• September 28, 2024, 03:34:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ghost Seat Sensor?  (Read 489 times)

tunafish_phd

• View Profile
Ghost Seat Sensor?
« on: August 01, 2022, 09:25:56 PM »

Hey all. 2023 Ribelle. Had my farings off installing the light kits from EONE and noticed that the seat sensor.... Wasn't connected?

When I pulled one of the side panels off, it looks like the lead was just zip tied to part of the frame. Anyone know whats up with that? Looks like there's another cable in the general area that could potentially be its connection point, but it was sealed/shrink wrapped at the factory. Bike runs just fine, no errors, nothing. Just thought it was really odd that there was a random connector-terminated cable running from my seat module without anything to connect to.

wadejesu

• View Profile
Re: Ghost Seat Sensor?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 10:23:59 PM »

Is your bike keyless? If not it might be for that.

tunafish_phd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 12:35:19 AM »

Its Keyless

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 12:21:58 AM »

Looks like there's another cable in the general area that could potentially be its connection point, but it was sealed/shrink wrapped at the factory.

The seat switch is  poor design.  It is meant to mitigate the hazard of riding w/ seat opened which defies logic.  Looks like the switch is defeated by jumper (in your case) which is perfectly safe condition.

The seat switch on my Eva is defeated permanently because of TopBox mod and need to remove seat for DC charging - no issues encountered.

BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 04:20:53 AM »

Legally the seat switch has to be there. It's a known fussy element. They eliminated it in the new Experia model by moving the charge port from under the seat to the right side of the bike instead.
Pages: [1]