• September 27, 2024, 05:26:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: App that shows nearby chargers  (Read 680 times)

Skidz

• View Profile
App that shows nearby chargers
« on: June 08, 2022, 03:42:02 PM »

I took the Ribelle for a spin the other week through Europe a bit, and used ABRP for the planning to the area I wanted to explore. Since I planned ahead, I had a Garmin Oregon on the handlebars with a POI of all DCFC stations of the area and scouted the surroundings online to find DCFC beforehand. But I like to deviate from my plans if needs arise, like I'm done riding for the day or I see a stretch of road I'd like to explore a bit. Now Energica has stopped including the bluetooth option on the bikes, I can't use the function of having the nearest chargers on screen which would be a nice feat when wandering about. Is there an app for that? Like a map that scrolls as you move with the chargers on the screen? Or could ABRP do that?

To be clear, I'd like a moving map showing chargers, not stop to check if there are any near.

Sklith

• View Profile
Re: App that shows nearby chargers
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 08:21:25 PM »

Plugshare can show you where chargers are relative to your position. You can filter by charger types if you're more interested in DCFC stations.
2020 Energia Ego

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 10:49:49 PM »

I took the Ribelle for a spin the other week through Europe a bit, and used ABRP for the planning to the area I wanted to explore. Since I planned ahead, I had a Garmin Oregon on the handlebars with a POI of all DCFC stations of the area and scouted the surroundings online to find DCFC beforehand. But I like to deviate from my plans if needs arise, like I'm done riding for the day or I see a stretch of road I'd like to explore a bit. Now Energica has stopped including the bluetooth option on the bikes, I can't use the function of having the nearest chargers on screen which would be a nice feat when wandering about. Is there an app for that? Like a map that scrolls as you move with the chargers on the screen? Or could ABRP do that?

To be clear, I'd like a moving map showing chargers, not stop to check if there are any near.
I have never used that function.   I look at Plugshare and the make directories in my Garmin GPS for both "CCS" and "J-Charge".   Knowling where the charge stations are located is useless when they are down, which is quite often. So I look on Plugshare before I go on a ride to see what chargers are not working. But I have the locations of these charge stations already in my GPS for hundreds of miles in every direction.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 02:30:07 PM »

My Energica app (as in mine, not the one from Energica) does that, but it's not the main feature and not really advanced. For Android you can filter on charger specs. The iOS version doesn't have that setting yet.

Android Play Store link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.hcpl.android.energica

iOS App Store link https://apps.apple.com/app/id1559468042

Edit: If you like it feel free to report bugs or feature requests. I'm not really using it myself plus I'm in Europe so not sure how well it works abroad. It gets charger data from https://openchargemap.org/site . With their app you can always add missing chargers. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 02:48:57 PM by Hans2183 »
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 02:45:34 PM »

Hey Hans,

Just checked your app on an old Android I have laying around, the feature seems to be there. IOS is my main device so not having it in there is kind of sucky ;)

Thanks for the effort of making the app though, it's helping me manage battery temps when on the long stretches! Is it easy to modify the app to have a dashboard-like page showing the temps a bit bigger? The current font is a bit, euh, small-ish while driving ;)

Cheers,

Ton.

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 04:32:12 PM »

Just checked your app on an old Android I have laying around, the feature seems to be there. IOS is my main device so not having it in there is kind of sucky ;)

Thanks for the effort of making the app though, it's helping me manage battery temps when on the long stretches! Is it easy to modify the app to have a dashboard-like page showing the temps a bit bigger? The current font is a bit, euh, small-ish while driving ;)

iOS will be added one day, just need to find time to implement it. For Android I can easily add some numbers in an overlay, I'll prepare something.
--- Belgium ---

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 06:07:09 PM »

Here you go, is available in test app version 3.16. I'll test it on the road one of these days and publish to production if all is OK.

shows speed (GPS), temp, SOC and range for now. I can always update with units or other details if you wish. Just provide feedback.

--- Belgium ---

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 09:46:06 PM »

Hans, sweet! I’ll await the app update. Thanks man!
Pages: [1]