• September 27, 2024, 03:37:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: First ride on an Energica in Australia.  (Read 340 times)

smithy

• View Profile
First ride on an Energica in Australia.
« on: November 07, 2022, 09:16:51 AM »

Hi All.
Last Friday (4th Nov) I had the unique opportuniy to be the first person in Australia to ride an Energica motorcycle "legally" on Australian roads. They've only recently gained "road approval" here in Aus. Big shout out to Alex & Tobin from AEMC, (Australian Electric Motor Co) for allowing me the opportunity to ride a new Ribelle around the streets of the Gold Coast, Australia. I was a little apprehensive at first as I've never ridden an electric morotrcycle before....but my fears went away within the first 50meters, just going out of the driveway of the dealership, it felt like a real/normal bike....I was following Alex, he was riding a Zero SR/F and I was on the Ribelle. We didn't just go for a 10 minute piddle around the local block, we did a good run taking in a mix of slow speed local roads and some faster urban-ish roads, so I got a pretty good handle on how the bike is in most conditions. First thing which caught my attention was how light the bike is on it's feet, for a motorcyle weighing 260+kg, it didn't feel like it when in motion, it's very "flickable" and easy to ride. The smoothness, lack of vibration and ridiculous torque of it was eye opening to say the least....the pull from basically nothing is mind bending to someone who hasn't ridden an electric machine before. It handled and braked as good or better than most motorcycles I've ridden....and I've ridden a few in my 60+ years. Once again, big thanks to Alex, who took the time to go through everything for me, he didn't just point and nod, he explained things in plain english so even an electric noob like me could understand, also thanks to Tobin at Australian Electric Motor Co for the opportunity. Any Aussies who may be within a stone's throw of the Gold Coast, hit them up and organise yourself a test ride on one of the world's best electric motorcycles. I've already placed an order for a new Experia a few months ago, but wanted to sample an electric motorcycle for myself....now I finally have.  ;D

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.
Pages: [1]