• October 22, 2024, 07:44:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Did my charger just die?  (Read 1452 times)

valnar

• View Profile
Re: Did my charger just die?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2022, 08:27:33 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  I'm a "one and done" kind of guy.  So far my FXS is fine, but if I ever had that treatment from Zero, it would be my last.  Then back to a Honda.  Life is too short to play these games.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 10:13:48 PM by valnar »
Zero FXS 2020

slant911

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2022, 09:58:04 PM »

Yeah I am not terribly happy about their process of elimination in just tossing parts at the problem.  My 2020 SRS is currently now on its 3rd week at the dealer waiting on a part to get to them that I am almost certain will not fix my NO Charging issue and am figuring another month to get the next part shipped and installed.  It astounds me that a company that is near the cutting edge of technology in this arena doesn't have a very straight forward and fool proof way of knowing what is going on with these bikes.  In my mind you should hook it up to a diagnostic computer and absolutely know whats going on.  Not keep chucking parts at it.

Zeromotorcycles

• Zero Motorcycles Owner Support Representative
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2022, 01:28:52 AM »

Small update, Zero has no good will left in em  >:( And maybe I shouldn't expect it, I'm just bummed. After 30k miles the things just show their issues.

Last year I replaced the motor due to its bearing failing, through no fault of my own - paid out of pocket as many others here have.

Currently in a 5+ month process of diagnosing an issue with charging,

1: They make me pay for a charger, $800 and issue isn't fixed
2: Buy a new $400 controller, installed and issue isn't fixed
3: Next up is a $600 harness, which I'm now waiting on..

It got so bad the mechanic basically asked me if I wanted the bike back as is... like they themselves are getting tired of it and I'm the burden for wanting my bike fixed.

The bike ran for 20k+ miles and charged just fine with a custom ignition switch - which I know some of you have done to your bikes too - but they wanna switch that out. So in this enormous process of elimination, parts and labor for the bike since 2016 and 40k miles is now around $4,950 in repairs beyond MSRP, and may be more.

I miss the days seeing customers getting good faith treatment from Zero, which in my opinion was a necessary backing for how small they are.

Hello, we are having an engineer follow up with you via email regarding this and your custom ignition switch.

slant911

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2022, 03:46:15 AM »

Yeah I am not terribly happy about their process of elimination in just tossing parts at the problem.  My 2020 SRS is currently now on its 3rd week at the dealer waiting on a part to get to them that I am almost certain will not fix my NO Charging issue and am figuring another month to get the next part shipped and installed.  It astounds me that a company that is near the cutting edge of technology in this arena doesn't have a very straight forward and fool proof way of knowing what is going on with these bikes.  In my mind you should hook it up to a diagnostic computer and absolutely know whats going on.  Not keep chucking parts at it.

Just got the call from the dealer that the part they received was installed and low and behold does not fix the issue....So we go on to the next part to "try"  ::)

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2022, 09:44:43 AM »

It seems like if they aren't sure a high priced part is faulty, they ought to have a test jig to attach it to. The customer bike should not be the only platform to determine if something works or not.

The worst they could do is have some central Zero shop, where suspect parts could be overnighted by the dealer and Zero could have representations of all motorcycle models. Not actual motorcycles, but assemblies for testing that represent the motorcycles, where all the parts can be plugged in and out easily. That way if they aren't going to break out voltages and signals for troubleshooting but merely use rote part substitution to solve issues, they can be sure parts are faulty before they ask you to pay for them.

It sounds like they told you to pay for parts to install that did not solve the problem. That's how I read it anyway. If that was the case, I would be VERY upset. If you are buying parts, be sure to tell them you want your old ones back, no matter what happens.

slant911

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2022, 03:42:32 AM »

It seems like if they aren't sure a high priced part is faulty, they ought to have a test jig to attach it to. The customer bike should not be the only platform to determine if something works or not.

The worst they could do is have some central Zero shop, where suspect parts could be overnighted by the dealer and Zero could have representations of all motorcycle models. Not actual motorcycles, but assemblies for testing that represent the motorcycles, where all the parts can be plugged in and out easily. That way if they aren't going to break out voltages and signals for troubleshooting but merely use rote part substitution to solve issues, they can be sure parts are faulty before they ask you to pay for them.

It sounds like they told you to pay for parts to install that did not solve the problem. That's how I read it anyway. If that was the case, I would be VERY upset. If you are buying parts, be sure to tell them you want your old ones back, no matter what happens.

You would think that this is terribly expensive way to do things... Just heard from my dealer on my no charging issue.  On to part number 3...wiring harness of some kind.  Part one was the charging port..almost 2 weeks of time.  Then charger...another week and a couple of days.  Now this wiring harness is being ordered today which will take another almost week to get here then install.  It is the weirdest way to troubleshoot and fix something.  Really should have test mules or something like that at these dealers so they can determine first time what the problem is.  So aggravated.... >:(

idle

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2022, 11:43:41 AM »

It sounds like they told you to pay for parts to install that did not solve the problem. That's how I read it anyway. If that was the case, I would be VERY upset.

This is exactly what's happening, I'm at about $2,900 so far with no end in sight.

I have 208k followers on tiktok and they might hear the brutal truth, I wish this were easier.

Also I got an email from Zero stating they didn't know why my dealership needed to order a harness, I'm not so bent up about that because there is definitely a problem that hasn't been identified yet, but jesus
Pages: 1 [2]