• September 27, 2024, 07:31:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Energica of New England Parts!  (Read 1384 times)

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
Energica of New England Parts!
« on: August 07, 2022, 06:04:39 AM »

Scroll down for video!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 04:44:07 AM by mistasam »

shayan

• View Profile
Re: Energica of New England Parts!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 07:22:58 AM »

Just noticed, time to change your signature?  ; :D
-Shayan

2023 Energica Ribelle RS

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 07:25:08 AM »

Just noticed, time to change your signature?  ; :D

Haha wow thank you!  I totally forgot about that.  I need to get on the forum more often  ;D

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 04:41:16 AM »

Sam's a busy guy.  Me not so much.  So here is his video showing the parts offered by Energica of New England.

So here's some Energica Doo Dads:

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 04:43:47 AM »

Haha thanks man!  Somehow I couldn't find this thread to update it.  I thought an admin had deleted it.  Anyway, hope this video helps people!  ;D

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 03:28:24 PM »

Awesome video and very helpful. Thanks for posting!

The frame sliders (though not very handsome) would have really made a difference when I let my bike fall on the side the other day  ::) ::) ::)
All in all, cost me about 700 Euros. Most expensive part was the side cover.

In your vid you mention a German company offering frame sliders that do not require drilling the frame (I was internall shuddering when I saw you doing this :o).
Could you please reveal the name?

Thanks!

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 03:43:24 PM »

In your vid you mention a German company offering frame sliders that do not require drilling the frame (I was internall shuddering when I saw you doing this :o).
Could you please reveal the name?

Sooooo the other ones are sold in the Netherlands (oops, sorry!) and they actually require cutting your fairing.. which seems insane, but here's a link to those:

http://electricmotorcycles.nl/producten/122/gilles-crashprotectie?categoryId=3

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 04:42:06 PM »

Wow, thanks for the quick reply!

Those Netherlanders have for sure an interesting solution with implemented shock absorbers, but TBH I want to avoid ANY drilling and cutting. As you say in your video, where is the sense of cutting into the stuff you want to protect...
Maybe someone comes up with another solution. There are so many bikes out there, I am sure matching frame protectors already exist.

Ashveratu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2022, 04:39:38 AM »

Thanks to your video, I ordered the seat key replacement knob and their brake lock. I even traded in my Livewire for a Essesse 9 because of your videos. Maybe I should stop watching your videos....I am starting to feel the urge to visit New Zealand.
2022 Energica Esseesse 9 RS Bormio Ice
2018 Tesla Model 3 Metallic Red wrap (Black) LR AWD

2020 Harley Livewire Fusion Yellow (traded in)
2014 Brammo Empulse in Yellow (Sold)
2013 Zero S 11.4 - Black (returned to Zero)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2022, 05:43:07 AM »

Sam your influence has grown enough that now might be a good time to post that multilevel marketing NFT program we talked about, where people get rich in just a few weeks!    ;D

Ashveratu, it's when you start thinking "I think I could ride an off road unicycle" that you know it's time to cut back on the videos.

Ashveratu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2022, 02:50:13 AM »

Thankfully, I can not say I've had the urge to ride any type of unicycle, but my parts from E-One have arrived!

The installation of the seat key knob is a pain in the arse yet totally worth it. It was just dumb luck that I installed it with the E-ONE right side up on the knob.

storksb

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2022, 06:55:34 AM »

I purchased the front indicator LED lights from EONE, great addition to the bike. My only negative was the price $250 and the credit card fee that was added. At this price though, the back will have to wait for a few months.

On the positive side the bike is way way more visible now and EONE has great customer service.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 09:27:31 PM by storksb »

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2022, 10:29:30 AM »

The installation of the seat key knob is a pain in the arse yet totally worth it.

Looking good!
Yea the seat lock is really tucked in on the EsseEsse9. Did you remove the lock assembly, swap the knob in and reinstall it, or do everything on the bike?
A little tip that could help others with the install on the EsseEsse9: use a brass punch to gently tap on an edge of the plastic nut used to secure the lock body to loosen it. After installing the knob use the punch to snug up the nut after getting it finger tight.

Ashveratu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2022, 01:31:16 AM »

Instead of a punch, I used a flathead screwdriver to poke around inside and loosened then removed the lock retaining nut. Pulled the lock out, used a sharp pointy object (pocket knife) to remove the key barrel and then installed the knob.

I did spend a few minutes trying to take the bike apart to remove the part that the lock mounts in then quickly realized that would not be easy.

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2022, 11:44:04 AM »

Coming back to the side protectors discussed in this topic.

Being no friend of drilling into a brand new frame I searched for protectors which would not require that. The market is full of products for specific bikes but for some reason neither manufacturers nor seller are able to list the dimensions  ::).

So I looked through the stuff offered without referring to a specific bike and found about a handful of different protectors on Aliexpress with dimension sheets.
Yes, I am quite aware that Aliexpress is a Chinese website full of crap and illegal replicas. But you can also get some good stuff sometimes. There's a good chance that these protectors are also sold through Jeff Bezos, if that makes you feel better  :P

These protectors are made of aluminium and are not at all as sturdy as the ones offered by New England Parts. On the other hand you have to understand that the location of the frame where these protectors are installed is not intended to take real forces. So putting extra-strong stuff there could even do more harm than good. Just my thinking.

See the pics and decide for yourself. Be happy and drive safe!  :-*

Pages: [1] 2