• June 28, 2024, 03:28:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cypher Upgrades Available Early Spring 2022?  (Read 852 times)

Tony

• View Profile
Cypher Upgrades Available Early Spring 2022?
« on: March 08, 2022, 08:25:16 PM »

I already took my MC out for the new season and would love to unlock faster charging and parking mode for my SR/F. From my understanding these unlocks will be available also for older models, like my 2020 model.

Apparently these upgrades will be available "early spring 2022", according to Zero's homepage. But, when is "early spring" in the US? :)

slant911

• View Profile
Re: Cypher Upgrades Available Early Spring 2022?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 09:50:03 PM »

Well where I live early spring is already here.  I am afraid in places like NY it is still some weeks away maybe.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 09:52:34 PM »

"Early spring" is just a way of Zero giving customers a vague idea of timescales without committing to anything. It not as if the software is ready to go but someone's looking out the window checking the weather before clicking the deploy button.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 02:20:42 AM »

"Early spring" is just a way of Zero giving customers a vague idea of timescales without committing to anything. It not as if the software is ready to go but someone's looking out the window checking the weather before clicking the deploy button.

Well, obviously, just trying to confirm the rough time as I am not from USA. There is always early spring somewhere on the globe, but I assume they are talking about their own home turf. From what I can see California is already in spring.

Also, I'd like to confirm whether the unlocks are coming to older bikes, or just the new ones, in case anyone has some info about this.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 02:22:54 AM by Tony »

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 02:37:12 AM »

You can see which updates will be supported by which bikes on their website:
https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/cypherstore
As long as you have an FST bike, you should have some updates coming your way.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 03:22:00 AM »

Tony it will probably be in a month or so.

What I'm wondering is if the upgrades are "forever" or just for the owner who paid for it.

svelectric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 08:28:06 PM »

I think it was on facebook, but I've seen posts from what I "think" are Zero people, stating it stays with the bike, forever.  ymmv

Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 02:06:59 PM »

Personally I'm looking forward to the navigation, here's hoping it doesn't turn out to be useless. Haven't decided on the reverse yet, normally I just kill switch it and manhandle it back into my garage.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 02:10:00 PM »

Personally I'm looking forward to the navigation, here's hoping it doesn't turn out to be useless. Haven't decided on the reverse yet, normally I just kill switch it and manhandle it back into my garage.

You're aware Google Maps is a thing, yes?

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2022, 06:33:53 PM »

I'm looking for the navigation as well.  I don't like having my phone hanging off the bike, since there is already a really nice screen already available, why not have it integrated?  I like the potentially simplified interface as well.
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2022, 04:05:42 AM »

Yes, but that generally means attaching my phone somewhere on the handlebars.. with a zflip3 that's actually quite difficult. it also does not have the same level of screen protection because it's designed to protect it by folding in half and staying in my pocket. I've looked at alternate GPS solutions.. but it would be so much simpler and easier to use the screen that's already integrated on the bike.

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2022, 04:31:10 AM »

The only downside to this feature that I've seen is that it has to be initiated by the app, and depends on the BT connection to get GPS info. So I guess you can put your phone in your pocket or the trunk instead of on the handlbars.

opengl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2022, 08:33:21 PM »

I don't have high hopes for the navigation based on the current state of the app but would like to be proved wrong.
2020 Zero SR/F
2019 KTM Duke 390
2014 Yamaha FJR1300
2006 Honda 919

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2022, 09:09:04 PM »

That's exactly what I was thinking. I can't get a simple firmware file transferred over successfully, never mind streaming navigation data.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2022, 03:38:37 PM »

That's exactly what I was thinking. I can't get a simple firmware file transferred over successfully, never mind streaming navigation data.
Hm, did Zero confirm it will need a mobile phone to work? When I remote connect to my MC it always knows where it is, that means it has an onboard GPS tracker, no?

Well, I suppose the onboard computer has too little memory and processing power anyway, so streaming is probably the only way to solve it.

Personally, I clip the phone to the steering wheel or put it in my pocket while connected to my helmet via Bluetooth for spoken navigational assistance. Works fairly well.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 04:42:02 PM by Tony »
Pages: [1] 2