• September 27, 2024, 05:27:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Keyless "Key not found" in mornings  (Read 1263 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Keyless "Key not found" in mornings
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2022, 01:12:10 AM »

Yes. I can use a pin to still use the bike.. Just kind of defeats the purpose of having a fancy keyless system.
You're not expected to have to use it. But it's a way to get back home when your FOB battery craps out during a trip or whatever. Even if it's lost--an advantage over a key.

I know the older Energicas had an issue with the keyless system, but I thought that issue was fixed. What I heard was Energica now has a different supplier for the keyless module-for around the last year or so.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2022, 03:28:46 AM »

Yes. I can use a pin to still use the bike.. Just kind of defeats the purpose of having a fancy keyless system.
You're not expected to have to use it. But it's a way to get back home when your FOB battery craps out during a trip or whatever. Even if it's lost--an advantage over a key.

I know the older Energicas had an issue with the keyless system, but I thought that issue was fixed. What I heard was Energica now has a different supplier for the keyless module-for around the last year or so.

They should use the keyless system manufacturer that BMW uses on their bikes. Mine works very well and I have never had an issue with it over the past 7 years, plus the Fob has only needed its battery replaced one time.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2022, 08:28:37 AM »

Regarding keyless function and FOB range issues, the following is a single data point.

My Eva Ribelle: 2021 (took delivery Q4 2020)
Firmware: EN.A.002041.037 (current - never updated)
Keyless Functional Characteristics:
1- No out-of-range alerts.  If bike is GO and FOB is left behind, bike operates normally.  Done it before and had to call wifey to deliver FOB.
2- FOB range when bike is off is ~1 meter.  If Key/FOB is in seat lock, bike starts fine, quick press just once works.
3- FOB range when bike is GO, same as above, ~1 meter.
4- FOB range when bike is charging <<1 meter.  This one is perplexing but consistent and repeatable.

BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

tunafish_phd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2022, 10:10:38 PM »

2- FOB range when bike is off is ~1 meter.  If Key/FOB is in seat lock, bike starts fine, quick press just once works.

Holy crap. I think I just found out what I was doing wrong... So I've been holding the button down until it starts.. which it would ask me for my pin every time. I just went and tapped on the button... Fired up no problem.

THANK YOU.

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2022, 01:22:55 AM »

lol, I guess a RTFM is in place here :D
Pages: 1 [2]