• September 23, 2024, 01:23:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: received my Ego Tricolor  (Read 682 times)

andyman

• View Profile
received my Ego Tricolor
« on: March 30, 2022, 07:14:41 AM »

Well after many months I received my Ego.  Stefano is incredibly nice, professional.  His team Chris and Laurence also provides excellent support post sales.   If your buying a electric your not only getting a great bike but great service and nothing better then to support these guys with your money.

I did have a couple issues. 
1.  Bike is tall and I'm short.  I had to lower the bike and fortunately the bike has ohlins and has ride height adjustments.  But with the bike lowered, the side stand needs to get modified.  I cut off 3/4" from the side stand and now the side stand works properly.  Had to use the lathe to create the inserts to connect the 2 halfs so after my weld, it should be stronger then it was.

2.  Thinkware sport m1 dash camera installed.   12V is wired to the factory harness via factory plugs (no splicing).  Energica uses weather proof connectors and the 12v is available on the 6pin connector.. This might be the same plug as the USB but I'm not using that.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FTRV25T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1  Still need to figure out where to mount the cameras but electrically, its done.

3.  The side stand switch is the same one used on the 1098 I believe.  The connector is super long and requires removal of most of the fairing to reach it which is silly.  I made a 4" extension harness so I don't have to take the bike apart just to replace the side stand switch.

I still haven't ridden this bike yet.  Hopefully I'll be able to right after I get the side stand back from powder coating.

Fred

• View Profile
Re: received my Ego Tricolor
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 02:32:34 PM »

How can you have had the patience and self-restraint not to ride it just once before starting on the modifications?
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

slant911

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 08:25:39 PM »

STUNNING!

MoneyFor

• View Profile
    • My Current Bikes
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 09:02:36 PM »

Congrats !

You gave yourself extra work by cutting the side stand in the "middle". I have already shortened this 2x myself , you just have to cut off the bottom (that flat piece with curved plate on ) and then you can shorten it as much as you want. The first time there was not enough off (-15mm) and I found the bike still too upright like the factory does, the bike is already too straight without any modification in height. When shortening the 2nd time I used it to make a new bottom plate that was larger for soft surfaces.

You can see the modification on my webpage, just click on my signature.

Click HERE here to see my current bikes.

My current bikes:

2003 - HD  Hugger
2016 - Honda GL 1800
2018 - HD  Fat Boy
2019 - HD  Street Bob
2020 - Energica Ribelle
2021 - KTM Superduke 1290R
2022 - HD Street Glide Special

andyman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 11:27:18 PM »

How can you have had the patience and self-restraint not to ride it just once before starting on the modifications?

Can't ride it.. It was too tall!  I have no choice but to wait.

Squelch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 06:37:35 AM »

2.  Thinkware sport m1 dash camera installed.   12V is wired to the factory harness via factory plugs (no splicing).  Energica uses weather proof connectors and the 12v is available on the 6pin connector.. This might be the same plug as the USB but I'm not using that.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FTRV25T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1  Still need to figure out where to mount the cameras but electrically, its done.

I see the pic with the "tank" removed - where exactly did you plug the connector for the 12V? I've been trying to wire a Garmin and can't seem to get it to work off the USB, even though it shows 12V with a multimeter...

andyman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 07:04:46 AM »

There is a 6pin connector on mine that has nothing plugged in.   pin 1 is 12v and pin 2 is ground.  It was sitting on top of the battery at the front.  Look under the big giant orange connector at the front.

Squelch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2022, 03:46:39 PM »

There is a 6pin connector on mine that has nothing plugged in.   pin 1 is 12v and pin 2 is ground.  It was sitting on top of the battery at the front.  Look under the big giant orange connector at the front.
Ok, thanks - I'll check it out when I get home (traveling right now). I'm just super hesitant to try to tap into anything that even closely resembles the main power. It's weird because on an ICE bike I'd hook up all sorts of electrical stuff, but on this one I'm not confident I won't completely screw up the main drive system...

andyman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2022, 12:52:53 AM »

I took some additional pictures of the actual connector.
Pages: [1]