• October 21, 2024, 04:39:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Zero SR/S firmware update MBB V21  (Read 1617 times)

pargil

• View Profile
Zero SR/S firmware update MBB V21
« on: February 04, 2022, 09:27:16 PM »

Just to let you know that I made the firmware update of my bike today. The firmware downloaded and installed flawlessly.
It was done through WIFI with the app NextGen. Phone is an Android version 10.
The MBB is now V21 and the BMS is still V19.

I cannot report on anything changed for now as my bike sits comfortably in my basement for the winter.

;)

karlh

• View Profile
Re: Zero SR/S firmware update MBB V21
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 11:27:31 PM »

Do you have a version description?  The Zero website still lists MBB V20 as the latest.
Karl
2020 SR/S
2007 BMW R1200ST
1978 Triumph Bonneville

pargil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 11:49:15 PM »

No , I don't. But just the fact that the whole update went without hickup, it is already a plus when you read all past comments on firmware updates.
I know that Zero web site is not necessarly updated real time on the firmware versions.

jbzero4723

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 05:47:54 AM »

Just installed V21 with my IPhone App.  It took about 25 minutes without any problems.  I tried the “Remote Connect” , it still appears it’s not working correctly.
2021 Zero SRS Premium

lunarx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 08:54:20 AM »

Just installed V21 with my IPhone App.  It took about 25 minutes without any problems.  I tried the “Remote Connect” , it still appears it’s not working correctly.

My v21 Update failed 3 times, in a row, using iPhone.
I logged out, of the app, then logged back in (after retrieving my Verification Code via email).
I was then able to perform the update, which went smoothly.

Cellular Interface shows as "Connected" (v21 in Dash Menu), where it showed "Not Connected" on v20.
That was a known issue of "False" Negative Status, on v20, so that's one small bug fixed  :)

Remote Connect (w/ iPhone) still not working  :(
Haven't tested anything else yet.
21 SR/S, 22 H2SX, 23 ZX-4

mporris6

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 02:34:43 AM »

Here with a SR/F. Cannot get the update to complete with an iPhone. Tried to logout and uninstall the app without luck. Will try a Pixel phone before calling the dealer:

Firmware transfer has failed. Please
key off your motorcycle for 3 minutes
and then try again.

gb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 01:49:15 PM »

Hi,

Firmware transfer has failed. Please
key off your motorcycle for 3 minutes
and then try again.

Same behavior here with an iphone 13 pro.
Everyday i'm amazed by the poor quality of their products.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 01:52:14 PM by gb »

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 03:50:17 PM »

I'm getting the same update failure with Android. Usually get to about 30% before crapping out. (V20 previously installed without a hitch.)
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Mooseman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 02:54:24 AM »

I'm getting the same update failure with Android. Usually get to about 30% before crapping out. (V20 previously installed without a hitch.)

Same here. Samsung S20 FE 5G and the update fails every single time. I tried with Wi-Fi as well as with the cellular connection, no difference.

Is there any other way to install the update? I have a CAN bus adapter somewhere in a huge pile of things I don't usually need but I'm not sure that's going to help.
2014 BMW K1600GT
2020 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
2021 Zero piece of iron that doesn't work and can't be repaired

karlh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 04:32:05 AM »

When I updated to V20 the update notification was displayed on the dash and the update was accomplished without use of the phone app.  V21 seems to require use of the app in all cases.  I wonder why the change?
Karl
2020 SR/S
2007 BMW R1200ST
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Mooseman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2022, 09:36:23 AM »

So I tried again today and figured there is no point in repeating the same procedure over and over again. 0/3 successful attempts wasn't quite the outcome I'd been hoping for.

So in an act of despair I unpaired the phone and the bike, uninstalled the Zero Next Gen app, reinstalled it, tried again and this time it worked. I had to set some permissions on my phone. I'm not sure if that was the issue. It would've been helpful if the error message had provided me with some information as too why the update failed, but it didn't.

Anyway, V21 is installed now. I have no clue what the changes are. I didn't even get a chance to check out V20 as it was already too cold to ride when I installed it.

Right now the main battery is at 90% but the app says it's at 37%. Thank god this is the "latest and greatest firmware" available. That's what Zero says anyways. YMMV, mine sure does.

FWIW, the dashboard still says it has no cell connectivity.
2014 BMW K1600GT
2020 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
2021 Zero piece of iron that doesn't work and can't be repaired

Auriga

• View Profile

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2022, 05:42:18 PM »

Resolved potential issue where throttle would activate on key on under specific conditions
I hope those specific conditions at the very least included the sidestand up, the throttle open and preferably the rider sitting on the bike!  :o
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2022, 09:04:42 AM »

For anyone affected by the top speed limitation issue with the last update:
I spoke with an engineer at Zero and he said this new firmware update does not fix the top speed problem some people had, including me.
He said the top speed issue is with the app. When that is updated hopefully that issue will go away.
For anyone affected by the top speed problem in case if you didn't see my other thread about it,\ you can get that remedied, in a way, by Zero.
The dealer can change some parameters on the MBB board and you unpair your bike so the app cant connect via bluetooth. Cellular is still ok.
I did this and the result was a custom mode called CANYON that has the highest top speed and what feels like full power and torque.

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2022, 11:59:48 PM »

Zero really needs to up their game in the software department.  The bike's software is sketchy.  The app is almost useless.  Firmware upgrades other than at the dealer are frustrating at the best, impossible at the worst.  My "connected bike" shows it is not connected 99% of the time.  For cutting edge tech, my SRF's software features feels like it was designed by amateurs.  Maybe Zero needs to invest some of the money they are getting from all the bike sales into getting a better software team.  Sorry about venting my frustration but I just spent the last hour trying to update my firmware from the app and got no where.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
Pages: [1] 2