• September 19, 2024, 03:02:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Remote connect cellular  (Read 1026 times)

gstrub

• View Profile
Remote connect cellular
« on: February 20, 2022, 09:49:50 PM »

So I have yet to upgrade my firmware beyond version 17 due to paranoia. The bike runs fine. However, I have not been able to use the cellular function for sometime. The tab for remote connect is available, however when I click on it it shows me a location of my bike which is several months old. In addition it does not update any information on the bike when looking at the app. Is there a fix for this without having to update the firmware?

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Remote connect cellular
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 04:33:03 AM »

My daughter's 2014 Zero S/PT hasn't had its firmware upgraded since it left the factory in December 2013. It still runs great and the only failure was the OBC a couple of years ago. Even though I have a slightly larger battery on my 2018 Zero S/PT than she does, when we ride together she shows about the same SOC as I do. But that may be due to the fact that her BMS allows the battery pack to be fully charged at 117V, whereas mine cuts off at 115V.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

opengl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 04:38:07 AM »

So I have yet to upgrade my firmware beyond version 17 due to paranoia. The bike runs fine. However, I have not been able to use the cellular function for sometime. The tab for remote connect is available, however when I click on it it shows me a location of my bike which is several months old. In addition it does not update any information on the bike when looking at the app. Is there a fix for this without having to update the firmware?

Known problem, no fix until they update the app. On iOS anyway, some claim it still works on Android.

You can use the third party zeroNG app to check SOC remotely at least, which is better than nothing.
2020 Zero SR/F
2019 KTM Duke 390
2014 Yamaha FJR1300
2006 Honda 919

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 11:52:21 PM »

The remote connect on this bike is a joke. It has not worked correctly from day one for me. Most of the time my bike location is weeks old.  It rarely updates any of the other information.  I had my bike to the dealer twice to fix. The second time they even changed the sending unit and told me it should be fine now.  It wasn't.  Shame that Zero markets this as a "connected bike".  I don't know about others but my bike shows it is not connected 99% of the time.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

opengl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 01:59:24 AM »

The "Not Connected" bug was fixed in v21.

But yeah remote connect in general is super unreliable, even when it wasn't completely broken.

Use zeroNG to remotely monitor SOC.
2020 Zero SR/F
2019 KTM Duke 390
2014 Yamaha FJR1300
2006 Honda 919

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 02:47:19 AM »

Still not working for me even after the 21 update. I am using Android. It used to work though.

I kind of assumed it was related to lack of cell subscription, as I remember the dealer told me the MC came with a two year free cell connectivity. But after reading avout this here, I am wondering if it is simply a software issue...

Hopefully we will see a rewamp of the app soon as they are rolling out their new cypher store.

zeronimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2022, 01:23:35 AM »

good evening, I have a problem on my zero srs 2021, the 3g cellular connection tells me module does not exist, I have the latest mbb 21 update, but the motorcycle tells me connection does not exist
before it said connected.

this problem appeared after driving in December under water and after washing the motorcycle.

Do you think unplugging the module and checking the connections and plugging it back in will solve my problem?
I am French and sorry for my broken English with google
Thank you for your answers

sébastien

honda prelude 1994
bmw 1200RT 2006
Zéro sr/s full options 2021

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 03:19:09 AM »

I have the 2020 SRS. The engineers told me via email that where it says cellular in the display menu would only say Connected if it was actually being used at the time. So its normal to see it say not connected. That's what mine always says whenever I look at it, and my remote connection works as it should and is very reliable. As far as I know, what's required to make a cellular connection is to install the Zero Next Gen app and create an account.

zeronimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 02:02:09 PM »

I have a zero account. I tried but it's the same
everything was working fine before.

right now plugged or not plugged

everithing connected, or not connected

thanks
case to follow
sébastien

honda prelude 1994
bmw 1200RT 2006

ms_smart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 03:25:34 PM »

Hi zeronimbus,

I also had a major breakdown of the CCM module after 100km driving in heavy rain. The module no longer sent out status info. You can test this with the ZeroNG app from Hans. To further investigate the problem I queried the MBB console and received this:

ZERO MBB>
*                       CCM Data                            *
  UTC_time: Mon, 01/01/2007 00:00:00
                           Parameter,      Value,    In Test
                       last_packet_s,         99,          0
                      last_packet_ms,        416,          0
                             unit_id,          0,          0
                              fw_ver,   2000.0.0,          0
                          fw_ver_raw,       0x00,          0

Most interesting for we was the UTC time as well as the firmware version (fw_ver_raw) showing 0. This was for me the indicator, that the CCM module was broken. Zero replaced the module, but question remains, if I get the same problem after the next rain....

To test your CCM module you can try ZeroNG (look for the "actual date") Is this outdated? If yes I would query the MBB (command ccm).

zeronimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 03:36:10 PM »

Thank you for your answer.
but i don't have an iphone, i'm on android
the bike is going to go back to the mechanic because I have just noticed that they have broken my fairing screws grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
sébastien

honda prelude 1994
bmw 1200RT 2006

ms_smart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2022, 04:26:44 PM »

I am also on Android. The APK is still available at https://m.apkpure.com/zerong/be.hcpl.android.zeronextgen

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2022, 06:21:27 PM »

2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

zeronimbus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2022, 08:31:15 PM »

thank you friends
I'll try, I'll let you know later.
thanks
sébastien

honda prelude 1994
bmw 1200RT 2006

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2022, 02:53:08 AM »

Yes please do post back, curious to see how this turns out.
Pages: [1] 2