• October 22, 2024, 12:41:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cycra hand guards  (Read 764 times)

NHRstein

• View Profile
Cycra hand guards
« on: May 06, 2022, 08:47:41 AM »

Just bought a 2019 DS and the PO had Cycra handguards installed. I found the insert that goes into bar end had no hard stop. It was possible to tighten the insert enough to cause the throttle to stick. Given this info, I noticed there were some spacers installed between the inner bar clamps and the aluminum cross bar. Originally I thought this spacer might have been destined for the bar end. Then I realized they were not really installed properly. So If you have the same hand guards and a similar problem, a spacer can be purchased from mcmaster. https://www.mcmaster.com/93320A305 These worked well for me. just $13 for 5 of them. I have a few extra, so if someone in the san diego are needs some, let me know.

Pard

• View Profile
Re: Cycra hand guards
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 09:11:31 PM »

How are those handguards working out?  Recommend them?

This Vendor has a hilarious note at the end. 

OEM Zero MC's Hand Guards, Black by Cycra - ZM10-08060 For '15 and Later DS, DSR, FX, FXS, and FXE
Home /Shop Online /Zero Motorcycles -- All Models /FXE Spare Parts & Accessories /FXE Accessories /OEM Zero MC's Hand Guards, Black by Cycra - ZM10-08060 For '15 and Later DS, DSR, FX, FXS, and FXE
OEM Zero MC's Hand Guards, Black by Cycra - ZM10-08060 For '15 and Later DS, DSR, FX, FXS, and FXE
Availability: 1 In stock -- Ready to Ship Now!
SKU: ZM10-08060
$169.99 (USD)
OEM Zero MC's Hand Guards, Black by Cycra - ZM10-08060

See detailed Complete fitment list at bottom of this page.

Sold as a LH and RH pair with all required hardware.

Protect your hands from trees, brush and rocks with the Zero Hand Guards. Designed by Cycra Racing, the black anodized bars and handlebar clamps integrate neatly onto your motorcycle’s handlebars.

In the event of a crash, the hand guards serve to protect your brake lever as well as other handlebar controls. Included with the hand guards is all the hardware needed for installation and Zero Motorcycles badges that can be placed wherever you think they will look best.

***Please note: These handguards are EXTREMELY difficult to install. Space behind the guard severely limits the brake lever position without causing unwanted contact. We usually spend 3 hours installing these guards. We are not kidding, this is the worst fitting OEM accessory we've ever offered. Professional installation is strongly recommended.

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 08:47:48 AM »

Cycras are the best. I put a set on my FX in 2016 (black ones from Zero), no issues.

Here was a detailed thread about installation on FX that may or may not apply to other models.
https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=6532.msg51655#msg51655

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 08:45:37 PM »

Cycras are the best. I put a set on my FX in 2016 (black ones from Zero), no issues.

Here was a detailed thread about installation on FX that may or may not apply to other models.
https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=6532.msg51655#msg51655

Yep, these handguards are worth getting.  Ordered a set and installed yesterday.

senormisterioso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 10:19:07 AM »

IMO those Cycra ones look...utilitarian?  :o
I went with Acerbis Dual Roads + install hardware and installation took 3 minutes a side and only required a hammer and an allen key.
Theres apparently an LED signal kit for them as well.

$86.63 on Amazon delivered from the UK to the USA.

I used the smallest included spacer on the throttle side and no spacer on the left side, and the smallest threaded ferrules included worked perfectly.

Pard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 03:54:24 PM »

Those Acerbis are better looking.  Agree.  And at a better price!

Well done!

senormisterioso

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022, 12:56:16 AM »

Thanks! I only hope I didn't void the warranty by ordering non-catalogue parts  ::)
Pages: [1]