere that the dealers will get their demo Experias before the customers do?

I wonder what type of connections that couple from Florida had. BTW, I thought we would be able to track them. Did they ever get out of CA?

-Don-  Auburn, CA

My recollection is that the first Energica sold by CalMoto was picked up by someone that lived in Texas. I guess it helps to have connections that are in other states instead of California.  ??? The attached photo taken on August 20, 2016 might (or might not) be the bike.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2022, 07:41:29 AM »

This is the fifth and six bike this couple has bought from Energica. They also went to Italy to the factory for a tour and test ride. They are well connected for sure. I have no problem with them being one of the first if not the first to get their bikes. My understanding is the first shipment had seven bikes on it. One is being kept by Energica in California so that leaves four more bikes that may or may not have been delivered. I just wish there was better communication like everyone else because we are all excited to get our bikes.

It is almost Christmas and I am sure they may not be working a lot until the first of the new year. I hope come January they will begin to ship them to customers and we will all have ours by the end of February.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2022, 07:52:52 AM »

This is the fifth and six bike this couple has bought from Energica. They also went to Italy to the factory for a tour and test ride. They are well connected for sure. I have no problem with them being one of the first if not the first to get their bikes. My understanding is the first shipment had seven bikes on it. One is being kept by Energica in California so that leaves four more bikes that may or may not have been delivered. I just wish there was better communication like everyone else because we are all excited to get our bikes.

It is almost Christmas and I am sure they may not be working a lot until the first of the new year. I hope come January they will begin to ship them to customers and we will all have ours by the end of February.
I also have no problem with them getting their bikes first.

But I wonder where the other five Experias are going.

February isn't a bad time to get our bikes. Just before spring, the best riding time.

But do they mean it this time?  September didn't happen. Fall didn't happen. Will February happen?

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Zekoslav_Mrkva

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2022, 12:01:14 PM »

I arrived late to this party and didn't order the Experia until late November with Calmoto in Livermore.  The dealer advised me that it would take about 10 weeks, so arrival would be sometime in the latter half of February 2023.
2024 Energica Experia
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7