• September 25, 2024, 04:28:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Poll

Will I get my Experia before winter starts?

yes
- 0 (0%)
no
- 14 (77.8%)
maybe
- 0 (0%)
My guess is as good as yours.
- 4 (22.2%)
Other (say below)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: December 31, 2022, 02:24:28 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: It's December!  (Read 4472 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: It's December!
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2022, 10:31:18 PM »

Just heared that Experia production is finally starting cw50, so this week... so far no end customer bike has been build or shipped, all existing bikes are pre-production. Those pre-prod bikes are mostly spread in Europe, one or more also in US (well we knew that bit already). I was not able to get any details on why we were seeing that delay.

Ribelle, Ego and SS9 orders are mostly down due to the new model - operators and parts are available, this is why recent orders of those are produced directly when an order is coming in. However, shipping seems to be a huge problem. Logistics companies seem to have unusual long durations until they even pick up - also they do LTFTL (less than full truck load). This affects mainly land transport in Europe - no word on if/how sea freight is affected.

Undisclosed source which I trust.
What is "cw50" and what is the difference between the pre-prod Experias and the "customer bikes" ?

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

most

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2022, 02:11:00 AM »

cw50 is calendar week 50. This week.
Generally, pre-production vehicles are used to fine trim the OEM’s assembly process, also some components may not have final maturity. I‘ve linked my test ride on the first page where I‘ve described the deficiencies I found in the pre-production bike I had.
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2022, 05:22:54 AM »

cw50 is calendar week 50. This week.
Generally, pre-production vehicles are used to fine trim the OEM’s assembly process, also some components may not have final maturity. I‘ve linked my test ride on the first page where I‘ve described the deficiencies I found in the pre-production bike I had.
So there is no chance for the fall, just as there was no chance for September, here in the USA.

Maybe in time for the middle of winter?

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2022, 05:42:12 AM »

Well it looks like the first two customers are taking delivery of their Experia motorcycles soon in San Francisco. They arrive in California today to pick them up. They plan on riding them home to Florida over the Christmas and New Years week a trip of about 3000 miles. Great way to show their touring chops. Info on Energica Motorcycle Owners Group on Facebook.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2022, 06:07:01 AM »

Well it looks like the first two customers are taking delivery of their Experia motorcycles soon in San Francisco. They arrive in California today to pick them up. They plan on riding them home to Florida over the Christmas and New Years week a trip of about 3000 miles. Great way to show their touring chops. Info on Energica Motorcycle Owners Group on Facebook.
Sure is a difference in the news on the Experia. Do you mean South San Francisco (is NOT in San Francisco)?

If there is an Energica shop in SF, this is the first I heard of it. But they have the Energica service shop about a mile from where I used to live in SSF (but the Energica shop was then in Redwood City).

When mine is ready, I will pick it up at A&S in Roseville.  That is around 18 miles (30 km) from my other house in Auburn, CA which I will head for tomorrow. A&S is around 111 miles (180 km) from South San Francisco. 

Could my bike be on the way?

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2022, 06:13:07 AM »

They are picking the bikes up directly from Energica and not through a dealer.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2022, 06:26:10 AM »

They are picking the bikes up directly from Energica and not through a dealer.
I think for the west coast, all Energicas go to the SSF shop first.   From there to the dealers, but I guess they can also be picked up there in SSF and bypass the dealers.

They get them ready to go there in SSF.  The dealers receive these bikes ready to ride, so there are no set-up fees involved.

Any idea how many Experias are in the SSF shop?

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2022, 06:36:29 AM »

I have no idea how many are there. They only mentioned picking up their two bikes. This couple flew to Italy back in the summer to test ride the bikes. They have two 2021 model Ribelle’s they are selling if anyone is interested.

MikeL

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2022, 10:20:19 AM »

I cancelled my Experia order. For now I have my 2017 KTM 1090 Adventure R, and that will do. I may revisit the bike in the near future.

With that said, I'm very unimpressed with Energica and this whole launch. Not once was I reached out to despite having an order in since day 1 of pre-orders. My dealer tried their best and I give them credit for trying to get information, but it was always sparse. Often times it felt like the info contradicted what others had heard here. So you could never really tell what was going on.

Now I hear that a couple is getting the first 2 Experia's in the U.S. so they can ride them back to Florida. That's great and all, but a lot of people have super early pre-orders and from all accounts haven't heard a damn thing.

I hope everyone here gets their orders soon. I'll keep a lookout on the forum to read about everyone's experiences.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 10:30:51 AM by MikeL »

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2022, 10:48:47 AM »

I cancelled my Experia order. For now I have my 2017 KTM 1090 Adventure R, and that will do. I may revisit the bike in the near future.

With that said, I'm very unimpressed with Energica and this whole launch. Not once was I reached out to despite having an order in since day 1 of pre-orders. My dealer tried their best and I give them credit for trying to get information, but it was always sparse. Often times it felt like the info contradicted what others had heard here. So you could never really tell what was going on.

