• September 28, 2024, 11:27:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Don't try to get CCS in Reno right now.  (Read 241 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Don't try to get CCS in Reno right now.
« on: August 20, 2022, 09:45:35 PM »

Some AH has been cutting the charge cables of every CCS charger here in Reno.

For examples, see the last check-ins;

Here  and
here and
here.

No place to get a CCS charge in Reno at this time.

-Don-  Reno, NV

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

BigPoppa

• View Profile
Re: Don't try to get CCS in Reno right now.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 04:37:23 AM »

Unfortunately, the EV haters are plentiful. I just don't get why people can't live and let live. What's happening in Reno has been happening across the nation from the various articles I've read. Nothing to indicate any kind of coordination, just frequent reports of people cutting the charging cables.

Unfortunately, the theory that people were doing it to steal the copper was pretty much debunked since in most cases just the portion of the cable closest to the actual charger handle was cut, leaving most of the cable behind. At least that's what I've been reading over the past month or so.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 08:11:48 AM »

Unfortunately, the EV haters are plentiful. I just don't get why people can't live and let live. What's happening in Reno has been happening across the nation from the various articles I've read. Nothing to indicate any kind of coordination, just frequent reports of people cutting the charging cables.

Unfortunately, the theory that people were doing it to steal the copper was pretty much debunked since in most cases just the portion of the cable closest to the actual charger handle was cut, leaving most of the cable behind. At least that's what I've been reading over the past month or so.
There are also some very organized ICE haters these days as well.

See here for an example.

-Don-  Reno, NV

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 06:19:00 PM »

Yeah, I read about them too…complete a*holes. They’re just as bad, if not worse than the idiots cutting the charging cables. We pay an indirect cost when the charging cables are cut but the SUV owners pay a direct cost to get their SUVs back on the road. Roadside assistance programs do vary and not everyone can get back on the road quickly.

Plus…the potential to inhibit someone from reaching an important destination on time. What if that SUV owner had a job interview or medical appointment? Again, I really wish people would live and let live. If you don’t like SUVs, fine…don’t buy one. If you don’t like EVs, fine…don’t buy one.

I hate that most of the conflict in the US these days seems to be about people not fitting into some kind of mold. What a boring world if everyone did the same thing, enjoyed the same hobbies, and thought the same thing.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited
Pages: [1]