• September 29, 2024, 10:23:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dead Throttle - all else works (2016 FXS)  (Read 346 times)

TnFred

• View Profile
Dead Throttle - all else works (2016 FXS)
« on: June 05, 2022, 11:15:32 PM »

Charged to 100% night before, loaded up and hit the throttle and nothing - (did intermittent for 50" or so then nothing since).  Error codes 25 &49 - Open contact disable -. Never had this problem before.  Any ideas ?

rgutt

• View Profile
Re: Dead Throttle - all else works (2016 FXS)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 01:47:18 AM »

Could just be a loose connection somewhere based on your comment about intermittent movement for 50" or so. The throttle connects to the Sevcon only. The Sevcon transmits throttle data via the CANbus to the MBB, which in turn energizes the forward enable input on the Sevcon. Since you didn't mention anything about the dash not working or the bike just shutting down, I'm going to assume the CANbus is functioning. First, I'd verify the throttle works. Not only does it have a variable output, but there should be a switch that closes just as the throttle is cracked. You'll have to probe the connections at the head to test. And if memory serves, the throttle is a hall effect type, so it'll have to be powered to test.  From there, I would check the throttle connections from the handlebars all the way to the motor controller under the seat.

TnFred

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 04:19:00 AM »

Thanks for the info, off to the shop and keep digging. Will let everyone know when I know.

TnFred

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 11:12:08 PM »

IT WORKS! Replaced the throttle control ($208), and it seems to run as usual.
Notes - When I pulled the old one, I noticed the sealant was cracking, dug into it and found rust and corrosion.
     Found a used one on Ebay for less but decided not to take the chance as it might also have bad sealant, plus the shipping cost from Canada.
     Yes, in fact it is a "Hall Effect" controller.
   As an aside, be very careful with Dielectric grease, had some problems with too much, killed the connection over time. I guess it "oozes" over time.
   Thank you for the info, take care.
Pages: [1]