Now I hear that a couple is getting the first 2 Experia's in the U.S. so they can ride them back to Florida. That's great and all, but a lot of people have super early pre-orders and from all accounts haven't heard a damn thing.

I hope everyone here gets their orders soon. I'll keep a lookout on the forum to read about everyone's experiences.
Well, I can understand. I odered mine on the first minute possible on  Wednesday June 1 and paid my 3K$ the next day, Thursday June 2. I was told I would have the bike in Septemeber, and just like you, I have not heard a word other than the several contradicting messages in this forum, where everybody says someting different.

I don't mind the wait as much as the lack of offical communications. I expected better info. from Energica. Dealer also has not heard a single word the last time I checked with them.

-Don-  Reno, NV
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 10:00:02 PM by DonTom »
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Zekoslav_Mrkva

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2022, 11:27:57 AM »

At least it's not snowing at A & S Motorcycles... I was there last week to test ride an Esse Esse 9.
What did you think of it?  I love mine, it's my favorite bike to ride for most of my rides and it's a SS9-.

If the charge stations would work here in NV, the range of even the SS9- would be enough.

Because of broken charge stations, I cannot go as far in NV as I could last year. Places such as Hawthorne, NV and Fallon, NV CCS charge stations and others have been broken for around a year.

I liked the SS9.  I desperately needed a windscreen, though, as I had to hold on tight when I hit the freeway.  I liked the torque and the handling, but I'm 6'7" and the riding position was a little cramped.  I test rode a Zero DSR/X about two days prior, and it just reinforced my preference for said windscreen.  The Experia seemed like the next logical choice.  I was hoping one of the dealers near me will get an Experia as a demo model so I can try it.

That sucks about the charging stations not working and not being repaired in a timely manner.  I'm lucky to be in the bay area in California so there is no shortage of working charging stations. 
2024 Energica Experia

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2022, 11:57:37 AM »

That sucks about the charging stations not working and not being repaired in a timely manner.  I'm lucky to be in the bay area in California so there is no shortage of working charging stations.
The problem with CCS in CA is that there are way too many grouped together and then perhaps more than 100 miles to the next one.

Between Reno and my house in Auburn, CA there is a CCS charge station almost every exit. Rarely are any of them used. I normally use the free CCS at Donner Summit west bound rest stop and even it is rarely busy. I have never had to wait at any of them, including this free one, even on weekends.

But nothing in or near Susanville, Quency, Portola, Lake Topaz and countless other places all over the state of CA when once away from the busy populated freeways and very populated areas. Means where we can go is very limited on an electric motorcycle, even in CA.

-Don-  Reno, NV
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 10:01:16 PM by DonTom »
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2022, 08:43:02 PM »

The problem with CCS in CA is that there are way too many grouped together and then perhaps more than 100 miles to the next one.

Between Reno and my house in Auburn, CA there is a CCS charge station almost every exit. Rarely are any of them used. I normally use the free CCS at Donner Summit west bond rest stop  and even it is rarely busy. I have never had to wait at any of them, including this free one, even on weekends.

But nothing in or near Susanville, Quency, Portola, Lake Topaz and countless other places all over the state of CA when once away from the busy populated freeways and very populated areas. Means where we can go is very limited on an electric motorcycle, even in CA.

-Don-  Reno, NV

It does seem as if the big push to install CCS stations is only along major interstate freeway routes. Both the CA's government $500 million charging station infrastructure project as well as the Federal one budgeted for billions of dollars, all talk about installing them along freeways, but there is little mention regarding installing them along roads that don't get a lot of traffic - such as the roads that we all like to ride along. It does appear as if locating charging stations are determined by the amount of adjacent traffic where they will likely get the most use - and generate the most amount of revenue for the private companies that will own, operate, and hopefully maintain, them.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2022, 10:47:31 PM »

It does seem as if the big push to install CCS stations is only along major interstate freeway routes. Both the CA's government $500 million charging station infrastructure project as well as the Federal one budgeted for billions of dollars, all talk about installing them along freeways, but there is little mention regarding installing them along roads that don't get a lot of traffic - such as the roads that we all like to ride along. It does appear as if locating charging stations are determined by the amount of adjacent traffic where they will likely get the most use - and generate the most amount of revenue for the private companies that will own, operate, and hopefully maintain, them.
I wonder how many people refuse to buy an EV for that reason, especially when it comes to electric motorcycles.

Perhaps that is one of the main reasons Teslas are so common. They have the best charging network combined with the range to get between them, with only rare exceptions.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2022, 07:20:16 PM »

Well it looks like the first two Experia motorcycles will be picked up today at Energica in California after preparing them for the 3000 mile ride to Florida. Let the adventure begin.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7