• October 22, 2024, 11:37:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2013 Zero FX Controller Error 0x4682 After Programming Mishap  (Read 521 times)

steven_first

• View Profile
2013 Zero FX Controller Error 0x4682 After Programming Mishap
« on: December 19, 2021, 02:44:30 AM »

I am working on a FX Sevcon system that will not activate the contactors after making a rather dumb error. I was planning to diagnose a throttle related error. When I first fired up DVT, I skipped the part where you build a table before making edits. I made a few changes to the drive profile before I realized I messed up. Now when returning to operational, I get an error. I do not have a pre-oops backup DCF file............ The MBB log does not give much help but it does confirm that my error started after I messed up. Contactors do not pull in and motor does not spin nor track being spun. The controller blinks 10 doots. The MBB power LED gives a 2, 1 doot code (contactor error).  Plugging in the off-board charger does not activate contactors and gives error. The onboard charger was removed prior. The bike did work before I messed up, it just had some throttle issues.

When I go to Operational, I get the error "0x4682 IO INIT". Some digging gets me this:

Controller has not received all configured RPDOs at power up
    Check PDOs on all CANbus nodes are configured correctly and match up.

The MBB Log echos the 4682 error:

SEVCON CAN EMCY Frame      Error Code: 0x1000, Error Reg: 0x01, Sevcon Error Code: 0x4682, Data: 00 00 00, Unknown

I am no expert on CAN but I belive this error refers to the RPDO's. I have the following:

Sync Period 40.0mS
    RPDO 1
    Cob-ID    0x00000200
    Synch Per Transmit 1

Throttle Input Voltage  Address 0x2220,0
    Forward Switch   Address 02121,0
    Reverse Switch    Address 02122,0
    FS1 switch    Address 02123,0

There are several TPDO's listed but I don't think they would give this error?? I can provide them if needed.

What I have done so far:

Build table (can't remember what the exact process is called) and create after the fact DCF backup file.
    Reload created DCF file. Did not fix issue.
    Delete all RPDO's. This does seem to remove the error but causes many, many other errors leading to a need to restore DCF backup.
    Tried to use my old DigiNow OBD scanner but it will not pair with my phone (none of the popular passcodes work?). Used Zero app to create log and emailed it to myself. Found nothing of value.
    Dug through as many settings as I can to verify they make "sense" to the best of my ability. Very inconclusive but I didn't notice anything blatant.

What I know:

The MBB is alive and communicating as expected. It reports, sends, and receives data from the controller.
    The only error I get in preop is 4681 (unit is in preop) and 4682 (IO Init) in operational.
    DVT warns me that there is no contactor mapped (not an error). I assume this is ok since the controller does not control the contactors directly; the MBB does.
    When I change settings in DVT, they do upload to the controller and overwrite the current settings.

What might help:

Someone with a 2013 FX confirm my RPDO's and other CAN settings such as addresses, time settings, and Bit/Byte values.
    Someone with a 2013 FX send me their stock DCF file. Even if I can't directly load it, I can use the built in compare function to....compare the settings.
    Someone with general knowledge/experience with Sevcon and DVT tells me what I did and how to fix it.   
    Rewiring everything to eliminate the MBB and use the contactor settings built into the controller eliminating all RPDO's

I would appreciate any advice, input, or information that may help me out of this pickle.

rgutt

• View Profile
Re: 2013 Zero FX Controller Error 0x4682 After Programming Mishap
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 08:14:22 PM »

I don't have my IXXAT cable yet, so I can't tell you what the parameters need to be. On later models, from what I've seen from posts of people who have done the regen lever mod, RPDO1 (at least one of the 8 objects to which it can be mapped anyway) is set to the battery recharge limit. In your post, you show RPDO1 mapped to throttle and a number of switches. I can't imagine a reason why Zero would have mapped those configuration settings to an RPDO, which would mean mapping those inputs to an input pin would come from the CANbus. As those inputs are all hardwired, I would think the mappings would be established in the IO configuration and nowhere else. They could be included in a TPDO to post the information on the CANbus, but TPDOs do not change parameters in the controller.

Under the IO configuration based on the schematic I can find for a 2013 model, analog input 1 should be mapped to the throttle input voltage; digital input 1 is mapped to the forward switch; digital input 3 is mapped to drive select 2; digital input 4 is mapped to drive select 1; digital input 7 is mapped to the brake input signal. I would expect these to be setup in the IO configuration and not mapped under an RPDO. The drive select and brake input mapping I took off the schematic, which I can only assume the person who made the schematic determined by viewing the IO configuration in the DVT software. The forward switch mapping at least matches the wiring configuration for a later model bike, so it's probably accurate.

I didn't see a wired input for the FS1 switch, which is a safety input for the Sevcon. Perhaps Zero disabled that function. The Sevcon manual does not specifically indicate it can be disabled, but they do show automatic configuration examples for which it is not mapped, so I figure it can be.

rgutt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 05:58:04 AM »

Did you ever get this sorted? On a 2021, the only data objects under RPDO 1 are
  0x4623,1 | Maximum battery charge current
  0x4623,2 | Maximum battery discharge current
  0x2222,0 | Economy input voltage
  0x2126,0 | Driveability Select 1 switch
  0x2127,0 | Driveability Select 2 switch
  0x2130,0 | Footbrake switch
  1 Dummy bit.

Given all the articles/posts I've seen about people adding regen levers to the older models and no one's ever mentioning having to disable the footbrake RPDO, I'm going to say that one would not have been present on your model.

steven_first

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 04:19:45 AM »

Thanks guys,

I thought I had set this post to email me for new replies but never got a notification. I have not tried to fix the problem since I posted. I will give some attention to my setup and see if these things help and get back to you.
Pages: [1]